6 mo with DCS. Great sim. Still don't know a few things. Help : )

redmantab

I always do cold starts, I too love the immersion. I have a less powerful computer than you, and run VR too. Have you bound a button to VR zoom? that helps immensely in reading labels and such.

The P-51 you get for free is an unarmed trainer version. Afaik there is no campaign for that.

What jet should you get? good question!

A-10C : slow, intricate; lots of systems to learn and ways to make things go boom. Bind a VR zoom button because you will spend a lot of time poring over a screen in your cockpit.

AV-8B : fast, also quite a bunch of avionics, very interesting aerodynamics (its a VSTOL jump jet) but isn't entirely done yet, so some systems missing or buggy.

Mirage 2000C : fast as heck. Mostly a fighter but can do some A/G. Nicely detailed systems too but nothing too complicated.

F-5E : quick and nimble little jet. Startup is an involved process but has very few avionics to deal with (no radar or targetting pod). Very nice to fly in VR due to nice cockpit and gunfighter role.

These are the jets I'd reccomend to you.

Afaik there are no two seater co-op jets so far There are a couple jet trainers that allow two seat co-op (L-39). In the (near?) future we're getting the F-14 Tomcat which has two seat co-op as one of its flagship features. also top gun lol.

The Nevada map is pretty and used to be far prettier than Caucasus. Not anymore. Caucasus got updated and is about as nice. I actually prefer it to the dry desert which I find boring. It is nicely detailed tho. Tearing down the Vegas strip in a jet and putting some thousand pounders into the trump tower never gets old.

Good luck and never hesitate to pose questions here or anywhere else! This stuff aint easy ever (neither the planes nor your weird drifting mouse issue)

I was you a few months ago! Schurem answered exactly as I would have. Dont forqet there are helicopters too. I have the Huey which is the easiest to learn and fly, I think. Id get a jetseat SOON too. Makes flying 100 times better and you will fly better with it because youll feel what the aircrafts doing. I prefer the Caucusses map over the rest. It is far and away the prettiest scenery and as was mentioned it is very much improved from what it was 6 months ago. A desert is amdesert is a desert whether it is NTTR or Persian Gulf. Normandy is ok but a little bland and flat. So its the desert with trees. Dont forget the ships start messing about with the mission editor. It stumped me cold for a long while and still does for scripts and triggers BPUT, having said that, putting whatever you want to fly wherever you want to fly it is simple with some basic instruction. DCS has come a long way in 6 months!

i7-7700K, 32GB DDR4, 525GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080Ti 11GB, Liquid Cooling, Win 10, Warthog HOTAS, TPR Pedals, HP Reverb, Oculus Rift with Touch, Jetseat and bass shakers, PointCTRL, and Scale F-14B Cockpit

VR Zoom- from the main DCS screen go to the controls menu, in the aircraft selection tab go to the bottom where it says ui layer. Bind one of your buttons easily accesed by one of your thumbs that you pull back toward to the recenter VR. Bind the forward motion of that same button to VR zoom. I use the throttle thumb hat.

As far as the map, you can zoom in and out with the mouse wheel or the control buttons on the screen. Drag the map around. Play with it.

Best advice is watch you tube videos. Even something not exactly what you want to know can teach you new examples and capabilities. Redkite on youtube is an excellent source.

i7-7700K, 32GB DDR4, 525GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080Ti 11GB, Liquid Cooling, Win 10, Warthog HOTAS, TPR Pedals, HP Reverb, Oculus Rift with Touch, Jetseat and bass shakers, PointCTRL, and Scale F-14B Cockpit

Look for the servers that are not password protected. Then click on a server and in the bottom box it will list what aircraft you can fly on the server. Sign on to that server, select your aircraft and youll be in. Start researching SRS (Simple Radio), Teamspeak 3, and Discord for talking to live players in game. With non password sites, usually its open to everyone. Membership not required. Just join and if you are having troubles ask questions!

Start researching OVGME so you can start applying modifications such as aircraft paint jobs!

Research easy communication for DCS. ATC can be set to work only when you have the correct frequencies set in the aircraft. I still only get it right half the time. Sometimes even the correct frequencies, radio selected on, and volume high and they dont respond.

hornet comes out next week , last chance for pre order and save 20 dollars ;)

your welcome.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

You know what, I'm going to take your advice and get a jetseat. Is it jetseat or flightseat? It's funny, I went to the input/output forums here and you'd think it'd be easier to see some options... but there are just random cockpits (all very cool!).

I'm googling jet seats and don't know what to look for. Can anyone make some suggestions? Also, I'd like my left arm to also be able to rest on something while using the seat.

Thank you in advance

https://andres.shop/jetseat/11-jetseat-kw-908-air.html You wont regret it! He has exceptional customer service and support. He just added a mod to the kw908. Not sure what it does. Dont worry about the currency being in Rubles, it will convert (I used PayPal). All in it was about US$190 delivered. Do NOT buy the Wings software. It doesnt support DCS. Do a search here for F410, he built a freeware setup for the DCS jetseats. I bought it because I was confused as to whether I needed it but didnt use it and Andre refunded me immediately. You want to download Simshaker for Aviators to use the KW-908 with DCS. Seems the jetseat took 7-10 days to arrive.

Any pointers for a chair with built in x52 spots? Also, what do most of you VR guys do with lables? I have a voice attack command to turn them on and off but am curious if you customize them somehow?

When I'm flying a mission there can be labels covering the entire screen in vr (and plenty in non vr) that make targeting tough.

Thanks again

Amazon has some mounts that clamp on to the arms of the chair to hold the throttle and one for the stick if you up against a table or desk I think I would go the high priced route of monster clamps iirc the name both are in the forums here check out the input/output forum and the home cockpit and VR&E formuns

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Search for 'VR Labels mod'. Ive lost track of which/what is current. If I have labels, which is practically never, its with that mod. It puts just a grey dot on the screen for you.

• 2 weeks later...
https://andres.shop/jetseat/11-jetseat-kw-908-air.html You wont regret it! He has exceptional customer service and support. He just added a mod to the kw908. Not sure what it does. Dont worry about the currency being in Rubles, it will convert (I used PayPal). All in it was about US$190 delivered. Do NOT buy the Wings software. It doesnt support DCS. Do a search here for F410, he built a freeware setup for the DCS jetseats. I bought it because I was confused as to whether I needed it but didnt use it and Andre refunded me immediately. You want to download Simshaker for Aviators to use the KW-908 with DCS. Seems the jetseat took 7-10 days to arrive.

Trying to order one of these but Andre's shop says that it is "suddenly having an issue with paypal?" LOL, booooo. Really? What issue is there to suddenly have with Pay pal or credit card? If this were my business it would be remedied in minutes.

Any thoughts on where else I can get one of these?

"Secure payment

I accept secure payments using PayPal

The main currency of this e-shop is Ruble (RUB). Prices in other currencies are for customers convenience and reference only. PayPal may take you some fee for currency conversion.

Unfortunately, PayPal merchant-to-merchant payments are restricted in Russia. In such a case please try to pay from some other private account.

Please, don't hesitate to contact me direct in case of any troubles with payments to find a solution."

Have you contacted Andre? Keep in mind the time difference between where you are and he is.

Looks like they are on sale too!!