Multi-crew for one huey implemented or not?

chanrobi

On the main webpage it says quote: "Multiple player positions, including pilot, co-pilot, and door gunner."

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/

And on the module site it says: "Multiplayer coop mode for crew members of the same helicopter under development for a later update."

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/products/huey/

So which is it? And why do they contradict each other?

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the main webpage it says quote: "Multiple player positions, including pilot, co-pilot, and door gunner."

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/

And on the module site it says: "Multiplayer coop mode for crew members of the same helicopter under development for a later update."

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/products/huey/

So which is it? And why do they contradict each other?

i'm presuming you did not purchase. If you have any interest in the helo i would suggest buying it. I have not learned a fraction of it, but like to just wing it and have some fun.

Those statements are true, you can be in the co pilot, gunner etc. They plan to add multiplayer coop to those seats. IE 2 coop players in the same helo.

Intel i9-9900K 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080tiftw3, Windows 10, 1tb 970 M2, TM Warthog, 4k 144hz HDR g-sync.

The multiple positions feature is currently implemented. You can freely switch between the different positions all you want in game.

Multiplayer cockpits, aka 2+ human players in the same aircraft, is not yet implemented.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

...Guess i'll wait

Multi-crew is on the way:

Another new aircraft coming to DCS World later in 2014 will be the venerable L-39 [...]

We also plan for this module to include multiplayer front seat / back seat capability. We believe that this feature will add a new dimension of gameplay for this aircraft and several others like the UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Hawk, and C-101.

Bye

Phant

AMVI

• 2 years later...

That's a huge bummer. Multicrew would be pretty cool. Maybe what's taking so long is that they are making it better than the Gazelle multicrew......but at least theirs is out already. I don't normally badger for updates, but I'm seeing this thread as started 2 years ago, seems like a reasonable amount of time to iron something like that out I should think. BST, why did you say this was gonna be a thing, then never do it? Man up and tell us if you aren't, we can take it. Be a whole lot better than stringing us along.......

~Rob

Notice that this text

Multiplayer coop mode for crew members of the same helicopter under development for a later update.

has been removed from the product page.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Notice that this text

has been removed from the product page.

That's a bit of a kick in the nuts... I was really looking forward to Huey multi crew.

My rig - I5 6600k @ 4.5 - Corsair H100i GTX - Maximus Hero viii - 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum ROG edition DDR4 3200mhz - Gigabyte 1080ti (Overclocked) - TM Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Rudder pedals - Oculus Rift CV1

Key Features of "DCS: UH-1H Huey" include:

• Unmatched flight physics providing the most realistic and dynamic conventional helicopter experience on the PC.
  • Multiple player positions, including pilot, co-pilot, and door gunner.
  • Accurate and highly detailed 3D cockpit featuring six-degrees-of-freedom technology.
  • Interactive cockpit controls that allow you to operate the systems using the mouse.
  • Realistic modelling of the UH-1H instruments, weapons, engine, radios, fuel, electrical, and hydraulic systems.
  • Highly detailed UH-1H external 3D model, liveries, and weapons.
  • Accurate and engaging audio environment based on actual UH-1H sound recordings.
  • Missions that include transport and combat support operations.
  • Training that includes interactive and video lessons.
  • Multiplayer coop mode for crew members of the same helicopter under development for a later update.
  • Developed in close cooperation with real UH-1H operators.

Still there. I can still hope. Wish the Mi-8 would get multicrew aswell.

Still there. I can still hope. Wish the Mi-8 would get multicrew aswell.

I missed that.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I'm not holding my breath either. Best just to enjoy what we have and have the expectation that we'll never see an update. Then if you do get an update you'll be pleasantly surprised, and if not, you weren't anticipating one anyway. Less heartbreak that way :smilewink:

Well, also not holding breath, but if you are gonna say it then......and hey, if PolyChop can get it done why can't the amazing BST folks?? I think that's my biggest grievance with this situation, if I am allowed to have one. The Huey is a much more complete module than Gazelle, but even those guys got multiplayer included.

Yeah me too. I am betting we never see this function. It seems things others have been able to do for years is still out of reach for ED and some of the devs sadly. Will try and kepp some hope alive this gets implemented at some point. I am sure work is being put into the function, probably.

Edited by Torso

Robert31178, you cannot compare multi crew in Huey with the Gazelle. BST made the Huey long before multi crew was implemented (or figured out) and I bet it is not easy to implement at this stage.

In my opinion, the multi crew system is still a proof of concept and will continue to be perfected as DCS develops. I have tried multi crew in both L-39 and the Gazelle. It is fun, but still has some issues with sync and glitches in multiplayer. Once it get more robust, perhaps with 2.5 and the

Mi-24P / F-14 modules I expect to see a lot more people flying multi crew.

• 3 weeks later...

I believe BST is far more active in the Russian language forum and they dont frequent the English one....would be interesting to know if any updates have been posted there, or responses to some of these questions?

Dead quiet. same for Mi8 man. Not sure multicrew will ever show up for these choppers.

That's very sad news if that doesn't happen. The potential to have four people in a single aircraft is huge. The 2nd and 3rd people don't even have to have full setups, could just use a suitable laptop, mouse, keyboard and Rift.

InWin S Frame with Asus Z170 | i7-6700K @ 4.5 Water Cooled CPU and Graphics | 16GB DDR4 | GTX1070 | 240GB M.2 SSD | Warthog Hotas | MFG Crosswind | 40" Samsung 4K | CV1 | Replica MB Mk10 Ejection Seat with Gametrix 908

• 3 months later...

Someone asked on the russion part of the forums and PilotMi8 (Belsimtek) answered this:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3177574#post3177574

In development. It`s more difficult to do then multicrew for L-39.

Deutsche DCS-Flughandbücher

SYSSpecs: i7-4790K @4GHz|GA-Z97X-SLI|16GB RAM|ASUS GTX1070|Win10 64bit|TrackIR5|TM Warthog/Saitek Pro Pedals