[REPORTED][MERGED] Catapult Failed Launches

Arbil

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1l_U4Gq8ayyISVxaFEQOxt2P1RZ4qIXLK

Can someone tell me what mistake, probably stupid, I am making with that mission. No matter if I cold start or take a hot started jet off the carrier I end up in the drink. I've tried with stabs in 16, 17, and 18. If I give it full throttle it won't launch, but if I pull the finger lifts and force afterburners it will launch but I drop into the water. IDK what I am doing wrong in this mission. It's strange. If I go to the other couple missions that I have made everything goes smooth with launches but something is up in this one that I can't figure out. Thanks for any help.

GO TO PAGE 4 FOR UPDATED INFO

Edited by Arbil
Ease of navigation to issue

I made another super simple mission from scratch and even with a super light load I still get the same issue of not being able to take off from the carrier without forcing the afterburners with the finger lifts. I didn't go into the water when the plane was that light but it definitely didn't pitch up as much as is does by itself on my PG map missions.

Are your toe brakes inverted? Assuming you’re using rudder pedals. I had a similar issue until I inverted them.

Alienware Area 51 R5 - Intel i9 7980XE (4.7 GHz), 32GB Dual Channel HyperX DDR4 XMP, Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Graphics 11GB GDDR5X SLI, 4.5 TB combo of SSDs/HDDs, Alienware 1500 Watt Multi-GPU Power Supply, Alienware 25” 240Hz Gaming Monitor, Alienware Pro Gaming Keyboard, TM HOTAS, TM Cougar F-16C MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, TrackIR5, Win10 Pro x64

What happens when you leave the deck? Stall and drop into the ocean, or straight into the ocean?

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

I'm having the same issues. Launch off deck around 170 knots, don't touch the stick, then slowly loose speed and go right into the water. Tested with another plane at a regular airfield, he confirmed , my burners were on as we took off together with no issues.

On the carrier, fuel flow is good, flaps full and throttles show 100% when I go into the water. Something up with the carrier model I suspect. I can get airborne, but only when flying "empty", with no gas or weapons.

Flightstick is Thrustmaster Warthog. I may have to re-calibrate it again or re-install drivers.

are you using game flight mode? if so try unticking that.

I flew with game flight mode for helicopters as i'm learning those right now and i forgot to untick it for the hornet, causes all kinds of problems for the carrier launch.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HP OMEN 880-130 - Windows 10/Intel Core i7-8700K/2TB HDD/ 1TB SSD/32GB DDR4 RAM/GTX 1080 Ti

are you using game flight mode? if so try unticking that.

I flew with game flight mode for helicopters as i'm learning those right now and i forgot to untick it for the hornet, causes all kinds of problems for the carrier launch.

I can verify that "game flight mode" does indeed make it hard to get into the air on carrier launch. It must be bugged.

It's not bugged.

Throttle lifts need to be engaged. Engage throttle lifts, go full forward on throttle to push through ab detent. You're not at full burner with the throttle all the way forward; you're only at 95% of max. The lifts for the left and right throttles need to be held up. Bind those keypresses to s free toggle on your throttle.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Ryzen9 5800X3D, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Elite, 32Gb Gskill Trident DDR4 3600 CL16, Samsung 990 Pr0 1Tb Nvme Gen4, Evo860 1Tb 2.5 SSD and Team 1Tb 2.5 SSD, MSI Suprim X RTX4090 , Corsair h115i Platinum AIO, NZXT H710i case, Seasonic Focus 850W psu, Gigabyte Aorus AD27QHD Gsync 1ms IPS 2k monitor 144Mhz, Track ir4, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate w/extension, Virpil T50 CM3 Throttle, Saitek terrible pedals, RiftS

It's not bugged.

Throttle lifts need to be engaged. Engage throttle lifts, go full forward on throttle to push through ab detent. You're not at full burner with the throttle all the way forward; you're only at 95% of max. The lifts for the left and right throttles need to be held up. Bind those keypresses to s free toggle on your throttle.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

If you're super heavy, yeah. If you're flying a clean jet, you should still get off the deck without AB.

I've had the same thing happen twice, no stick control after the plane leaves the deck and the FCS doesn't even try to pitch up as it should. The plane just dives into the water. That happened only two times out of about 50 launches so far and I've got no clue as to what caused it.

And it wasn't because I'd forgotten to unfold the wings :P I know because I've done that too, and in that case the plane just keeps pitching up

Edited by 92nd-MajorBug
92nd Kodiak Air Force - May the Greuh be with you

I still haven't figured it out. It is 100% repro for me when making a mission on the Caucasus map. Super simple mission from scratch, literally just the carrier and a jet, no weather, jet has no stores, super light-weight. It won't launch without using the finger lifts and forcing burn and even then I end up in the water. I can go make the same exact mission on the PG map and everything works fine. I am at a loss on this one so far. Short of trying a full uninstall reinstall IDK what to do.

Since we're supposed to keep our hand off the stick, for the launch, I put my right two fingers on the "9" and "0" keys, to ensure the AB kicks in at throttle up. So far I have not had my bug pitch into the drink.

But if you're a light bird, and getting 170 at launch and then slowing down and going into the drink, that ain't good. I haven't come across that.

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Check this out...I've been slowly setting up my devices and as I've been going thru the training missions, I always put the axis mini graph ( R-CTL ENT) up as I start off to check if my stick, throttle and pedals are centered or zeroed as they should be before I take off. EVERY single time I start, the pedals show that the toe brakes are locked in the full depressed position and I must first hit "W" to release them. Once I do, the graph curves fall back down to the bottom of the graph, which I take to mean that they are now fully off. So, I have inverted the axes for both brakes and now they start off in the full off position. Someone mentioned to check to see if your brakes are inverted, this may fix your problem. If you want a picture, let me know

Edited by Alphamale

This is the chart directly from the NATOPS manual about T/O trim for a carrier launch for nose trim.

fc2bd3ddb6.png

You can see your aircraft's total weight in the jet itself on the checklist page on one of the DDIs.

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

[uNABLE TO REPRODUCE][MERGED] Catapult Failed Launches

Situation:

Attaching a a light jet to a catapult, then rearming a heavy loadout results in a slow launch.

Was expecting: When rearming while attached to cat, the launch should be of sufficient IAS to fly.

Track of attaching light jet to cat, then rearming: https://www.dropbox.com/s/q8ncmo66k4u73nq/Takeoff%20Cat%20Bug%201.trk?dl=0

Track of attaching already heavy jet to cat: https://www.dropbox.com/s/a27870c6lla52rp/Takeoff%20Cat%20Bug%202.trk?dl=0

Even In Real Life, Catapult is set based on Weight when the Aircraft connects,

They never re-arm while connected to the shuttle.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

While I agree this seems more of a feature than a bug, we have been trying to narrow down the reason for occasional catapult "malfunctions". About half of our group of 6-8 people were catapulted into the water at 110 - 130 knots last night during a group mission. There's seems to be a bug somewhere in here, we just can't seem to pinpoint it's origin. People in our group are getting superstitious (for lack of better reasoning) about using afterburners during launch thinking that is the cause. I doubt it myself, but it would be nice to track this thing down.

While I agree this seems more of a feature than a bug, we have been trying to narrow down the reason for occasional catapult "malfunctions". About half of our group of 6-8 people were catapulted into the water at 110 - 130 knots last night during a group mission. There's seems to be a bug somewhere in here, we just can't seem to pinpoint it's origin. People in our group are getting superstitious (for lack of better reasoning) about using afterburners during launch thinking that is the cause. I doubt it myself, but it would be nice to track this thing down.

How about a track? Somebody in this 6-8 man group should have saved this right?

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

How about a track? Somebody in this 6-8 man group should have saved this right?

Good call. I can't upload it here, it's 145mb, what's the best way to share it? Here's google drive link.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1SOaCU11UiYQ_acb3t_M_hWy6utqt5d57

First launch 33 minutes into mission. 05:03 mission time

Edited by ScopeDope