TrackIR/FTNoIR/FreeTrack z-aixs Zoom and Lean Forward/Backward

My slider still works reasonably well. Sure it's a bit shaky sometimes but it usually stops when i move it a little forward and find a stable spot. But the scroll wheel is pretty unreliable for me. I use it as boat switch and AP mode selector and have to turn it a couple of times until it registers.

And the rotaries are completely broken. Have to have most of the range as deadzones and just set them up as bands to simulate button presses.

Yeah, i have to upgrade soon :joystick:

Here's a good way to fix that using the in-game settings: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1241264&postcount=7

I'm pleased that since I moved to a TM Warthog I've got a nice steady zoom slider without needing to resort to this.

And of course I'm using TrackIR for leaning not zooming. As an aside, I think a lot of complaints about small HUD font size would go away if more people leaned backwhen they zoom in.

I use Mic Switch on HOTAS for zooming purposes when it comes to A-10C to gun better.

Mic Forward: Zoom In

Mic Aft: Zoom Out

Same here.

I'm surprised how unpopular this method is. I personally find it a lot more convenient to be able to zoom without moving my hand from the throttle.

Leaning with TrackIR

After a lot of different solutions finally I found a really nice working solution for both leaning and zooming both with tracker (TrackIR or FTNoIR) z-axis.

DCS World give your really nice feature which I didn't try before which is modifier with switch/latch option. What i did is

Create a modifier with switch option. I used Scroll Lock as switch/Latch modifier as it is not used

attachment.php?attachmentid=109277&stc=1&d=1418357904

If you like lean by default then use z-axis for lean without modifier

attachment.php?attachmentid=109278&stc=1&d=1418357904

Then create zoom z-axis with modifier that you have created above

What is the plus point now you just toggle scroll lock button which will switch your z-axis to either zoom or lean.

Note: This technique don't interfere with your other controls that you set on HOTAS. I tested it with Huey

I updated the first post for new comers.

Win10, Intel 3rd Gen. Core i7 3.8Ghz, 20GB ram, Nvidia Geforce 1060 6GB Opentrack (Download it from HERE), PS3 Eye, Saitek x52-pro Joystick,

DIY Rudder Pedals,

Google Cardboard with DCS World

English is not my native language

• 3 months later...

Thx a lot sniperwolf! Thats exactly what i was searching for:thumbup:

Best regards

Terrorvogel

ASROCK X79 Extreme11 (WC), i7-4930K (WC), 32GB G.Skill TridentX, Vertex 3 120GB, GTX 980ti, 3x 39,5" Philips 4K, TrackIR 5, TM Warthog with PeterP´s FFB2 Mod, 2xSaitek Throttle, 2x Thrustmaster Cougar MFD Bezel, Simped Vario Pedals modded with toe brakes, Opencockpit Cards, 4x Soundcard, 2x Buttkicker Gamer 2, 4x GTX 950 with tons of touchscreens...