Invitation to JTAC training

NECK

When's the next one? Might throw my hat in as our Squadron could use some coordination! ;)

EVGA GTX1080TISC2 Black Hybrid Cooler, Asus Strix X399, Water cooled ThreadRipper 1920X, Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz,NVME Samsung 250/500GB SSDs, Corsair Air 740 case, Acer Predator 34' Gsync curved display + 3x Alienware 23inch 120hz monitors. TM HOTAS, RAZER - Tiamat,Blackwidow, Mamba, Tartarus and Oculus Rift CV1/DK2 + TrackIR5, MFG crosswinds

Oh and a very understanding wife.

Thanks to Yurgon, SageOT, Doughboy, Robin_Hood, WHOGX5 and

blacknight3022 for attendance on the JTAC theory and practical events this weekend.

It was a lot of reading, preparing, and much stuff to learn, but I think everyone did a great job, which is also the feedback from the CAS pilots who were able to support during the CAS practical sessions. A good dedication and a willingness to learn about the JTAC/CAS field were an excellent startpoint for going through the stuff we did this weekend.

I hope everyone enjoyed it, and that it added value to your overall DCS experience. I also hope this new JTAC/CAS knowledge is also something that can add value to your own organizations and the DCS community at large during other DCS events.

I thank everyone for the positive attitude, and I want to welcome all the attendees back for more training or combat events whenever you have the time and willingness to be a JTAC.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes

turned skyward for there you have been, and there you will always long to return"

Neck.png

132nd Public documents - Want to apply? - 132nd Youtube channel - 132nd Discord Channel

When's the next one? Might throw my hat in as our Squadron could use some coordination! ;)

I am open to conduct more of these events. Let me know in a PM what your available times are, and we can look into scheduling more sessions.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes

turned skyward for there you have been, and there you will always long to return"

Neck.png

132nd Public documents - Want to apply? - 132nd Youtube channel - 132nd Discord Channel

Thanks to Yurgon, SageOT, Doughboy, Robin_Hood, WHOGX5 and

blacknight3022 for attendance on the JTAC theory and practical events this weekend.

It was a lot of reading, preparing, and much stuff to learn, but I think everyone did a great job, which is also the feedback from the CAS pilots who were able to support during the CAS practical sessions. A good dedication and a willingness to learn about the JTAC/CAS field were an excellent startpoint for going through the stuff we did this weekend.

I hope everyone enjoyed it, and that it added value to your overall DCS experience. I also hope this new JTAC/CAS knowledge is also something that can add value to your own organizations and the DCS community at large during other DCS events.

I thank everyone for the positive attitude, and I want to welcome all the attendees back for more training or combat events whenever you have the time and willingness to be a JTAC.

Has this been recorded? Would love to watch it.

5e Escadre Virtuelle du Canada / 5 Virtual Wing of Canada

Intel i9-9900KF - 8 Cores/16 Threads - 3,6/5,0GHZ / 48GB RAM / Crucial P3 Plus 2TB 3D NAND NVMe M.2 SSD / Crucial P5 1TB 3D NAND NVMe Internal SSD / WD Gold 2TB Enterprise Class HDD / NVIDIA RTX 3090 / HP Reverb G2 / HOTAS Warthog / F/A-18C Hornet HOTAS ADD-ON Grip / WINWING Super Taurus Throttle / Saitek PRO Flight Combat Rudder Pedals / Win 10 Pro

Modules owned: P-51D, F-86F, A-10C, M-2000C, F-5E, F-15C, F/A-18C, F-16C

Maps: NTTR, Persian Gulf, Syria.

DANG, I missed this thread somehow, I would have loved to attended, subscribing,,,,

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

I have tried to cut the video from the 3+ hours raw footage into a more comprehensive video.

It should show the general flow from Taxi, takeoff, checking with AWACS, up to the CAS flow.

I hope you enjoy it. I fly only in the rift, so please do excuse the camera shake, and jitter that comes with recording VR gameplay

Edited by EntropySG
spelling

• 2 years later...

The 132nd Virtual Wing is opening recruitment for dedicated A10-C pilots again. Although we train for and fly all mission profiles (AR, SCAR, etc), the focus of our A10 squadron is on Close Air Support featuring human JTACs.

(In addition to A10 pilots, we always have room for more JTACs, should you be interested in becoming a JTAC (no matter if you are experienced already or want to start from scratch), we would also be happy to have you on board!)

After completing your Mission Qualification Training (MQT), we offer CAS qualifications up to and including FAC(A)qualification.

If you want to be part of a tightly structured and friendly multiplayer environment that focuses on immersion, realism, and strategy, come and visit us.

Our Training days are Wednesdays at 1900z, and on Sundays we have either Training or Combat missions (completion of MQT is required to participate in our Combat Missions).

To see us in action, please check out our youtube channel; and give us a visit on our website, where you will find all info you need about the recruitment process.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqw...EPIaeUYGoxqnmA

http://132virtualwing.org/

We mainly fly on the Persian Gulf map.

Please note that a good level of English, and a proper microphone setup, are mandatory.

We looking forward to hearing from you!