Button extension for HOTAS

Assuming the monstertech-version is for monstertech deskmounts only I'm not sure I'm seeing a way to mount the HOTAS-version with the Virpil deskmount and still retail the "straight ahead" setup of the b-explorer like in the picture above and still clear the desk ... unless raising the throttle quite high like to the absolute top screw holes on the mount.

Even the canted 45 and 90-degree options looks a bit hard to pull off.

Am I just lacking imagination and I'm actually supposed to look at the monstertech version instead? :)

The button box itself looks frickin' amazing and I'd love to have one!

it looks like a space sim thing

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Assuming the monstertech-version is for monstertech deskmounts only I'm not sure I'm seeing a way to mount the HOTAS-version with the Virpil deskmount and still retail the "straight ahead" setup of the b-explorer like in the picture above and still clear the desk ... unless raising the throttle quite high like to the absolute top screw holes on the mount.

Even the canted 45 and 90-degree options looks a bit hard to pull off.

Am I just lacking imagination and I'm actually supposed to look at the monstertech version instead? :)

The button box itself looks frickin' amazing and I'd love to have one!

Hi TheBamse,

here you can see a Monstertech mount (

). It is actually also compatible with the Virpil desk mounts, I will post some pictures soon.

it looks like a space sim thing

Not really, it was intended to be versatile. I know that is not the best option, but with my limited resources, I had to develop a device that satisfied the basic needs for space sims, wwii sims and modern flight sims.

If you thought that because the current labels, don't worry, I will high probably do a neutral version to customize it with the included stickers (including stickers for all possible uses: space sims, wwii sims and modern flight sims).

Regards,

Jinx.

Giving this some serious thought. jinx_nk do you have the dimensions for the panel and buttons etc so that I can make a cut-out in some form of plastic or hard cardboard?

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

DO the "1x Set of sticker with multiple functions" come with the order?

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

DO the "1x Set of sticker with multiple functions" come with the order?

Hi sobe,

just with the pre-orders. You can find a detailed table in the product's page: https://www.black-hog.com/product/b-explorer/

In the HOTAS mount version are already the Super early bird and Early bird bonus sold out. There is just the pre-order bonus available, they include all the set of stickers.

Regards,

Jinx.

I like it, but I'd like it even more if it had a gear lever!

Techlabs Chameleon Watercooled Gaming PC - Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz : Samsung 950 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 500 gig SSD, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Drive : MSI GeForce GTX 1080 "Founders Edition" 8192MB : 800W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply : 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz : Occulus Rift S : TM Warthog : MFG Crosswind V2 : Win 10 64. PointCTRL.

I like it, but I'd like it even more if it had a gear lever!

Hi Ratcatcher,

thank you for your suggestion, I appreciate that. I have unfortunately not yet the resources for such mechanical development. Let the project grow, if it has success, could be an option in the future to develop an extra module.

I'm glad you like it. Thank you for your support Ratcatcher.

Regards!

Jinx

Ordered. Looking forward to receiving it.

Hi Ratcatcher,

thank you for your suggestion, I appreciate that. I have unfortunately not yet the resources for such mechanical development. Let the project grow, if it has success, could be an option in the future to develop an extra module.

I'm glad you like it. Thank you for your support Ratcatcher.

Regards!

Jinx

Well I wish you the best of luck with this one and hope it allows your buisness to grow with either a revised version or possibly an add on that could clip onto either the side or the top?

I currently use the hog throttle and have a DSD button box pretty much in the same posistion (however its stuck there with some wood and foam packaging) so isn't the most elegant of solutions :music_whistling:. However it does the job, what I have missed most is the fact that nearly everything I want is there to clean up the aircraft or prep for landing (flaps, throttles, etc) apart from the landing gear handle.

As I fly in VR I would really like to have that additional physical lever which is easy to locate from "muscle memory", but can be easily accessed and won't conflict with existing controls.

I really like the platform itself and your design to incorporate it into the throttles base.

Long story short, its not quite enough of an improvment on the current box to justify me ordering one, but as I said at the start (of this rather long post...apologies) I wish you all the best with it and hope it leads to further options or projects from you! :thumbup:

Techlabs Chameleon Watercooled Gaming PC - Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz : Samsung 950 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 500 gig SSD, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Drive : MSI GeForce GTX 1080 "Founders Edition" 8192MB : 800W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply : 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz : Occulus Rift S : TM Warthog : MFG Crosswind V2 : Win 10 64. PointCTRL.

i really like your design, cool stuff,

if u do one with gear lever and rotarys instead of those sliders(i dont know for what to use in dcs) in the future, i will definately buy one!

ahh, i will support you, i buy this one as well,

order is placed

Ordered. Looking forward to receiving it.

Wow, thank you sobe for your support! Thank you very much!

Well I wish you the best of luck with this one and hope it allows your buisness to grow with either a revised version or possibly an add on that could clip onto either the side or the top?

I currently use the hog throttle and have a DSD button box pretty much in the same posistion (however its stuck there with some wood and foam packaging) so isn't the most elegant of solutions :music_whistling:. However it does the job, what I have missed most is the fact that nearly everything I want is there to clean up the aircraft or prep for landing (flaps, throttles, etc) apart from the landing gear handle.

As I fly in VR I would really like to have that additional physical lever which is easy to locate from "muscle memory", but can be easily accessed and won't conflict with existing controls.

I really like the platform itself and your design to incorporate it into the throttles base.

Long story short, its not quite enough of an improvment on the current box to justify me ordering one, but as I said at the start (of this rather long post...apologies) I wish you all the best with it and hope it leads to further options or projects from you! :thumbup:

Hi Ratcatcher, that was very constructive, I thank you again!

I know the current design could be more optimized for VR, but it is just the beginning, I had to satisfy the needs of different simulators. I have many ideas for the future, included a VR version, why not?

i really like your design, cool stuff,

if u do one with gear lever and rotarys instead of those sliders(i dont know for what to use in dcs) in the future, i will definately buy one!

ahh, i will support you, i buy this one as well,

order is placed

Nice! Thank you FoxDelta for your support and your trust. :thumbup:

I know, the controller could be optimized for DCS, but my development resources were really limited this time. I want to continue with a modular system, so you will be able to upgrade you panel with other models to complement the current design.

Thank you all guys, regards!

Jinx

• 2 months later...
Hi TheBamse,

here you can see a Monstertech mount (

). It is actually also compatible with the Virpil desk mounts, I will post some pictures soon.

Sorry for being slow, a tough couple of weeks at work have taken it's toll :)

But oook ok ok, I thought you were supposed to replace the Virpil TM WH Throttle base plate that I currently have mounted to the Virpil desk mount with the BlackHog HOTAS mount base plate and the mount the button box arm on that plate, but what I really want is the monstertech mounts is what you are saying.

Gotcha and thanks, pre-ordering before the weekend is over :)

Preordered mine as well. I think with joystick gremlin, you can convert one of the sliders to function as a gear lever (axis to buttons). Yep this is going to be good.

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

Preordered mine as well. I think with joystick gremlin, you can convert one of the sliders to function as a gear lever (axis to buttons). Yep this is going to be good.

Nice! :thumbup: I have already seen your order.

Thank you very much for your support Supmua!

• 3 weeks later...

"I think with joystick gremlin, you can convert one of the sliders to function as a gear lever (axis to buttons)."

The problem for some of us is that joystick gremlin requires VJoy and VJoy no longer works with Win10 and the developer is no longer supporting VJoy.