Moders! AB click sound possible, F-18?

CoBlue

Hello all moders,

For us with no AB detents on throttle it's hard to judge when we are in AB in the F-18C.

Is it possible to mod a click sound for when you're in After Burners in the F-18C? (like in the Viggen).

/Thanx;)

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

+1

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

I'll tell you what I tell everyone - look at the RPM and the fuel flow. Keep the RPM at 99% and if you see a big jump in fuel flow, you're in burner. That's how the real pilot's do it!

Real pilots have an AB detent & I doubt that they look at RPM when flying the meat-ball.

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

When flying the meatball you shouldn't be anywhere near the AB

This and if you're any kind of pilot, you'll see on your gauges with a glance if you're in burner or not.

I9 9900k @ 5ghz water cooled, 32gb ram, GTX 2080ti, 1tb M.2, 2tb hdd, 1000 watt psu TrackIR 5, TM Warthog Stick and Throttle, CH Pedals

You don't need to hear it, feeling it is all it takes. ;)

Feel it? The default DCS soundscape makes it so you cant feel anything. There is next to no audible change in mil to gate in the Hornet. Not to mention that most sounds lack most of the low frequency.

Ill be working on a mod I think for the Hornet soon for the actual engine sounds of things.

Feel it? The default DCS soundscape makes it so you cant feel anything. There is next to no audible change in mil to gate in the Hornet. Not to mention that most sounds lack most of the low frequency.

Ill be working on a mod I think for the Hornet soon for the actual engine sounds of things.

Exactly my point :thumbup:. Good luck! & please post here if you'll make it.

I got a couple of ideas.

1: physically mark your throttle where it goes into burner. With whiteout or something.

2: Use joystick gremlin. It has and option to play a sound when a certain condition is met.

Windows 7 Pro 64bit | Maximus IX Code | i7-7700K@4.20GHz | STRIX GTX1080TI | G.Skill TridentZ RGB 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 3200 | 1TB SSD | CH Fighterstick(two-stage trigger mod) | CH Pro-Throttle | CH Pro-Pedals | TrackIR 5