Frontlines Georgia Campaign - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 12-07-2018, 10:17 PM   #21
NineLine
Community Manager

No, certainly not, there is much ED wants to do with CA for sure.
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
NineLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 11:19 AM   #22
gabuzomeu

Hello,
would anyone help me figuring how to activate the aircraft in mission 1: I arm them in the mission planner, but when starting, they are invisible.
The A-10 stationed in the east are there, but are not manned?

Thanks
Win 10 Home
gabuzomeu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 02:04 PM   #23
feefifofum
3rd Party Developer

The A-10s are not controllable in mission 1, only the two flights of Su-25s at Senaki and the 2 flights of Hinds. They are activated through the F10. Other radio menu.
feefifofum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 04:28 PM   #24
gabuzomeu

Ok, did not recall this :-)
Many thanks.
Anyway, I managed to pass mission 1 without air support, It’s been painful...!
Win 10 Home
gabuzomeu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 05:41 AM   #25
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varis View Post
like you can't figure out a tank's LoS from above and then they get popped one by one because there is very little AI to work around the limitations.
Yeah, I want AI to better adapt to where you send them, obviously, you should have some sense on where they are going, but they should also better adapt to their surroundings. Improvements to LOS and pathfinding really need to take this into account, right now a less tank can take out a superior tank in numbers just because the superior tank walks into trouble.

So yes, it's all things I want and needs to push to be dealt with. as I said elsewhere, I am hoping the dynamic campaign, and elements of RTS put some spotlight on these issues, as will campaigns like this.
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
NineLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 06:49 PM   #26
sharkforce

im stuck on mission 2. when the 2 sets of hinds fly in i am having diffficulty engaging the second set after killing the first. Manually controlling 1 shilka at a time is not cutting it for killing 4 hinds quick enough as they just atgm everything on their second pass. why are the AI gunners disabled for this mission, is there any way to tell the other shilka to engage? the other issue i have seen on this mission is when you damage a hind it may fly off into the sunset leaving the mission progress stuck. leaving you to have to redo the FALLBACK mission just so you can redo mission 2 AGAIN. at this point i would love to skip this mission.

Last edited by sharkforce; 12-09-2018 at 06:53 PM.
sharkforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 07:19 PM   #27
Paganus

When you get in a shilka hit the \ key and change the ROE from return fire to fire.
Paganus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 02:30 PM   #28
metzger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NineLine View Post
I had thought of that as well, that its meant for you guys that have had CA forever, and not had much to do with it, I am thinking of approaching ED with a small, more training type campaign for CA, to be free with CA. Thoughts on that?

May be a little off topic, but this is an issue for ALL modules, the most of the campaigns available for free or payware are towards people already very competent with the module. I and probably many like me, really miss this type of campaigns which will simulate real live training/practice and fulfill the gap between the simple training missions and more advanced campaigns. The only exceptions are A-10 maple flag missions, L-39 Kursant and M-2000 default campaign.

As for the CA campaign, I am happy that ED is coming back to this module, I own it from long time ago, never learned it, I would definitely buy a more training oriented campaign and give it a shot(and this is valid for pretty much all modules - yes I have them all) But I will stay away from this one if it requires you to be real army commander to play it.

And if you will provide feedback to ED please mention this - Pay more attention to briefings and always provide them as PDF aside of the in game briefing! Good example are Baltic_dragon campaigns!
metzger is offline   Reply With Quote