CCIP features missing

amalahama

Hi!

CCIP mechanics are wrong in RAZBAM AV-8B, specially off-limits

CCIP cross is not dashed, but solid when within FOV. Bomb fall line is dashed at all times.

Then, if the CCIP cross is out of HUD FOV, the dashed CCIP cross in the FOV limit is presented

CCIP.jpg~original

Off-limits, the mechanics change. A reflected cue (horizontal bar) appears showing how far from HUD FOV limits the real CCIP cross is. The closer the bar is from the velocity vector, the furthest is from FOV limits, falling when diving to the target. Until CCIP cross is not solid again, release is unhibited.

Once the release is complete, the release point become a target and a TD diamond appears over the target. That's the CCIP reattack mode which also is lacking.

Also, the dotted CCIP cross when no stabilized, I didn't find any mention to it in the real AV-8B Tactical manual...

Regards!

Edited by amalahama
  • Like 1

If you look carefully in DCS you have a dashed cross first and if you keep a steady approach to the target the dashed cross turns into a solid one. So i think this is correct.

What is missing is the dashed bomb line.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

If you look carefully in DCS you have a dashed cross first and if you keep a steady approach to the target the dashed cross turns into a solid one.

That's totally made up, the real manual didn't mention anything like that. The dashed cross only appears when the impact point is out of FOV, it doesn't have anything to do with flying steady. How the reflected CCIP symbology works is explained in my previous post and can be seen also quite well in the video I posted.

Regards

Steady flight is not accurated. I mean there is a dashed cross first, and then a solid one when you are closer to the target. What makes change the cross is beyond my actual knowledge but try yourself and you will see the change from dashed to solid.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

• 4 months later...

I´ve found an interesting video supporting your claims.

You can see some HUD footage where the dashed line is always visible in CCIPand the dashed cross hair the same, even at very high roll angles.

There are several clips where you can see the cross hair always visible, dashed out of OFV and not dashed inside FOV and the fall line always dashed.

Is very interesting.

LToh6Rdfsc8

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 8 months later...

The display shown in the first post is from the NWP 3-22.5-AV8B, Vol. I (A1-AV8BB-TAC-000), basically the manual for the AV-8B weapon systems.

If you read the chapter 2.5 Delivery Modes, there is a lot(!) more to the symbology than just a predicted bomb fall line.

One major issue we currently have, is the reflected cue not being displayed in CCIP. It should show up at 4.3° angle from the velocity vector and fall down the dashed bomb fall line while the CCIP cross is locked to the HUD FOV limit. The reflected cue shows you (like in the F/A-18C) the actual distance of the actual CCIP before it appears in the HUD.

This is a tremendously important help to adjust your dive angle and speed, etc.

As soon as the reflected cue reaches the bottom of the HUD the CCIP cross shows up and you get a solid bomb fall line cross.

Now, for the option to convert CCIP to CCRP, on the fly. It is pretty similar to what is in the F/A-18C currently, with the "ball and chain".

While the CCIP cross and bomb fall line are dashed (locked to the lower HUD FOV) you can position the dashed cross over a target in the HUD press and HOLD the pickle button to convert from CCIP to CCRP, marking the point under the dashed cross for CCRP release and pulling level until the release cue comes down the ASL... speaking of which, is also totally borked. The ASL should be running through the designated CCRP target designation (caret) on the ground! It does not swerve and sway from left to right when banking!

As a steering indication it needs to stay fixed over target and not move left to right between the aircraft and the target...

Again, you can view how this is supposed to work in the AV-8B TAC manual and the current F/A-18C early access when doing an AUTO mode delivery. :book:

EDIT: CCIP mode with reflected cue (though the F-18 does not show a dashed bomb fall line)

AUTO mode from "ball and chain" (watch from 5:50 min)

Edited by shagrat
fixed typos from "autocorrection"

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Bump.

This needs to be fixed.

Modules: FC3, A-10C, M2000C, MiG-21bis, F-86F, AV-8B NA, F/A-18C, F-14A/B, F-16C, F-15E, F-4E, A-29, Eurofighter Typhoon, A-6E, MiG-23MLA, Nevada, Persian Gulf, South Atlantic, Syria, Afghanistan

Specs: Intel i7 2600K, Nvidea GTX 980, 16GB RAM, NVMe SSD, Saitek X-55, TrackIR 5, Samsung Odyssey VR