MiG-29 AFCS (aka Autopilot) "Tutorial" - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-18-2019, 12:20 AM   #11
rrohde
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhand View Post
Great! And the various modes can be helpful from time to time.
I totally rely on the Att Hold mode, for pretty much everything. I wonder if RL MiG-29 pilots use it constantly as well.

Side note: To me, it seems as if the MiG-29's AFCS system feels a lot more mature than its Su-27 counterpart in DCS. Do others feel the same?

PC: Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz @ 5.0GHz | MSI GTX 1080 TI | ASUS Maximus IX Hero | 32GB DDR4 RAM | 512GB Samsung 850 PRO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit | Glear: HP Reverb | Jetseat 908 | Monstertech MTX Sim Rig | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.II w/ MCG PRO (center mount) | VKB Gunfighter /w SCG-R Premium (side mount)

rrohde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 12:42 AM   #12
Ironhand
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrohde View Post
I totally rely on the Att Hold mode, for pretty much everything. I wonder if RL MiG-29 pilots use it constantly as well.

Side note: To me, it seems as if the MiG-29's AFCS system feels a lot more mature than its Su-27 counterpart in DCS. Do others feel the same?
Not sure it’s more refined. In making the “tutorial”, the attitude and baro altitude hold felt the same as the Flanker. Those are normally the only two modes I use, anyway. I may feel differently once the two missing modes are introduced.

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 16GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.
Ironhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 07:04 PM   #13
Panthera_Tigris

Thank you so much for this video!!

Coming from the Sukhois, I was losing my mind as to why altitude hold wasn't working! Now I know I have to use attitude hold first!
Panthera_Tigris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 02:13 PM   #14
Ironhand
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthera_Tigris View Post
Thank you so much for this video!!

Coming from the Sukhois, I was losing my mind as to why altitude hold wasn't working! Now I know I have to use attitude hold first!
Glad you found it helpful. Enjoy.

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 16GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.
Ironhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 09:12 AM   #15
DMK

Thank you for tutorial.
Is there anyone on this thread who uses the MSFFB2 joystick? AFCS MiG-29 does not work with it (maybe just for me). When AFCS is activated, for example, “[LAlt - 4] - Stabilization”, the stick starts to move in various directions, but does not stabilize the flight.
The same about other AFCS modes, maybe excluding the "Damper" mode, seems to work correctly (I don't know how to check it). Can anybody help?
DMK is offline   Reply With Quote