L-39 Rear Seat

Dylan CHAOS

Make sure in your mission special options for the aircraft that "solo flight" is unchecked.

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

Been having issues with switching between the front and back seat in multiplayer' date=' I have the controls bound to default 1 and 2. I try it and doesn't work, can anyone help? Is that feature not working yet?[/quote']

I thought switching seats in multiplayer wasn't going to be support - initially. At least that is what I remember being said.

I'm not referring to multi-crew...

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

Once the rear seat MP feature has been implemented, I'll have only one question:where can I sign up for a squadron that will do training of recruits in the Albatros...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core I7 4820K @4.3 GHz, Asus P9X79 motherboard, 16 GB RAM @ 933 MHz, NVidia GTX 1070 with 8 GB VRAM, Windows 10 Pro

do you need to own the module in order to sit in the back?
I tried without owning the module and it gave me a CTD. It may have also crashed the server. I think that is a bug related to selecting any unowned module in 1.5 multiplayer, not just the L-39.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Does anyone know once the ZA is released if the rear seat will be more of a RIO/WSO type position to control ordnance or just an additional crew compartment?

Skylake 6600K(4.5GHz) | EVGA GTX970 FTW | 16GB 2666 DDR4 Corsair Vengeance | MSI Z170A Krait | Windows 10 (64bit) | X52 Pro | TrackIR 5

Hawk T.1A | F-15C | F-86F | UH-1H | A-10C | P-51D | F-5E | M-2000C

USAF Pilot w/ T-6/T-38 Time

Right now it is only a "ride along" function. Full control will come later.

Nice try Wags. But we discovered, the following functions are working already for the rear seat ... :smartass:

+ switching between taxi and landing lights (rear seat can switch // switch animation and light animation/ effekt visible for the pilot)

+ setting the radar altimeter altitude (same as above)

+ fold down the IFR mask for the pilot (he only see his instruments) // nice feature

Amazing work on the L-39 so far, thanks a lot ED!

best regards,

Fire

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Current Issues found by our Squad.

-Engine startup not sync with rear passanger (have to leave slot and reenter when its already on)

-Landing Gear desync problem

After takeoff Pilot Gear up as normal, rear doesnt go up.

If rear press "G" his landing gear go up and pilot goes down.

-No airbrake showing for rear

-No Emergency Ram Turbine showing for rear.

Other than that issues its a great "Ride Along".

Things Woking

--Some failures from rear does work. (HSI) (artifical horizon)

--Flaps work

--Bombs, Missiles, Rockets all visible from rear, and great fun spotting targets!

A.K.A. Timon -117th- in game

The Rift CV can't get here soon enough. It's going to be great just going for a sightseeing ride in the back even if it turns out not to be ideal for flying.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Nice try Wags. But we discovered, the following functions are working already for the rear seat ... :smartass:

+ switching between taxi and landing lights (rear seat can switch // switch animation and light animation/ effekt visible for the pilot)

+ setting the radar altimeter altitude (same as above)

+ fold down the IFR mask for the pilot (he only see his instruments) // nice feature

Amazing work on the L-39 so far, thanks a lot ED!

best regards,

Fire

Think he means "taking flight control".

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

The Rift CV can't get here soon enough. It's going to be great just going for a sightseeing ride in the back even if it turns out not to be ideal for flying.

I just tried this with the DK2. It was cool. I watched from the back seat as two L-39's took off together, flew in close formation for a while, then finally collided. The biggest problem I ran into was network lag. When things were smooth it was fine, but there were periods of lagginess that got very uncomfortable with the plane bumping, jerking, flipping, and warping all over the place. Thankfully the server allowed external views so I switched to F2 when that happened. You don't want to be sitting in someone else's plane in VR when lag hits.

We discovered that when the pilot does rapid aileron rolls there seems to be some artifacting on the screen for the guy in the back. Big white triangular artifacts.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Twitch:

My Specs:

i7 8700K, 32gig Corsair DDR4 3000Mhz, 2080ti, Obutto R3volution, VKB Gunfighter Mk.III MCG Pro EN, Warthog Throttle, Saitek Combat Pedals, Oculus Rift S

MMSOBGYTAST!

• 2 months later...

There should be two options, a request and an offer option. And instead of having to acknowledge the request/offer with a mouse clock, it should be a key action as well.

Apart from that an instructor should be able to override a student without complicated request/offer key combos.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Is it not possible to switch the seats in the L-39 just like in single player?

I may be asking the same question. Is there a way of creating a single player/offline mission that allows you to jump back and forth between front and rear seat?

Are there keyboard commands that do the switch (I couldn't find any)?

What I'm after is the ability to fly from the front, but somehow enable the IFR hood so I can practise IFR approaches.

Adam.

In single player you can jump between the front and rear seats with the 1 and 2 button on the keyboard.

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

In single player you can jump between the front and rear seats with the 1 and 2 button on the keyboard.

Ouch! As simple as that? LOL! I looked so hard as well ... honest!!!

"Occupy Set 1" and "Occupy Seat 2". I kept looking for front/rear/cockpit/instructor ... you name it!

Many thanks :-)

Adam.