J-11A campaign [Red Knight]

J-11A campaign Red Knight V1.12

NOTE:

TO PLAY THIS CAMPAIGN,

YOU MUST RUN IN DCS OPENBETA , HIGHTER THAN 2.5.1.

DCS 2.5 (ALSO STEAM VERSION) NOT OFFER YOU TO PLAY J11A NOW. ( 11/6/18 )

41344316074_8ee3906e94_o.jpg

42312343762_a21e74d79b_o.png

41605552404_85b96b5f3a_o.jpg

BACKGROUND:

A J-11A campaign based on a fictional story:

The pro-Russian forces in Georgia won the election and will soon come to power.

China also plans to open up a new Silk Road via Pakistan-Iran-Georgia-Ukraine.

In order to prevent Georgia from inflicting opposition, the U.S.-backed Georgian opposition was armed and civil war broke out.

The United States immediately dispatched an aircraft carrier battle group to the Black Sea.

Turkey, which could not stand alone against Russia, also decided to participate in this operation.

Afterwards, the two parties announced joint military exercises respectively.

Both time and place are highly similar.

The confrontation between the two major national groups kicked off.

================================================================

Campaign introduction

Totally 10 missions in this campaign

Support English\Chinese

Full Chinese Voice (V1.10)

Mission Briefing Pic (V1.10)

Difficulty: Hard

Average mission play time: 25 mins

Most of Enemy fighter will not show on F10 map

No label

You must Successfully RTB in every mission.

==========================================================

From Author

Three weeks of production and tested more than 20 times, Campaign is finally completed.

I wish to create a campaign which worth you to play many times.

Which also means, the difficulty will be HARD to get 100 scores.:smilewink:

You need to challenge Night fly, Low fly, Etc.

I wish to hear your voice! :thumbup:

=============================================================

How to use

DL all ZIP files from:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/cn/files/3302415/

unzip them,

move folder [Red Knight] to your

username\saved games\DCS\Missions\Campaigns\en\

==============================================================

Change log

Three weeks of production and tested more than 20 times, Campaign is finally completed.

Sorry for frequently update.

Will no further update unless any bug report.

V1.12

Some bug fix.

V1.11

1.Make you easier to destory birdge in mission 2.

2.Changed enemy apprea time to make game play easier in mission 5/7/10.

3.Fixed mission briefing pic error in mission 2/9.

4.Fixed voice error in mission 2/7/8.

V1.10

1.Added full Chinese voice.

2.Added Mission Briefing Pic

3.Changed score rule to make sure you will never be forced back to previous stage.

4.Changed lots of info to match voice.

5.Changed some stage's weather.

6.Many small bug fix.

V1.01

mission 1:

1.changed enemy appear time.

mission 2:

1.fixed a bug that if you missed first shoot at bridge you will not have chance to destroy it.

2.fixed a bug that you can only call smoke mark one time.

mission 5:

1.fixed an info error.

2.changed score rule.

mission 6:

1.fixed an info error.

mission 7:

1.changed enemy appear time.

mission 9:

1.fixed a bug that "Random location" not work on S300

1. Added 3 missions and campaign is completed.

2. Many bug fix

3. Reduced the difficulty of mission 5 again and increased difficulty of mission 7

4. Improved Mission briefing.

5. Removed Mig29s and Su27 for player to choice.

6. Changed score rule.

1. Reduced the difficulty of mission 5

1. Fixed error in mission 5

1. Many bug fix.

1. bug fix.

2. added 2 mission.

3. new score rule.

1. Fixed some errors in mission 1&3.

1. Fixed some info in mission 1.

2. Fixed the bug that J11A dead will not end the mission in mission 2.

3. Fixed some info and trigger errors in mission 3.

4. Fixed the error that F16 will crash in mission 4.

Edited by sixm
update 1.12

Thanks for doing this, probably the first J-11A campaign!

I just played the first mission and noticed that the F10 menu was in Chinese. Luckily I guessed that the short entry was RTB and the other one "Continue Mission " or something but this may get tricky with more complicated stuff :-)

Thanks for doing this, probably the first J-11A campaign!

I just played the first mission and noticed that the F10 menu was in Chinese. Luckily I guessed that the short entry was RTB and the other one "Continue Mission " or something but this may get tricky with more complicated stuff :-)

Thanks man.

I found it and will fix this.

BTW,

Mission 1 is not the mission i was planned to make :huh:

Some weird error exist in 2.5.16543, i had to change plan :noexpression:

Anyway thanks for your advise!

• 2 weeks later...

I restarted the campaign because I wanted to see what's changed :-)

But I noticed that the missions in this thread are different than what's on Google Drive. Which one is the latest version?

Thanks!

I restarted the campaign because I wanted to see what's changed :-)

But I noticed that the missions in this thread are different than what's on Google Drive. Which one is the latest version?

Thanks!

I just checked,

Those 2 zip files are all the ....same, both latest 1.01 and 10 missions,

can't find any different :huh:

I only managed two missions so far (not much time to fly) and it's been a lot of fun but one thing that is kind of frustrating is that if you fail a mission it makes you re-do the previous mission. I don't mind re-doing the failed missions until successful but I would prefer that a failure would not drop me to the previous stage.

I just checked,

Those 2 zip files are all the ....same, both latest 1.01 and 10 missions,

can't find any different :huh:

You're right, I didn't notice that the link has changed and was using the old one. Sorry for the noise.

I only managed two missions so far (not much time to fly) and it's been a lot of fun but one thing that is kind of frustrating is that if you fail a mission it makes you re-do the previous mission. I don't mind re-doing the failed missions until successful but I would prefer that a failure would not drop me to the previous stage.

Well I see.

Seems you choice the "Close" in finished window, then game will tell you "Your progress will be lost".

Don't choice that, choice "End mission", then it will be ok to continue from your progress anytime.

Seems you choice the "Close" in finished window, then game will tell you "Your progress will be lost".

Don't choice that, choice "End mission", then it will be ok to continue from your progress anytime.

No, that's not it. I am aware of the "Close" vs "End Mission" difference, but in this case not only the progress is lost but in addition it drops me back to previous mission.

For example, after I succeed in mission 1, I advance to mission 2. Then if I die in mission 2, my score will be 0 like in the attached screenshot. 0 means go back to previous stage, so I have to re-fly mission 1.

From the User's Manual (Campaign Builder section):

If mission total values are 49 or lower, the player will fall back one stage. If the value is 50, they stay in the same stage. If the mission total value is 51 or above, the player will advance to the next stage.

So, in sequential campaign, a mission should have a score of 50 on failure and more than 50 on success. Anything less than 50 will result in going backwards, so should never be used (in a sequential campaign).

score.thumb.png.898b72dc4e0f0315ffbf507c2ad7dd8e.png

No, that's not it. I am aware of the "Close" vs "End Mission" difference, but in this case not only the progress is lost but in addition it drops me back to previous mission.

For example, after I succeed in mission 1, I advance to mission 2. Then if I die in mission 2, my score will be 0 like in the attached screenshot. 0 means go back to previous stage, so I have to re-fly mission 1.

From the User's Manual (Campaign Builder section):

So, in sequential campaign, a mission should have a score of 50 on failure and more than 50 on success. Anything less than 50 will result in going backwards, so should never be used (in a sequential campaign).

Thanks for your feedback!

Now I know it's a huge bug. :(

All score rule must be reset. :cry:

Sorry for this mistake.

I will correct it within this week.

Good news is next update will include full voice and mission Briefing pic.

I like the briefing maps and voice overs. Of course I don't speak Chinese but it's great for immersion. I wish AWACS could be in Chinese too (instead of Russian) but probably there is not much that can be done about it.

I am playing the English version (need the subtitles...) but what language does AWACS speak in the Chinese version?

I like the briefing maps and voice overs. Of course I don't speak Chinese but it's great for immersion. I wish AWACS could be in Chinese too (instead of Russian) but probably there is not much that can be done about it.

I am playing the English version (need the subtitles...) but what language does AWACS speak in the Chinese version?

Chinese AWACS in game (KJ2000) say Chinese but there is a data-link problem between Chinese and Russian plane.

Some Russian fighters can link to Chinese AWACS, like Su27, but some doesn't (like Mig31), so if use Chinese AWACS you can't see all your alliance fighters on your MFCD.

So far I just set Chinese AWACS, KJ2000 in mission 6.

I am considering to give Chinese AWACS and other J11A more chance to show up as your friendly forces .

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

A campaign for the J-11! I have been looking for one for ages, thank you!

If you search for "J-11" in the Missions and Campaigns forum it doesn't find anything. sixm this is of course your work and you should do as you please, but wouldn't uploading it in the user files make it easier to find?

• 2 weeks later...
A campaign for the J-11! I have been looking for one for ages, thank you!

If you search for "J-11" in the Missions and Campaigns forum it doesn't find anything. sixm this is of course your work and you should do as you please, but wouldn't uploading it in the user files make it easier to find?

Thanks for your support.

I want to upload to "user files" but you may know there is no "J-11A" this unit for your choice,

maybe we should tell DCS, let them add J-11A to unit list.

Thanks for your support.

I want to upload to "user files" but you may know there is no "J-11A" this unit for your choice,

maybe we should tell DCS, let them add J-11A to unit list.

You can always upload it in the "other" category. I made a couple of things for the J-11 and that's what I did. However, uboats just sent a request to ED to add the J-11 category, so hopefully we should see have it soon

You can always upload it in the "other" category. I made a couple of things for the J-11 and that's what I did. However, uboats just sent a request to ED to add the J-11 category, so hopefully we should see have it soon

Thank you, I will upload this campaign to user file once they add J-11A.

BTW, please tell me if you find any bug in this campaign :thumbup:

• 3 months later...

Hi sixm, I finally managed to get around to start playing your campaign and I am loving it! I also like the fact the you didn't set all the missions at noon, so we can get some nice lighting, excellent idea. Anyway, I just found a bug in mission 4.

Since the updated flight model the Su-33 cannot take off from the carrier with a full load, so they just sink right away. They need 50% fuel and only 6 or so missiles.