TM warthog bolt size?

Hi guys, I just ordered a TM warthog and a friend of mine will be modifying my old x52 custom desk clamps for the joystick. He will use 18mm thick MDF as the mounting board, do you think this will be sufficient? How heavy is the stick (without the mounting plate).

The joystick will be removed off of the mounting plate and he will mount it with the 4 bolts in a square formation, which are offset by 60mm to each other, correct?

My question is, what size are the bolts I should use? Taking in mind the depth of the MDF I'll be using.

Thank you

Edited by Mukai92

The stock screws are M4 x8mm to mount it to a 3mm thick base. Your MDF is 18mm, so add 15 to that and 24 or 25mm is the closest stock length you will find.

The grip weighs ~1000g and the base about half that, however this is hardly a consideration for the load since pushing/pulling on the grip will be generating more force than the dead weight but 18mm mdf is plenty stiff enough to deal with this.

Affirmative, the square mounting pattern is 60mm center to center

• Thanks 1

The stock screws are M4 x8mm to mount it to a 3mm thick base. Your MDF is 18mm, so add 15 to that and 24 or 25mm is the closest stock length you will find.

The grip weighs ~1000g and the base about half that, however this is hardly a consideration for the load since pushing/pulling on the grip will be generating more force than the dead weight but 18mm mdf is plenty stiff enough to deal with this.

Affirmative, the square mounting pattern is 60mm center to center

Hey thanks so much mate, much appreciated. Just really hope the mount holds up. The warthog really drained the funds so i can't afford to buy any mounts at the moment! :/

TM warthog bolt size?

I mounted in MD long time ago. I just lowered the MD base with half a inch drill in the screw points.

I used some longer M4 screws I had around with washers.

Cheers

273dd5db0c04e08df2cf6d445263996c.jpg

Edited by mrwell

I mounted in MD long time ago. I just lowered the MD base with half a inch drill in the screw points.

Cheers

Is that a modded warthog hotas ?

If so it looks nice, What all has been done to it ?

Cheers

So the MDF will hold up then? :) Should be receiving my warthog today apparently (a week earlier than expected to I'm happy out, but I don't have any mounts now, first world problems )

Lol, that was my old Frankenstein HOTAS. Stick base: Warthog with broken PCB I could fix (gift from a friend), Cougar Stick and SunCom F15 Throttle (also gift from another friend of my VW) modded with Leo Bodnar PCB.

I gave the throttle to a VW friend because I could get a WH throttle quite cheap.

I needed a temporary setup while pitbuiding ;)

eb72cfd5e1ef0f5554e02c9f0063f5fc.jpg