Bye bye Cougar Stick

Hi guys, I proudly own a HOTAS Cougar since I used it for Falcon 4 AF, some 15 years ago :music_whistling: .

Unfortunately now my Cougar stick is suffering the well-known problem of game around both x and y axis. I tried to fix it in the years with some home made strengthening solutions but I think it's time for me to replace my stick.

I have made a lot of researches and thought a lot about what to do. I found a certified used Warthog for 240€ but reading here and in other forum I think it is not the best way to go. I was thinking about taking a T.16000 FCS (50€) as a stick and using my cougar as throttle and for additional buttons on the original stick thinking of purchasing a gladitor pro with MCG grip when it will become available in Europe.

My only concern is about costs, though I am no longer a hard core simmer because I do not have so much time to dedicate to it :cry:.

In your opinion, for a person that used to be an enthusiast simmer that uses most jet planes (now A10C tomorrow maybe Hornet) but now slowed-down is the Warthog for 240€ the best choice or is the T16000 keep using the cougar for hats and buttons and then maybe take a too expensive gladiator pro with MCG?

I was also thinking of taking a gladiator pro with KG12 grip and then putting MCG grip on it but for 300€ I think is too expensive for me.

Another solution could be a gladiator adapter but I do not know if accepts my cougar stick.

Thank you in advance for your answers!!

Debolestis 3D printed gimbal and GVL224 "MagREZ" contacless sensor in X and Y axes (~$10 each).

Alternatives:

VKB Gladiator PRO or Gunfighter base accept Cougar grip with VKB adapter.

VPC T50 base (deskmount) and probable the WarBRD (desktop) accept Cougar grip "PnP" as well BRD bases.

Edited by Sokol1_br

Debolestis 3D printed gimbal and GVL224 "MagREZ" contacless sensor in X and Y axes (~$10 each).

Alternatives:

VKB Gladiator PRO or Gunfighter base accept Cougar grip with VKB adapter.

VPC T50 base (deskmount) and probable the WarBRD (desktop) accept Cougar grip "PnP" as well BRD bases.

Adding to this... the MagREZ sensors can be used as direct replacements for the pots on the Cougar mainboard... the one in pic is debolestis's and uses his own board because he didn't have the stock one.