Trimming question

Vannipo

Hi there.

I have problems pitch trimming the Su-33.

I can pitch the maximum down,

but I still have to push the stick all the time to keep my altitude.

That makes flying manualy a bit hard.

How do you handle leveled flying?

Edited by Vannipo

Unfortunately it is possible to 'run out' of trim authority in the Su-27 / 33. Depending on conditions you should only see this at relatively high subsonic speeds (>0.85M) and at fairly low altitude (<500m). The only solution is to engage the ACS, either radar or barometric altitude hold or in the case of the Su-33 you could use terrain avoidance mode.

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

No, not really.

My Version of the Su-33 always wants to pull up. At any speed, at any height.

Even @takeoff she goes to 80° climb, if I don't push the nose down.

Trimming to the max just helps a bit.

Are you using a force feedback stick? If so, disable it in Options and see if that helps.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

No FF-Stick.

Then the only thing I can think of is that something else is bound to the trim key. Once in the cockpit, press RT-Shift+ENTER to bring up the controls indicator and see if you have control of the trim (the small dot on the vertical centerline). Most likely you don’t because a duplication is interfering.

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

At any plane, I setup my complete own Hotkeys. So, I am 100% sure, that it's not doubled. But I try that.

Edit:

Tried, and, yes, I can move this tiny little circle up/down/left/right. Even with much pitch own, I fly loopings all the time, if I leave the stick.

And I figured out, that:

Pitch and Roll trim don't have any effect. If I fly smooth and adjust these trims, nothing changes in flight behavior, but this little cirle in the control viewer is moving...

I really would like to know, if you fly about 1000m height, with about 500 kmh, whether in this situation, u can trim to a leveled flight? Maybe I press too short? Feels like after holding the trim key for about 4-5 seconds, nothing is happening any more.

Edited by Vannipo

At any plane, I setup my complete own Hotkeys. So, I am 100% sure, that it's not doubled. But I try that.

Edit:

Tried, and, yes, I can move this little circle upwards. Even with much pitch own, I fly loopings all the time, if I leave the stick.

And, the hotkey is working. I see that, cause the "neutral" light, goes off. And I can feel it. Cause, as I said, trimming to max helps, but not enough.

I really would like to know, if you fly about 1000m height, with about 500 kmh, whether in this situation, u can trim to a leveled flight? Maybe I press too short? Feels like after holding the trim key for about 4-5 seconds, nothing is happening any more.

500 kph @ 1000 m altitude should not present any problems. Ummm... silly question but are your flaps in? Something is clearly not right. With those parameters you should have no difficulty trimming your nose down. I’ll record a flight and post it in the morning. At work tonight until late tonight.

_____

Oh, I repeat my post, cause I might have edited after ur post:

And I figured out, that:

Pitch and Roll trim don't have any effect. If I fly smooth and adjust these trims, nothing changes in flight behavior, but this little cirle in the control viewer is moving...

Rudder trim totally affects the flight behavior. So, this seems to work in my Version of the Su-33 :D. I fly in 2.5.0. No User-Mods.

Strange...

Edit:

Same in the Su-27: No reactions on pitch and roll trim.

Edited by Vannipo

Rudder trim totally affects the flight behavior. So, this seems to work in my Version of the Su-33 :D. I fly in 2.5.0. No User-Mods.

Strange...

Hmmm...that’s not how it works for me. Trim nose up. Trim nose down. Both are mapped to my hat switch. In fact, I don’t normally use rudder trim at all.

EDIT: You might want to run a repair on your installation. Something is clearly not right.

Edited by Ironhand

_____

EDIT: You might want to run a repair on your installation. Something is clearly not right.

Yes, i will try that. For doing that, I can deinstall FC3 through the DCS GUI and reinstall it again? Or how to repair the Su-33/27? Maybe its Version 2.5.0?

Can u show me a screenshot with flight control viewer visible, while u have a nicely trimmed flight? So, I can compare.

Edited by Vannipo

Yes, i will try that. For doing that, I can deinstall FC3 through the DCS GUI and reinstall it again? Or how to repair the Su-33/27? Maybe its Version 2.5.0?

Can u show me a screenshot with flight control viewer visible, while u have a nicely trimmed flight? So, I can compare.

For repair: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030

I’ll post a track tomorrow morning and screenshot as well.

_____

I reinstalled FC3 again.

And finally, trimming works now! Nose down -> nose down!

Strange, cause I tried the Su-33 the first time after purchase.

Thank you very much for ur help. To know, that trimming should work, cause it just works, was the path to victory :D

I reinstalled FC3 again.

And finally, trimming works now! Nose down -> nose down!

Strange, cause I tried the Su-33 the first time after purchase.

Thank you very much for ur help. To know, that trimming should work, cause it just works, was the path to victory :D

Excellent. Glad you got it sorted out.

Enjoy flying.

_____

• 4 months later...

I have the same issue. After uninstalling and installing the Su-33 DLC in steam this problem still remained. So my plane is trying to fly upwards and the trims do not work.

Edit: Oh, never mind. My problem was simply that I had two assigments for my control-axis like someone else already mentioned in this thread.

Edited by Tiramisu