Community Development Team Announcement

The title of the thread is "Community Development Team Announcement", what part can the community play? Is the team closed, is the source open? Its there an public team site?

1. The community can participate in our efforts to release aircraft as the need arises. Right now the need is focused on modeling and FM development.

2. The team is invite only and the criteria is not set in stone. If you have a skill set that we are in need of you will surely be invited. Just contact me anytime.

3. The site we are using is not open as of yet. We are in the process of acquiring out 3rd Party Dev status with the producers and ED. Till then our site is secret on Facebook. Once we find out what we can say based on the NDA we will gladly open the site up. We hope to obtain our forum project thread in the Dev section soon and that will be were most of the communication come from.

The first two projects are going to be free to you all. We are in the learning as we go phase but we are capturing lessons learned. Those will be made available to the Community.

I hope I answered your questions.

The current team VRC Roster:

[TABLE]Name -- VRC Role

CptSmiley -- Flight Dynamics / Integrator

Gecko6 -- Product / Release Manager

Ich666 -- Lead Modeler

Joey45 -- Texture Artist / Tester

Lovac -- Coder / Tester

Raptor -- Coder / Tester

Spiderpig -- Mod Packaging / Research /Tester

Simast -- Coder / Tester

Skate Zila -- Lead Modeler / Integrator[/TABLE]

Some members have not consented to releasing their affiliations at this time.

We are also in the process of designing a VRC logo to identify team members.

Disclaimer: Team members are participating on their own accord and are not paid. So harassment will not be tolerated nor will it be acknowledged.

Everyone here at VRC is doing this because we want to support the Community on our own time and when our family, jobs, daily life allows us the do so.

Respect is key!

• 1 month later...

I pray it's a 58D. "It is a single seat air frame that does have a copilot seat but very rarely utilized." I guess in terms of the sim, it would be.

"So we are making it single only to speed up development time. Later on we plan to update her to take advantage of the second seat as a gunner role." If by 'gunner', you mean shooting out the door with an M4.

"It is a muli-mission bird but does not have the legs or payload to fight very long." Full bladder, only like 2.5 hours of sustainability. Payload-wise, looking at only like 7 hydras and 350 .50 rounds. And that's without a full fuel load. Usually like 4 hydras.

I know it's not going to be the Kiowa, but I'm gonna keep up the hope that it is.

• 3 years later...
  • 6 months later...

community dev --- "coding"

Hi i am not a expert programmer but i know how to programme i would like to be a community developer product programmer and help in the coding i need some help in getting started.

So you can count on me.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

---- " In Peace.....Prepare to War "--------

Wishlist : F-4 Phantom / F-20 TigerShark / Su-34

Processor Core i7 4790, 32 Gb RAM, 2 Tb SSHD, GTX 750 2Gb, 1920X1080 Gaming Monitor, Senze Joypad, Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit, VMware Workstation 12 for WindowsXP with Office 2007 and Linux OpenSUSE for Net Access.

• 3 years later...