Some questions about the Early Access product

AMVI_Grape

Hello.

First of all, I would like to say my big thanks to the ED and Belsimtek developer teams for this great project.

I'm sure that they are making the best to allow us to fly the best F/A-18C ever made for a desktop simulation software.

Second. I have the following question:

1 - the SIL (SILent) mode of the A/A radar doesn't function. The radar continues to scan the sky. Is it a bug or a function not yet implemented?

2 - Target Ageing. Even if I set to 32 sec, the target symbol disappears after 2 seconds. Is it a bug or a function not yet implemented?

3 - LTWS (Latent TWS) seems to not working. Is it a bug or a function not yet implemented?

4 - ALE-47 Semi-Automatic and Automatic mode seem to not work. When I press the countermeasure throttle buttons, the MAN1 program is always used. Is it a bug or a function not yet implemented?

Thank you very much if you can dispel my doubts.

Best regards

Alberto

As being as respectful as I can I think that you should hold your opinions until the final product is released. The radar is still under development as is most (or all) of the systems. As a software developer in my real life, I would ask you to look for confirmation of a feature being complete or verified as working before assuming things not working are bugs.

you ought to wait until after the food is cooked before you declare if it tastes wrong or not

in our case there are only a few systems fleshed out and they are pointed out here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3285514&postcount=13

Sensors:

• A/A radar with RWS, STT, and ACM modes

Weapons:

• Mk-82 series
  • Mk-83 series
  • Mk-84 series
  • CBU-99 and Mk-20 Cluster Bombs
  • BDU-33 Training Bomb
  • BDU-45 Training Bomb
  • 2.75 inch rockets
  • 5 inch rockets
  • 20mm cannon
  • AIM-9L/M and CATM Sidewinder
  • AIM-7F/M Sparrow

in addition to very fundamental things like the fcs and mechanical systems

ed has already made it clear what they are accountable for in this initial release, everything else is wip.

As being as respectful as I can I think that you should hold your opinions until the final product is released. The radar is still under development as is most (or all) of the systems. As a software developer in my real life, I would ask you to look for confirmation of a feature being complete or verified as working before assuming things not working are bugs.

What are you talking about? He asked if something is a bug, correct or still WIP. He didn't give an opinion.

I9 9900k @ 5ghz water cooled, 32gb ram, GTX 2080ti, 1tb M.2, 2tb hdd, 1000 watt psu TrackIR 5, TM Warthog Stick and Throttle, CH Pedals

What are you talking about? He asked if something is a bug, correct or still WIP. He didn't give an opinion.

Hello.

Having doubt(a feeling of uncertainty or lack of conviction) about the early access product, sounds like an opinion to me.

Pretty much how I understand it too. A legit question respectfully asked. I read the OP is not certain (doubt) what could be a possible bug, or doubt whether a feature yet is not implemented. :smilewink:

And even if he expressed an opinion viz-a-viz his "doubt," it serves no purpose to "prickly pear" the poor soul. ;)

Edited by WineCape

"This medical officer has used my ship to carry his genitals from port to port, and my officers to carry him from bar to bar" -- British Officer Combat Report

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

| VKB GunFighter II (Rev.B pin) + MCG-Pro | VIRPIL MongoosT-50 | MFG CrossWind | TrackIR5 | MonsterTech Throttle Mount | Win10Pro | MSI GTX 1660Ti | i7-4790K CPU | 16GB RAM | 1080p/144Hz Monitor | DCS on Samsung SSD 850 Pro |

Absolutely!

So let's better close the bug forum since nothing works anway? The forum is (among other reasons of course) here to ask about such things, point out possible bugs and clarify things.

Furthermore the OP seems to be well aware of the fact that he has an early access product (as he clearly stated in the title)

I think if you read carefully, the OP asked if they were bugs or not. That is an appropriate post.

I see that most of you had read correctly what I want to say (and ask). :thumbup:

Thank you very much Wags for this anticipation. It's difficult for me to understand if some lack (I'm only the official NATOPS manual that it's easily searchable on Google) is depending on my insufficient knowledge of the product or if it's a feature that is missing for now or is a bug of the software.

I hope that in the new version of the Early Access guide the already implemented functions will be more clearly indicated (or viceversa). :thumbup:

Dear friends, I have another question.

When I press the TIMEUFC on the HSI and then LOTD on the UFC, I don't see the current local time on the HUD. Is it correct? I'm expecting that I'm able to see the local time as the zulu time.

Having doubt(a feeling of uncertainty or lack of conviction) about the early access product, sounds like an opinion to me.

i-find-your-lack-of-faith-disturbing-16786928.png

Lighten up, dude.:music_whistling:

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

I fully agree. With respect or without respect. People do not see the difference of judgment and question. You can clearly see that he is in need of help and asked questions.

JB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel® Core™ i7-6850 CPU@3.60GHz @4.068

Asus ROG STRIX X99 GAMING ATX Motherboard

64 bit operation System- RAM 32.0 GB

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 WindForce OC 8GB

- Disk Drives KINGSTON SVP200S37A 1tb/WDC WD 10EZEX-00ZF5A0 - Samsung ssd 1tb 840 series.

- 3 Samsung 27"SyncMaster 3D Game monitors - Windows 8.1 Pro - TM Hotas Warthog-Trackir5 pro-Saitek Rudder Pedals-Cougar MFD.

Hello.

First of all, I would like to say my big thanks to the ED and Belsimtek developer teams for this great project.

I'm sure that they are making the best to allow us to fly the best F/A-18C ever made for a desktop simulation software.

Second. I have the following question:

1 - the SIL (SILent) mode of the A/A radar doesn't function. The radar continues to scan the sky. Is it a bug or a function not yet implemented?

2 - Target Ageing. Even if I set to 32 sec, the target symbol disappears after 2 seconds. Is it a bug or a function not yet implemented?

3 - LTWS (Latent TWS) seems to not working. Is it a bug or a function not yet implemented?

4 - ALE-47 Semi-Automatic and Automatic mode seem to not work. When I press the countermeasure throttle buttons, the MAN1 program is always used. Is it a bug or a function not yet implemented?

Best regards

Alberto

Page 111 (RWS DATA) of the Early Access Manual talks about things like Target Ageing, Color, Latent TWS. But the section did not clarify that most of them are not implemented yet. Even the video tutorial on A2A Radar BVR (

) by Grim Reaper had to test them to find out that they were not working (yet).

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4
HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 |
My Files | Windows 10 Home x64