CombatFlite -- a flight planning tool - Page 23 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-13-2018, 04:40 PM   #221
Viper39

Quote:
Originally Posted by OperatorJack View Post
I did explain it poorly.

What I'm asking is if I want to plan a flight for a multiplayer mission where I am not the host or mission maker, and there' isn't normally flight plans for the aircraft, will I be able to do that through this tool?

As in, join a server like Dynamic Caucasus/Blue Flag, and use the tool to plan my flight prior to startup and takeoff?
You will be able to plan your flight of course. But as was mentioned, only the Viggen supports data cartridges at the moment. Thus, for other aircraft, you would have to either punch in the coordinates into the aircraft systems manually, or navigate according to the map or beacons (TACAN, NDB, VOR...). Either way, you can take advantage of the kneeboard generated in CombatFlite (maps, datacard etc.), which you can save into your Saved Games\...\Kneeboard folder and use in-game.

YouTube Channel
Viper39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 04:54 PM   #222
Viper39

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallsignFrosty View Post
Will this be payware? BECAUSE I WANT TO THROW MONEY AT IT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's the consensus so far. But I'll make a decision about payware/freeware in the coming weeks (there's some bureaucracy connected with it).

YouTube Channel
Viper39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 05:21 PM   #223
Furia
Veteran

Does that means we should assume the release wont happen in "several weeks"?
Old 06-13-2018, 05:38 PM   #224
Holton181

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper39 View Post
That's the consensus so far. But I'll make a decision about payware/freeware in the coming weeks (there's some bureaucracy connected with it).
An alternative to payware if it involves too much bureaucracy, but still generates money is "donationware". Put up a PayPal account for users to donate whatever they find reasonable.
Less obligations I believe than with payware too. The goodwill principles goes both ways, users pay what they find suitable and you do whatever support/development as you find manageable/reasonable/doable/fun/etc...
If the interest among users to donate is too small, your engagement in de project can decline without you feeling too bad about it. And the other way around, many people donating might motivate you in your dedication (not only due to the economical aspect, but the extra confirmation from users for your hard work).
i7-3820 3.60GHz
P9X79 Pro
32GB
GTX 670 2GB
VG278H + a Dell
PFT Lynx
TrackIR 5
Holton181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 06:15 PM   #225
Furia
Veteran

That is a great idea Holton181
Old 06-14-2018, 04:07 PM   #226
toilet2000

Or even setup a Patreon!

People can vote on new features or can see upcoming changes, test beta builds and everything if they're Patreon subscribers, or something along those lines!
toilet2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 06:02 PM   #227
Bad Idea Hat

Looks like Paypal is 2.9% plus 30 cents a transaction, and Patreon is 2.9% plus 35 cents a transaction.
Bad Idea Hat is offline   Reply With Quote