AV-8B N/A Pre-Sale is up on store

Kayos

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ED Team
So a question, Why is there no official announcement about the price change?

from the last announce, the price will be 59.99$ ( https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/news/2017-10-27_AV-8B_prepurchese/ )

but the e-shop say now that it will be at 69.99$ ( https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/modules/av8bna/ )

it will be $69.99 after release the newsletter was incorrect

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

it will be $69.99 after release the newsletter was incorrect

Yep, i believe we get a carrier extra. :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

I'm ok with buying early access knowing it wont me perfectly polished, it's still going to be cRazy fun in VR! If your not ok with the wait for things to get done, mature and polished, then perhaps wait till later on. Razbam has built these for other sims, I know they want to get (all) their combat birds polished, the best they can for DCS.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

I've paid aboot $3000 for a computer every 2 years last 10-15 years.

They are pretty far apart in performance, really.

The IBM PC 5150 cost $3000 in 1981, can you show me your impressive math skills what you gladly would pay for that today?

If someone want's to fly a Harrier, then they need to get the Harrier.

If someone is unwilling to pay for it, then they can't get the Harrier, unless someone gifts it to them.

DCS is about flying a specific aircraft as interest for it. Not to go out and collect them all as stickers from soda bottle to compete with someone who collects more.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Till it's out. I think you can get it before 24 november 2017. After that 69.99 dollars.

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

After viewing Jabbers video... Pre-ordered! Well done RAZBAM :thumbup:

Can't wait for this beast and the mirage FM bug fix. :pilotfly:

Current specs: Windows 10 64bit, i7-7700K @ 4.8 Ghz, 32 GB RAM, 1 To SSD, RTX2070-Super, TrackIR 5, TM Warthog, TM T.Flight Rudder Pedals

If someone want's to fly a Harrier, then they need to get the Harrier.

If someone is unwilling to pay for it, then they can't get the Harrier, unless someone gifts it to them.

DCS is about flying a specific aircraft as interest for it. Not to go out and collect them all as stickers from soda bottle to compete with someone who collects more.

You can do both, though...

I actually have all modules (planes and helicopters) and intend to buy all. As they tend to be cheaper on early access plus I have access to the module as early as possible it is just a fair deal.

But I am willing to pay the price, as each and every module is of a fidelity I've never seen in anything like your-average-PC-game which costs the same.

A product is either worth it, or not. How the worth is defined is a very personal thing.

That prices change isn't exactly a new thing either. Go to any store and see how prices change sometimes, without any apparant reason. It is called economy.

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Why can't we do both?? i like to collect the modules, i have some that i have only used once or twice over the years.. but I'm not competing with anyone, i just enjoy having them when i want them.

Now to get back on topic, i have seen a couple video here and there, but i haven't been following all of the harrier news over the last few months leading to what should be EA release in "2 more week". Does anyone know of anyone on youtube that has a channel with some good videos or if there is a thread with a collection? i have seen a few of the RAZBAM testing videos from a while back... i just wasn't sure if RAZBAM had provided any testers access and allowed them to share some content, as i have seen that before.. anyways.. TIA

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5 8600K OC @ 5.0GHz w/ Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler| MSI GTX 1080 OC Edition | 32GB DDR4 3600 | EVO 960 NVMe SSD | WD Black NVMe SSD

Win10 X64 | TrackIR 5 | HTC Vive | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and Cougar MFDs | Saitek Combat Pedals

Guys, seriously? 70€ ?

That's too high. Too expensive. I think you need to set the price down to 60€ max.

That's really disapointing.

I've paid all the module except the C-101B. It represent pretty much 570€, without campaigns. And the price go higher and higher ?

I know it's a lot of work, and very hard work, I respect this and take it into consideration. But... Just keep it real... Just keep it real. 70€... (And guess what ? The product will stay in a ''Beta'' version for at least 9 months ! ).

I'll not buy any DCS modules that are more than 59 € MAX. Over than that, I consider that it's stealing, or at least neglecting, our verry little and fragile community. This is not honest.

I react like this because, it was 49 and 59€ yesterday, 69€ today... And tomorrow ? It scares me to be honest. The future of DCS with 100€ each modules will be without me.

Lower the price a little bit please ED and Razbam, please, you're going on the wrong way in my opinion.

That being said, if the devs show us their investment/benefits ratio for an aircraft, and if this ratio shows that it's very hard for them to make the ends meet at the end of the month, I'll be ready to accept those prices.

With no disrespect, and no offense.

Cheers from France.

• Like 1

Guys, seriously? 70€ ?

That's too high. Too expensive. I think you need to set the price down to 60€ max.

I've paid all the module except the C-101B. It represent pretty much 570€, without campaigns. And the price go higher and higher ?

I know it's a lot of work, and very hard work, I respect this and take it into consideration. But... Just keep it real... Just keep it real. 70€... (And guess what ? The product will stay in a ''Beta'' version for at least 9 months ! ).

I'll not buy any DCS modules that are more than 59 € MAX. Over than that, I consider that it's stealing, or at least neglecting, our verry little and fragile community. This is not honest.

I react like this because, it was 49 and 59€ yesterday, 69€ today... And tomorrow ? It scares me to be honest. The future of DCS with 100€ each modules will be without me.

Lower the price a little bit please ED and Razbam, please, you're going on the wrong way in my opinion.

That being said, if the devs show us their investment/benefits ratio for an aircraft, and if this ratio shows that it's very hard for them to make the ends meet at the end of the month, I'll be ready to accept those prices.

With no disrespect, and no offense.

Cheers from France.

The problem is that the price is not limited to the plane itself. The main reason it costs more is that it will include the LHA (Not to mention the air-refueling capable Hercules as well - although that will be released to everyone). I would guess that RAZBAM plan on selling the LHA on its own (or maybe with a naval asset pack) for £10, hence the same increase to the price of the harrier. But it will not include a full campaign, which I imagine will also cost around £10 when it is released separately, so the problem becomes even more awkward. I really do hope this is not a trend for the next generation of modules, particularly as Heatblur and ED also plan on adding their own big naval units to DCS.

• Like 1

Preordered, cannot wait for this aircraft :D

Not sure what liveries are coming at launch, but I'll be making a RAF one as soon as I can :p

(yeah I know its not a GR)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Member of AEF | 161 SQN

3D Modeler, Texture Artist, Designer, Flight Simmer:joystick:

Check out my liveries :http://www.jrolfedesign.com/texture.html

PC Specs:i7 3770k @ 4.3Ghz, EVGA GTX1080ti Black Edition, 16GB Adata XPG 2133Mhz, 1x 128GB SSD [OS and work programs], 1x 240GB SSD [DCS World install], 1x 2TB HDD [Data and games], 1x 500GB HDD [Video recording], VKB Gladiator Joystick

Guys, seriously? 70€ ?

Once you have flown it you will realise that it is worth every penny!

There is honestly nothing disappointing about it, looks incredible and it flys fantastically, any serious mud mover fans in DCS are going to be spending a huge amount of time in this jet.

You will not be disappointed with it!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad