KA-50 JTAC Training

This is a mission designed for use with my KA-50 JTAC integration.

This is a simple training mission with 2 AFAC's (Predators) and 1 JTAC (Humvee). There are ten groups, each consisting of four vehicles. Threats include IR SAM, AAA, Tanks, Light armour and transport.

Download the KA-50 JTAC mod HERE.

Downloading and playing this mission without it makes no sense...

Good luck!

KA50JTAC_Training.miz

• Like 1

'Frett'

Works perfect. Thanks TurboHog! Im enjoying this new mod!

Works perfect.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

• 2 months later...

I've just got round to trying this but I was rather lost I'm afraid. I tried contacting the three assets on their relevant channels but couldn't get a reply from any of them. Maybe I just need more hand-holding or pointers to show me what I'm supposed to be doing :huh:

I was using 1.2.2 in case that makes any difference.

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

I've just got round to trying this but I was rather lost I'm afraid. I tried contacting the three assets on their relevant channels but couldn't get a reply from any of them. Maybe I just need more hand-holding or pointers to show me what I'm supposed to be doing :huh:

I was using 1.2.2 in case that makes any difference.

The JTAC mod does work with v1.2.2.

In the mod thread read post 73 and the solution in post 75.

If it really doesn't work the mission is probably broken since v1.2.2.

'Frett'

The JTAC mod does work with v1.2.2.

In the mod thread read post 73 and the solution in post 75.

If it really doesn't work the mission is probably broken since v1.2.2.

Ah, thanks. That was probably the problem. I'll give it another try.

If that doesn't work, would loading the mission in the editor and saving it be likely to fix it? I only ask as I've been advised to try this for some other missions that weren't working with newer versions than they were designed for.

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

Is it necessary for the host to have the JTAC mod installed for Ka-50 clients to use JTACs?

I ask because I fly A-10 but my friend I play with most flies the Ka-50 and the last time I tried to put up a JTAC mission for the both of us it didn't work for him.

Not sure if it was him doing it wrong or me not having it.

Warning: Nothing I say is automatically correct, even if I think it is.

Ah, thanks. That was probably the problem. I'll give it another try.

If that doesn't work, would loading the mission in the editor and saving it be likely to fix it? I only ask as I've been advised to try this for some other missions that weren't working with newer versions than they were designed for.

Yes you could try that as well... Check the JTAC units and their tasks.

Is it necessary for the host to have the JTAC mod installed for Ka-50 clients to use JTACs?

I ask because I fly A-10 but my friend I play with most flies the Ka-50 and the last time I tried to put up a JTAC mission for the both of us it didn't work for him.

Not sure if it was him doing it wrong or me not having it.[/QUote]

No, not neccesary. it is probably him I'm afraid. Make sure that you make use of the preset frequencies for the KA50 in the mission. For you friend: a detailed list is in the mod's manual along with instructions on how to use the associated systems.

I can play in any multiplayer and use JTAC as long as the frequencies are ok. And if they are not you can edit them, which is also explained in the manual...

'Frett'

I call check-in, but the JTAC guys never respond. I've double-checked, and I am using the correct R-828 channel. What else do I need to make sure it set up besides the radio equipment?

One thing you have to watch is that you need to press the Tuning button after changing channel on the R-828. That caught me out a couple of times ;)

Yep, I've been doing that. I keep it pressed until the light turns off.

OK, not that then.

The only other things I can think of are make sure the SPU-9 selector switch is set to VHF-1, make sure the VHF-1 switch on the right panel is on and make sure Easy Communication is disabled in Options and that you're opening the radio with the SPU-9 PTT key, which should be RAlt+/ (or AltGr+# on UK keyboards). Check in the Controls mapping that you've got the SPU-9 PTT key mapped (under Ins Cyclic Stick).

• 2 years later...

Has anyone been able to get this mod to work in the latest version of DCSW:BS2 (ver 1.2.14)? I installed this mod with a clean version of DCSW but when I check the radio dialog there are no options to talk to AWAC or JTAC. I tried the mission that is attached to this thread and I made sure the radio is set (push the tuning button until the light goes out) but the AWACS and JTAC dialog is not in the list of choices (ie wingman, flight, ATC).

--Maulkin

Windows 10 64-bit - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 3.7 GHz - 32 GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 - Asus Crosshair VIII Hero motherboard - Samsung EVO Pro 1 TB SSD - TrackIR 4 Pro - Thrustmaster Warthog - Saitek rudder pedals - Lilliput UM-80/C with TM Cougars

• 7 months later...

Mod dooesnt work :(

So First i m noob so please dont bit me to hard Thanks :)

i try to use JTAC mod but doesnt want tro working .i use clean DCS version without any mod

my version is 1.2.16.49.372 For DCS

i use JSGME for install the mod

First try nothing Happend after put R-828 on (No F6-or F7 buttons)

second try i change name of aircraft folder who are different in Mods folder,and this time i have F6 JTAC menu with three options to contact assets but after my speach blabla 250 rounds bla bla what do you have for us ! NOTHING no answer (i m feel really alone at this moment) and No F7 button option

so i decide to put off JTAC mod with JSGME and install manually in all folders

but after reload game ,same issue .

I try to read many threads in forum but nothing for help me

so easy communication is disable and my right comm pannel VHF-1 is ok :)

for finish i try an old version of mod but after install with JSGME my DCS simply doesnt want to launch.that was solved by switch off the mod :)

so if someone have an idea that will be great i really want to use this mods who look awsome

• 5 months later...

I finally got this to work. There was a problem with the original mission file in that the JTAC frequency was not set in one of the presets for the R-828 (VHF-1). This can only be done in the mission editor. I set mine to preset #7. I have also added more fuel and some more weapons as the original mission gave me guns only. I have attached the modified mission to this post.

To use the JTAC you perform the following actions:

1- set SPU-9 radio selector to VHF-1

2- using the R-828 (VHF-1) channel selector set the channel to preset 7. This has been configured by the ground crew (mission editor) to 40MHz.

3- press the R-828 tuner button. A yellow light will turn on. Keep pressing the button until the light goes out.

At this point you can call the JTAC (firefly) and request a mission. A lat/long coordinates are given which might look like this: 42'41.417 and 41'40.065. Write this down

4- On the PVI-800 navigation pannel set the PVI master mode to edit.

5- press the NAV TGT button and then the number '1'. This will be creating a new nav target #1.

6- on the keypad there is a zero with a plus above it (henceforth referred to as '0+'). Press that once to be able to start editing the first line and input the first coordinate given. You will not be able to input the last two numbers so in the above example I entered 42414.

7- press '0+' to go to the next line (there is no indication you have succeeded in doing this)

8- press '0+' again to start the second line with a zero. For some reason the second coordinate must always start with a zero.

9- enter the second set of digits. As before you will only get the first 5 numbers so in my example I entered 41401

10- at this point the ENTER key will light up. Press that button to save the target point.

11- set the PVI master mode selector back to 'Oper' mode.

At this point you should fly to the waypoint to the north. Once you get there go into hover mode and perform the following:

12- On the PVI press the NAV TGT button followed by '1'. The PVI display should show the coordinates you entered earlier and the ABRIS will have a box with a 1 in it blinking on the map display. If you cannot see it you might need to zoom out the map a bit.

13- Uncage the SHKVAL (default 'O' key) and the camera should immediately pan down to the target point and you should see the vehicles that the JTAC has you tasked against. It is not exact so you might have to pan around a little bit.

KA50JTAC_Training.miz

Edited by Maulkin

--Maulkin

Windows 10 64-bit - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 3.7 GHz - 32 GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 - Asus Crosshair VIII Hero motherboard - Samsung EVO Pro 1 TB SSD - TrackIR 4 Pro - Thrustmaster Warthog - Saitek rudder pedals - Lilliput UM-80/C with TM Cougars