MFG Crosswind - Review

I am glad that they look to be too wide to fit into the space needed. That keeps me from being tempted. However, I do envy you guys just a wee little bit. :)

EDIT: @Sobek I am rather short as well and found the board against the wall worked well (wood flooring here too) with my Saiteks.

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

You can make them a bit narrower by using the other outer pair of screw holes on the pedals AFAIK. If you want i can measure their width when assembled like that.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

You can make them a bit narrower by using the other outer pair of screw holes on the pedals AFAIK. If you want i can measure their width when assembled like that.

Don't go through the trouble as I don't need the encouragement. ;) Basically my Saitek Combat pedals are the absolute widest thing that can fit (it's a VolairSim pit). If they were a millimeter wider they would hit the frame when steering.

Besides, I just spent too much on a 40 inch TV for the pit. :D

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

The only issue with my set of MFG pedals is having to retrain my brain from using a set of logitech G25 racing pedals for the rudder.

I'm not accustomed to having a combined axis! :(

Intel 5820k | Asus X-99A | Crucial 16GB | Powercolor Devil RX580 8GB | Win 10 x64 | Oculus Rift | https://gallery.ksotov.co.uk

Patiently waiting for: DCS: Panavia Tornado, DCS: SA-2 Guideline, DCS: SA-3 Goa, DCS: S-300 Grumble

My pair of these arrived today and man are they awesome. The craftsmanship is impeccable. They are incredibly sturdy and their smooth action and precision makes the TM Warthog pale in comparison.

They are not a steal though, coming in at a bit less than tripple of what saiteks cost, but the difference in quality more than justifies it, they simply are *that* good. If anybody is on the lookout for quality pedals, these are most likely the last ones you will ever need. To top it off, Milan is a very nice fellow who kept me in the loop during the whole process (he had some problems with an electronics supplier this month it seems), and even though it took a little longer than previously expected, it was definately worth the wait.

i told you so!:thumbup:

mfg pedals are a peace of art!

i own them now since last summer...so my story with them if anybody is interested:

i received serial nr 15, so i was one of the early customers...from the very beginning, Milan although pretty much a one man company to my knowledge has a customer support which is outstanding.i had a small problem with my left brake...i only noticed this problem after about 1month of use.and it wasnt even a problem which was actually disturbing my flight experience.anyway, i wont go into detail here, but Milan's support was astounding.so my problem got fixed completely without any further additional costs or anything or trouble on my side.and the pace in which he helped me solving it was astounding as well!hats off to this guy.

now to the pedals themselves...well, i dont think it can get any better.now i fly pretty much on a daily basis in dcs.almost exclusively the P51.so lots of rudder input necessary.so im pushing them pretty hard on a regular basis, and they are going strong like on day one.i have the feeling, that they will last me forever, or at least as long as pcs use usb.the material is top notch.as sobek said, the possibilties to adjust them to your need and preferance is unmatched.they are very comfortable.no problem to either us them as intended with the 109 design to have your whole feet on them, or like i do, to leave the heels on the floor and steer only with the balls and toes.

adjustable spring tension and cam profiles are awesome.in fact, MFG pedals feel better than real pedals in my view.

their precision is perfect for both the rudder and the brake axis.for me there is no need to use any curvature settings at all to fly the stang ball centered.

crosswind take offs and landings are a pure joy...they definitely deserve their name!to my knowledge there is nothing better out there...and what sobek said, MFG pedals make the hotas warthog look bad in comparison!

Edited by 9./JG27 DavidRed

I, too, received my pedals today, and like sobek, I'm just blown away by the quality. These things are by far the best pedals I've ever owned. The movement is so smooth, so fluid, that you forget you're using sim pedals. Pricey, yes, and I never thought I'd spend so much on pedals, but now that I have them in my pit, I have to say they were worth every penny.

What is that seat that you have?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

Hi all,

I finally joined this nice forum, and wanted to thank you all for publishing your satisfaction with MFG Crosswind. By doing that you help others decide and help to spread the word about pedals to many simmers who are not aware of MFG Crosswinds yet.

One big thank you !

P.S. I still have quite a list of preordered pedals that I'm working hard to produce. At the moment schedule for next ordered pedals is approx. 15.07...so it's a loooong wait. That is also a reason why I spend very little time online...but I answer any question sent to my e-mail promptly.

Milan

• Like 2

That does not sound like a long wait, all things considered.

Welcome to the forum. :)

Ha! I took the exact same picture!

I can see that they are much wider than the Saitek Combat pedals. Thanks for posting the pic.

I can see that they are much wider than the Saitek Combat pedals. Thanks for posting the pic.

The angle the image is taken makes them look much bigger than they are, I will take a proper comparison shot later :)

They are a bit bigger and can be made both larger (via a adapter) and smaller.

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

The story so far:

they are quite a bit shorter than my previous saitek unit, which makes it impossible to rest them against the wall behind my desk and still be able to reach them from the front side (i not only have small feet, but short legs as well :P). They do however have *very* sticky rubber feet that make them usable without being rested against a wall at lower force settings (i've got wood laminate floor). Also note that they can be screwed onto a wood base or i could simply put one or two wood boards between the wall and the pedals to act as spacers, so it's not a huge problem.

Yes, recenty I started to ship pedals with rubber feet so pedals don't slide at low spring settings...but I belive hard mounting pedals is still the best solution in many cases.

About pedals being shorter than saiteks....since I designed pedals nobody mentioned that so I forgot about it myself :-) But it was a design intention from a start. During design stage of the pedals I was testing some other pedal models and as a simmer myself I concluded that most models were to close to my feet. Back then I played with joystick on table surface which makes seating position very close to table. I figured, most cases are just like mine...table is 70-90 cm deep and there is a wall on the other side. Problem is that most pedals are too close to your feet in that situation and that's what I wanted to improve. You see...it is easy to fix your problem by making some kind of "wall spacer"....but it would be impossible to fix if it was other way around...I mean...if youre pedals are too close and you can't push them trough the wall :-)

For anyone is intrested, if you have a "wall obstacle" behind your desk, MFG crosswind can be positioned further away than Simped pedals too

Edited by Milan MFG

I had my pair of Crosswinds rested against a wall as well. However, recently I had to move my desk arround to get more room and therfore my peddals are not pushing against a wall anymore.

attachment.php?attachmentid=99026&stc=1&d=1401518102

Please do apologize the bad lighting, they are mounted under the table so they don't see much light. Also I should mount the cables in a kable tray, I know :P.

Anyway, to prevent them from sliding arround I use Tesa double sided sticky tape.

attachment.php?attachmentid=98936&stc=1&d=1401471482

It is about 2mm thick and 3 layers of the tape are about as high as the rubber spacers.

I used just a few stripes of it, and it is incredibly strong. I first had the pedals mounted somewhere else and when I tried to reposition them I had a very hard time to get the loose again. I had to use a hammer to jack them out of place.

They won't even bodge if I try to move them out of position with my feet. I would say it is impossible to move them out of position by accident when flying and pretty hard to move out of position when trying to do so.

Foto.thumb.JPG.d41fd8d11b2b412dc4122ca9c3167efc.JPG

Foto2.thumb.JPG.b4c8f8bad7a780db98f5dfb9dd466a0d.JPG

Edited by xxJohnxx
  • Like 1

Check out my YouTube: xxJohnxx

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled

You guys aren't making the wait any easier. I'm one of those folks Milan mentioned on his pre-order list. My only concern is whether or not they will fit in the space under my desk. If not, then it's a new desk as the important thing is having quality control systems to assist us in managing flight in these ever more precise flight sims. The days of "yank and bank" that was standard back in the inception of this genre are gone. With better and better 'study sims" one needs better and better equipment and that is why I think Milan, as a flier himself, has done us all a big favor putting these nice units out there. Now I have to wipe the drool off my monitor just looking at the pics of those beauties.

Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon, GForce TitanX, ASUS Z-97A MB, 16GB GDDR3 GSkill mem, Samsung SSD X3,Track IR, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, Acer XB280HK monitor,GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

[...]

As a stopgap i have now started using the plastic wall spacers from the saiteks and that works perfectly until i can come up with a proper wooden contraption. :)

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

MFG Crosswind - Review

I received my pedals today and I must admit, this is a remarkable piece of hardware.

The smoothness, the configuration options are amazing. With CAM4 flying Huey you no longer feel like you're fighting the center like in a plane.

For other needs (plane) you can configure them as you wish. Strong/weak center. Strong/weak spring with bigger deflections.

Short of hydraulic ones this is definitely the best thing you can get for flying a helicopter.

And there is nothing better for flying a plane.

Edited by Havner

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My pedals also arrived today and after half hour I was sold. Price might be twice of the Saitek's I had before but so far I would say Crosswinds are totally worth it.

Actually feel is so different that it will take couple of weeks to relearn how to fly. Difference is really that big.

• 3 weeks later...

Got mine!

My Crosswinds came today, and they are everything they were advertised to be. I often rely on the experience and feedback of others before I commit to new hardware since some of it is over hyped. You guys were right. I replaced my Saiteks which were actually working fine for me, but these Crosswinds are definitely a step up in quality and precision. I appreciate ,except for steering on the ground and braking, rudder pedals get very little consideration. Once you have used a good set of controls, ie. TM WartHog etc. you come to appreciate why they cost so much. If you're a serious simmer, you should strongly consider the Crosswinds.

Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon, GForce TitanX, ASUS Z-97A MB, 16GB GDDR3 GSkill mem, Samsung SSD X3,Track IR, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, Acer XB280HK monitor,GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

• 2 months later...

I posted a very enthusiastic review somewhere up this thread, and this is but an update.

6 months with the MFG, and they're still as awesome as first day. The hardware does not show the beginning of a strain, and I use them for a *lot* of different games (all the time).

I honestly have nothing to say against the MFG. IMO they're just perfect, and that's it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I posted a very enthusiastic review somewhere up this thread, and this is but an update.

6 months with the MFG, and they're still as awesome as first day. The hardware does not show the beginning of a strain, and I use them for a *lot* of different games (all the time).

I honestly have nothing to say against the MFG. IMO they're just perfect, and that's it.

Yes indeed. I've had mine since Jan now, and if anything they're better now since there have been further firmware updates. I've also screwed them down to a wooden base which also helps.

Please, write something bad about the pedals, otherwise I have to buy on of those ;)

Windows 10 | i7-8700K@5GHz | 2080 Ti | Intel Z370 Chipset | 32GB RAM@1866 MHz | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB| Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS w. FSSB R3 Mod | Saitek Switch Panel + Radio Panel + Multi Panel + FIP + Flightpanels Software | MFG_Crosswind | TrackIR5 | TM Cougar MFD Pack | Obutto R3volution | 1 x LG38 | GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT