Syrian and Afghan theatre of operations confirmed!

WHOGX5

• ED Team
So we should use our imagination to put together imaginary conflicts over the Suez, but it’s too big a stretch to imagine a conflict in an area where the likely opponents are already facing off on the ground, and that has a good selection of antagonistic proxies for the super powers spread across it ?

Strange..

Exactly, give me a map of British Columbia, Canada, and I will have Russian tanks pouring down from the North :D

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

istant buy!!!

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

So we should use our imagination to put together imaginary conflicts over the Suez, but it’s too big a stretch to imagine a conflict in an area where the likely opponents are already facing off on the ground, and that has a good selection of antagonistic proxies for the super powers spread across it ?

Strange..

I should have been more specific. I agree that i prefer their map boundary suggestion than the previous.

Those UGRA media videos were centered on Bagram, does that mean that Afghanistan map will be centered there? Can we count for 610*440km centered around Kabul?

those videos are not from ugra media, are from Avia simulators but I dont know who has created those theater from them, there are several videso on their homepage with Baku - Azerbaijan, and Etiopia.

I think ED/Ugramedia/Bellsimetek etc etc are much more involved in "real" military and "simulatore" than we think.

What we have now in DCS World it's just the tip of the iceber, persian gulf, syria theather, afghan , iraq etc is somethinh in my opinion that already exist, when certain political/militarty decisions are make then we can benefit from all this huge military project :)

Edited by Goa

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

those videos are not from ugra media, are from Avia simulators but I dont know who has created those theater from them, there are several videso on their homepage with Baku - Azerbaijan, and Etiopia.

I think ED/Ugramedia/Bellsimetek etc etc are much more involved in "real" military and "simulatore" than we think.

What we have now in DCS World it's just the tip of the iceber, persian gulf, syria theather, afghan , iraq etc is somethinh in my opinion that already exist, when certain political/militarty decisions are make then we can benefit from all this huge military project :)

DCS is just a coverup?

That's not so crazy as it sounds.

Always happy landings ;)

A "coverup" for The Battle Simulator.

not a coverup, yes I was talking about the battle simulator, but well DCS is the commercial "part" of the The Battle Simulator , as stated on their homepgage.

What I think is quite simple : first they develop for the military, when it becomes old they give it to us .

What I think is quite simple : first they develop for the military, when it becomes old they give it to us .

Usally not the case. Most of their stuff is either directly developed for us or in parallel at least.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Just cause I'm bored, the Afghanistan area centered on Kabul and more or less of the 440*630km. Lots of interesting places inside.

uNh1nZ6.jpg

- NW corner, Termez airfield, key for Soviet invasion, logisitcal support and then retreat for 1979/1988 war.

- Cities of Qunduz, Mazar-e Sharif, Kabul and Jalalabad (including the Kabul-Jalalabad road, infamous for continuous Mujahideen attacks on soviet convoys).

- Operation Anaconda area, for the NATO ladies and gentlemen.

- Panshjir valley, place of several Soviet offensives during the invasion.

- Chagha Sarai pass, where the western miitary aid flow during the soviet invasion.

- Kohat air base inside Pakistan, so you can base there the Shenyang J-6 (MiG-19) or the JF-17.

- The Pakistani areas with taliban presence ( a cool place for play with the incoming JF-17).

It could be a great playground for both sides, RED and BLUE. Cities, deep valleys, flat deserts, snow covered peaks, green areas allong the rivers...

Image2.thumb.jpg.388499ccbf96e865b474e8b76304a1ad.jpg

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

I would make it big enough so it can also include Kandahar Air Base.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

I would make it big enough so it can also include Kandahar Air Base.

If Kandahar isn’t included I won’t purchase the map. Kandahar Has been one of the main places we’ve deployed to with A-10s and they’re there now.

Edited by Snoopy

Strange..

Exactly, give me a map of British Columbia, Canada, and I will have Russian tanks pouring down from the North :D

Of course we and imagine all kinds of things. We've been doing that for years with the Caucasus map.

But that works in both ways. On Syria-centric map, everything will always be in one category or the other, imaginary; either the conflict, or the location or both.

On a an Arab-Israeli-centric map, there are decades of conflicts ranging from the Golan Heights to the Suez Canal, and everywhere in between, and all would be there on the map in their original clothes.

Beyond that you can always imagine central Syria, or southern Turkey. or wherever you like; that's up to you.

One thing is certain, one map offers far more to realism than the other, and my vote goes to the former.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Just cause I'm bored, the Afghanistan area centered on Kabul and more or less of the 440*630km. Lots of interesting places inside.

Panshjir legendary comrade. Please gief.

It could be a great playground for both sides, RED and BLUE. Cities, deep valleys, flat deserts, snow covered peaks, green areas allong the rivers...

This... it has almost everything.

SA-342 Ka-50 Mi-8 AJS-37 F-18 M2000C AV-8B-N/A Mig-15bis CA --- How to learn DCS

Usally not the case. Most of their stuff is either directly developed for us or in parallel at least.

not entirely true, if you look at videos posted a few pages back showing edge engine from avia simulators, afghan theater already exists along with other stuff, this is 3 year old video, take a look here

not entirely true, if you look at videos posted a few pages back showing edge engine from avia simulators, afghan theater already exists along with other stuff, this is 3 year old video, take a look here

That's why I said usally and most ;)

Tornado3 small.jpg

Basically, this map will be only air-to-ground, not for me.

why you say so?'

it will the most amazing map ever created in DCS imho, my future hope is for a north-adriatic +ex yugoslavia theater, so I can take off from Aviano :megalol:

And real air wars like Korea and Vietman will be available for playing when I'm 112 years old.

maybe you've missed it but URGRAMEDIA is working on israel-lebanon-syrian confllict MAP......just read a few pages back, it will include 20 airfields across these countries, incuding turkey, syria, lebano, jordania, israel etc etc...

this will be AWESOME!!!

And personally I will never buy vietnam or korea war ERA....I prefer cold war era or post cold-war era.

;)