Fuel Consumption and Aircraft Range

kingfish

I cannot find anything in the manual or the forums (or any other resource, for that matter) regarding the range of the Mig-21. What I want to know is if I am going to fly some distance at a certain altitude and speed, how much gas do I need? Or even just a fuel burn rate table for various altitudes/throttle settings so I can calculate. Does this information exist anywhere?

I mostly fly the F-18, and mostly as a flight sim rather than a combat sim.

Gigabyte Aorus Pro Wifi, Ryzen 5 3600, GTX 1080, 16gb DDR4 3600, Valve Index

TM Stick/Throttle, Saitek Pedals, VAICOM

Pages 15 and 84 of the manual give some general hints about consumption. The real "MiG-21 Bis Pilot's Flight Operating Instruction" (numerous links to be found in this section of the forum) has a few detailed tables on the subject, from page 9 onwards, but I don't know how well "our" MiG matches figures given there.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Pages 15 and 84 of the manual give some general hints about consumption. The real "MiG-21 Bis Pilot's Flight Operating Instruction" (numerous links to be found in this section of the forum) has a few detailed tables on the subject, from page 9 onwards, but I don't know how well "our" MiG matches figures given there.

Thanks for this, I found a copy online and it has some very useful tables. Certainly accurate enough for my purposes.

later I'll link to it in the document on pages 12-15 is the answer to a theme that interests you. True it is in Russian, but the translator can help

(first row in the tables for the maximum range of the second length of the flight)

Thanks, sounds useful.

I mostly fly the F-18, and mostly as a flight sim rather than a combat sim.

Gigabyte Aorus Pro Wifi, Ryzen 5 3600, GTX 1080, 16gb DDR4 3600, Valve Index

TM Stick/Throttle, Saitek Pedals, VAICOM

You may find this threads useful:

About external tanks:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=140754&page=2

About altitut and fuel:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=138723

About cruising speed (with charts):

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=132673

Altitut, fuel and distance:

I choose altitude for cruising depending the distance I m going to travel:

*Under 100 km I keep my altitude. If your at sea level you can burn between 300L / 100 km at 550 km/h IAS up to 1200L / 100 km at 1300 km/h IAS. So I choose my speed accordingly to how much fuel i got left and want to use.

*If I have to travel a distance over 200 Km I will always climb (from 9000 m to 13000 m), if it´s save. You will use up to 800L (and travel 70 km) in a climb from sea level using full AFT and about 450 L / 100 km cruising at 2100 km/h TAS at 12000 m (that´s very fast and not so much fuel).

If I have to travel between 100 km and 200 km I evaluate the situation.

If Im very low in fuel I always keep my altitude and calculate 330 L for every 100 km (Cruising at sea level at 550 to 650 km/h IAS) plus 300 L for landing.

Cruising slowly (650 km/h) without the AFT at high altitude (10,000 m) the mig wil use 200 L / 100 km.

Edited by JorgeIII

AKA TANGO-117. DCS Modules: ALL. I7 6700k @ 4.9 GHz / 32 GB DDR4 @ 3.2 GHz / 950 Pro m.2 + 4xSSDs / Gigabyte 1080TI 11 GB OC / 48" 4K Curved Samsung TV / TM Warthog Hotas / TM TPR rudder pedals / Track IR. Private pilot and sailplane pilot in RL.

https://yadi.sk/i/nxQ-g8IRirTwq

This document is 1-st volume is the technical description of the aircraft, is called "Flight specifications"

in the tables on pages 12-15 in the 2nd column of the IAS 3 -true speed

4th column kilometer fuel consumption, 5th column hour fuel consumption, the 6th column of the range of horizontal flight, the 7th practical flight range, the 8th duration of horizontal length of the flight, the 9th practical duration of the flight.

sorry it is google translator)))

Edited by mongol-29

Mongol-29 [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]