Noob questions regarding ME for F15 training mission

Chafer

everything is in the title !

I am creating some training missions for the f15. I've read the manual and the cockpit triggers guide in order to achieve that type of goals :

- I would like to check if a cockpit parameter are in range. EG : the pilote has to put 90% RPM. If he succeed, I would like to play a sound. Checking speed, altitude, heading... It's easy, but RPM ? I understant that it has something to do with the X-cockpit or LUA predicates conditions, but howto precisely for the f15? (Have I told you that I am noob ?)

- If the pilot hasn't set the correct RPM, or the correct pitch attitude, I would like to force it automaticaly ! EG : The pilot has set 80%, a sound is played telling him that there is an error, and than automaticaly, the correct setting is set for him.

Any help would be great. Thanks

Dome display

I7 6700k (HT deactivated), 16go drr4, GTX 1080 TI, SSD, 4*1080 display @50hz (resolution 7680*1080), warping software

What you are trying to acomplish is really hard work, here is a thread where a member of the Community shares what he learned about the UH-1 cockpit ... doesnt matter if you dont have the module, you will learn a lot about how this type of thing works:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=143017

If I were you, I'd try a more goal-oriented approach .. rather than trying to control the rpm that the pilot is using, give him a goal of mantaining a certain speed/altitude range .. dont focus on the aircraft controls, but rather on its flight state .. it is much easier to implement and it still provides the student with feedback about how well he is handling the plane ... something like this:

P3AVBHH.jpg

Of course, I also provide this feedback to the pilot while he is flying, for example after passing wp1, but at the moment I only have a screen capture of the final report, given to the student after he has landed, to give you the idea of how it works.

Best regards and luck with your project :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Ok, it is really interesting ! indeed

If I do understand, the problem with the FlamingCliff modules (in my case, the F15) is that there is no argument references anywhere ! Maybe I didn't find the correct file...

My goal is to do exactly what DSPALLASVI do with the Huey :

In the 'Conditions' column of ME, use the "X:Cockpit Argument In Range" and apply the above numbers:

Argument: 219

Min: 0

Max: 0.1

With the F15, where to find the Argument value regarding the RPM ?

Anyway, your more goal-oriented approach is really interesting, I would like to try that. Your screencapture of the final report inspire me : but how to manage such a report ?

It may be too much to ask, but could you provide me one of your mission file ? That could help me a lot to understant how works the ME in the case of a training mission.

See ya

Dome display

I7 6700k (HT deactivated), 16go drr4, GTX 1080 TI, SSD, 4*1080 display @50hz (resolution 7680*1080), warping software

If I do understand, the problem with the FlamingCliff modules (in my case, the F15) is that there is no argument references anywhere !

Most likely, ED has such a reference on its SDK (at least for their direct developments), but the one I linked is the only argument reference I've seen, and it is the work of a very dedicated commmunity member.

My goal is to do exactly what DSPALLASVI do with the Huey :

In the 'Conditions' column of ME, use the "X:Cockpit Argument In Range" and apply the above numbers:

Argument: 219

Min: 0

Max: 0.1

With the F15, where to find the Argument value regarding the RPM ?

I dont think that it will be possible, as the F-15 has no clickable cockpit .. :(

Anyway, your more goal-oriented approach is really interesting, I would like to try that. Your screencapture of the final report inspire me : but how to manage such a report ?

I manage it trough flags .. set a flag to on when the event occurs, say the player's aircraft enters a 1 Km trigger zone around waypoint 1, then check that flag at the end, to generate the corresponding line on the report.

For example, these are the flags that I use on this specific mission (I make a text file for each mission, where I keep track of the flags that I'm using ... it makes much easier when creating the triggers):

Flags:

01: ON if flew within 1 Km of Waypoint 1

02: ON if flew within 1 Km of Waypoint 2

12: ON if trainee was within 50 meters of target altitude, at Wp2.

22: ON if trainee was within 50 Km/h of target speed, at Wp2.

03: ON if flew within 1 Km of Waypoint 3

13: ON if trainee was within 50 meters of target altitude, at Wp3.

23: ON if trainee was within 50 Km/h of target speed, at Wp3.

04: ON if flew within 1 Km of Waypoint 4

93: If aircraft Damaged

94: Enable Results Report

95: ON if hard landing (5 mt/sec < VS <= 10 mt/sec)

96: ON if soft landing (VS <= 5 mt/sec)

97: ON if aircraft has landed (badly or not)

98: ON if aircraft has taken off

99: ON if aircraft has been destroyed for any reason

It may be too much to ask, but could you provide me one of your mission file ? That could help me a lot to understant how works the ME in the case of a training mission.

Certainly, I recently published a set of such missions here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=226686

... tough you will need the Persian Gulf Map in order to open them. I dont have this kind of missions for Caucasus, sorry :(

Best regards

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

@Chafer

---UNFORTUNATELY, THIS DOESN'T SEEM TO WORK AT THIS POINT---

Regarding the F15C RPM gauge reading, I don't think you'll be able to get that using ME.

Perhaps you'll be able to extract the relevant animation information using uboats' extractor (forum thread)

I've never used it, I don't even know if it can be used for the F15C cockpit gauge animations, but I guess it's worth a try.

Keep in mind that programming stuff based on RPM gauge readings can't be done unless the relevant gauge argument is accessible via ME trigger (I don't think this is the case for the F-15C).

The DCS scripting engine can't access cockpit arguments, unfortunately, so this can't be done using scripts either.

It's better to adopt a simpler approach, like Rudel_chw suggested.

EDIT: I've managed to get the F15C's RPM gauge arguments using model viewer

Left RPM indicator needle = Arg 16 (80% RPM = 0.750)

Left RPM indicator first number = Arg 525 ( no number = -1.000 or 1.000 )

Left RPM indicator second number = Arg 526 ( number 8 = ~0.800 )

Left RPM indicator third number = Arg 527 ( number 0 = -1.000 or 1.000 )

Right RPM indicator needle = Arg 17 (80% RPM = 0.750)

Right RPM indicator first number = Arg 528 ( no number = -1.000 or 1.000 )

Right RPM indicator second number = Arg 529 ( number 8 = ~0.800 )

Right RPM indicator third number = Arg 530 ( number 0 = -1.000 or 1.000 )

In order for all the F15C cockpit gauges to show up in model viewer, you'll need to do the following:

1- After installing model viewer, navigate to --> Gamedir\Mods\aircraft\Flaming Cliffs\Cockpit\Textures.

There you'll find the file "F-15C-CPT-TEXTURES.zip"

You'll need to extract all the textures within that zip file and put them in--> edModelViewer installdir\Bazar\TempTextures

2- Once that's done, navigate to --> Gamedir\Bazar\Textures, then copy the folder "HUD_FILTER_DS" and paste it in --> edModelViewer installdir\Bazar\Textures (actually, "F-15C_Cockpit_HUD_texture.dds" should be enough, but nvm)

Model viewer should be able to load all the cockpit and gauge textures correctly after that's done.

Btw, in order to open the F15C cockpit model with Model Viewer, simply do---> File > Load Model... > navigate to "Gamedir\Mods\aircraft\Flaming Cliffs\Cockpit\Shape" > Select "Cockpit_F-15C.EDM" and open it.

Model viewer will give you the list of textures and arguments for that model.

Problem is that there are 1000 arguments, you'll need to test them one by one in order to identify them.

But, as I said, looks like ME doesn't care about F15C cockpit arguments, so this is kind of pointless :cry:

Edited by Hardcard

Big up for both of you guys !

It really help me understand how the ME and the modules works.

Such a shame that we can't use the "X:Cockpit Argument In Range" with the flaming cliffs modules… I will try with the Mirage

Again, thank you a lot

Dome display