Easy Refuel Option - Page 6 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 12-09-2018, 02:36 PM   #51
Skyracer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teriander View Post
This game needs a easy refuel option when doing Air-air-refuel. Like if you're within 4 feet of the refuel box, that's close enough. Can't tell you how many times I've hit the stupid refuel tube only for it to refuse a connection. It's by far the most frustrating part of the game.

I just feel like shooting down the refuel tanker when I close in, just so I can have a sense of accomplishment. God knows I'm not refueling.
Learn to refuel, f-18 sorry to be rude but is only option
Old 12-09-2018, 04:24 PM   #52
voucher76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teriander View Post
This game needs a easy refuel option when doing Air-air-refuel. Like if you're within 4 feet of the refuel box, that's close enough. Can't tell you how many times I've hit the stupid refuel tube only for it to refuse a connection. It's by far the most frustrating part of the game.

I just feel like shooting down the refuel tanker when I close in, just so I can have a sense of accomplishment. God knows I'm not refueling.
Sounds just like the problem i’ve had with AAR in the hornet. Even if the probe would be dead on the basket it just would NOT hook up. I almost gave up until i decided to check my key bindings, before i used the binding “probe control switch - Extend/retract” where the same button press both raises and lowers the probe. For somme strange reason, at least for me, this keybind will cause the probe to NOT hook up to the basket properly.
Instead I tried “probe control switch- up” and “probe control switch- Down” so that a different button is used for raising and lowering the probe. First Attemp with this config - a solid hook up and never had a problem since.

Might be worth a shot.
voucher76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 04:44 PM   #53
VirusAM

Send a message via MSN to VirusAM
Default Easy Refuel Option

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyracer View Post
Learn to refuel, f-18 sorry to be rude but is only option

I don’t think your is a good response...in order to be proficient in AAR you have to do a lot of practice, have a lot of free time to mantain the skill and also a good hardware (stick with proper precision and extension).
I have the Warthog and an extension and i am pretty fast at doing AAR and i like realism but i can understand people with less expensive hardware e few free time...because some years ago..when the a10 was out i was no so good and didn’t have n hotas warthog...as soon as i got it i became immediately good at AAR.
so an easy option is no problem for me...i won’t use it bit maybe easier options in general will bring more people to dcs which later could improve and try the more realistic options later on
I7-9900K @5.1 GHz | 32gb DDR4 Ram 3200MHz| GeForce GTX1080ti | SSD Nvme Intel | Ssd NVME 480GB Adata| Hotas Warthog + Cougar MFD | MFG Crosswind | UTC MkII Pro + Ps3Eye | Samsung CH3270 32" 2560x1440 QLED Monitor | Lenovo Explorer VR Headset
VirusAM is offline   Reply With Quote