AV-8B Harrier Thread - Page 157 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 07-12-2017, 06:41 PM   #1561
SUNTSAG

Reputation power: 3
SUNTSAG has a spectacular aura aboutSUNTSAG has a spectacular aura aboutSUNTSAG has a spectacular aura aboutSUNTSAG has a spectacular aura aboutSUNTSAG has a spectacular aura about

Hi Razbam,

I am loving your updates and as an ex Harrier Force member, I am seriously looking forward to this aircraft release.

I was disappointed that you were unable to release a GR9 variant but I hope you will provide us with an excellent 1Sqn skin as I am considering the potential of creating a RAF campaign once she is released. Thanks again.
SUNTSAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 09:31 PM   #1562
frixon28

Reputation power: 2
frixon28 will become famous soon enoughfrixon28 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINX_1391 View Post
One of my favorite Harrier videos...I would also support the development of said livery as well.

I got to ask why was this done? Why the promotion of the Harrier, (Or any military jet, or heck any airplane even) in a Pepsi commercial? Or is this one of those the 70's/80's were a strange time...

I'm still so happy to have such a unique aircraft coming to DCS
frixon28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 10:24 PM   #1563
Revelation

Reputation power: 23
Revelation is a glorious beacon of lightRevelation is a glorious beacon of lightRevelation is a glorious beacon of lightRevelation is a glorious beacon of lightRevelation is a glorious beacon of lightRevelation is a glorious beacon of lightRevelation is a glorious beacon of lightRevelation is a glorious beacon of lightRevelation is a glorious beacon of lightRevelation is a glorious beacon of lightRevelation is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by frixon28 View Post
I got to ask why was this done? Why the promotion of the Harrier, (Or any military jet, or heck any airplane even) in a Pepsi commercial? Or is this one of those the 70's/80's were a strange time...

It was actually done in humor and Pepsi never thought someone would be able to acquire 7 million Pepsi points during the promotional period... until someone did...

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/1996-man...a-harrier-jet/
Old 07-12-2017, 10:51 PM   #1564
Torso

Reputation power: 2
Torso is a jewel in the roughTorso is a jewel in the roughTorso is a jewel in the roughTorso is a jewel in the roughTorso is a jewel in the roughTorso is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by frixon28 View Post

Love this last part.

The court also added this gem of a reason in its dismissal of the case: "The callow youth featured in the commercial is a highly improbable pilot, one who could barely be trusted with the keys to his parents' car, much less the prize aircraft of the United States Marine Corps."

So many DCS pilots would easily be in that cat ...lol.
Torso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 07:58 AM   #1565
shagrat
ED Translator

Reputation power: 43
shagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torso View Post
Love this last part.

The court also added this gem of a reason in its dismissal of the case: "The callow youth featured in the commercial is a highly improbable pilot, one who could barely be trusted with the keys to his parents' car, much less the prize aircraft of the United States Marine Corps."

So many DCS pilots would easily be in that cat ...lol.
That is funny, during WW II they had no problems sending "callow youth" into combat and trust them with their prize war machinery...

Being trusted with a commercial Airliner seem to not require old age as well.
(https://www.pilotcareernews.com/what...airline-pilot/).

In general you can start flying training and your first solo/get a license as a teenager.
(...)"Pilots can begin training at any age and can solo balloons and gliders from age 14, and powered aircraft from age 16."(...)

And that isn't just on paper, a friend of mine from back in school, started flying gliders at the age of 13 and made his license at 16/17 (not 100% sure).

Now the military usually has an age limit for their pilot training program, an UPPER limit, usually.

So I would say the judges decision was a sorry excuse to cover Pepsi's ass, in this case.

- Flying Sims since 1984 -
Win 7 | i7 2600K@4.4GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB - Acer XB280HK 28" 4k | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat
TM HOTAS Warthog
custom build extension | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | TM Cougar MFDs | 2 Somikon 7" screens for the MFDs...| a hand made UFC
shagrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 08:06 AM   #1566
Soundwave197

Reputation power: 0
Soundwave197 is on a distinguished road

Does the harrier use a hotas system like the A-10c? Every important funktion on the throttle and stick.
Soundwave197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 08:47 AM   #1567
MikeMikeJuliet

Reputation power: 5
MikeMikeJuliet is a jewel in the roughMikeMikeJuliet is a jewel in the roughMikeMikeJuliet is a jewel in the roughMikeMikeJuliet is a jewel in the roughMikeMikeJuliet is a jewel in the roughMikeMikeJuliet is a jewel in the roughMikeMikeJuliet is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave197 View Post
Does the harrier use a hotas system like the A-10c? Every important funktion on the throttle and stick.
There is a separate thread about it with the answer on the first page of the Harrier subforum:
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=190292

Regards,
MikeMikeJuliet
MikeMikeJuliet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 02:54 PM   #1568
Soundwave197

Soundwave197 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMikeJuliet View Post
There is a separate thread about it with the answer on the first page of the Harrier subforum:
thanks!
Soundwave197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 01:35 PM   #1569
horus-DCS

horus-DCS is on a distinguished road

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
horus-DCS is offline   Reply With Quote