109 Campaign?

Surrexen

There was this old post from Wags in the Epsom campaign forum, but there is nothing on their roadmap yet. If they improved the damage model - I've read they intended to start on the Spitfire as a testbed, and if such a campaign saw the day, it would be awesome!

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

I would love to see some campaigns ported from that older famous ww2 sim which were called "Luftwaffe Pilot". Maybe someone knows them there were a couple of them on mission4today site. Luftwaffe Pilot : Legion Kondor, Battle of Britain, Afrika! and Defence of the Reich. I really enjoyed those campaigns back in the day, you took the role of Willi Jedermann and start with a couple of training missions in different aircraft, till you get your first 109 and join the condor legion in the spanish civil war. After that you get into different squadrons and take on your duty. All of those are really good write ups with a lot of story and good briefings. Those would be so immersive in dcs, maybe someone have the time to recreate them.

Specs:WIN10, I7-4790K, ASUS RANGER VII, 16GB G.Skill DDR3, GEFORCE 1080, NVME SSD, SSD, VIRPIL T-50 THROTTLE, K-51 COLLECTIVE, MS FFB2 (CH COMBATSTICK MOD), MFG CROSSWINDS, JETPAD, RIFT S

Modules:A10C, AH-64D, AJS-37, AV8B, BF109K4, CA, F/A18C, F14, F5EII, F86F, FC3, FW190A8, FW190D9, KA50, L39, M2000C, MI8TV2, MI24P, MIG15BIS, MIG19P, MIG21BIS, MIRAGE F1, P51D, SA342, SPITFIRE, UH1H, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, CHANNEL, SYRIA

Thrustmaster TWCS Afterburner Detent
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=223776

My Frankenwinder ffb2 stick

That's pretty good news, comes just in time for the new cockpit hopefully! Now we only need the damage model upgrade :thumbup:

But the Bf-109 is also a great airplane, with a bit of luck we'll see if Wags has something in reserve for it.

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

Well, I guess a campaign for a Spitfire IX or P-51D over Normandy makes more sense, even though adversaries are what they are, than a Bf190K4 campaign in a scenery where it doesn't belong (blame Luthier for that).

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

We should at least make a interceptor / nightfighter campaign. People on the internet are already making jokes about DCS because of this. Normandy Map + assets + 109 = 100$ but no missions because it's a -K

Right on!

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

We should at least make a interceptor / nightfighter campaign. People on the internet are already making jokes about DCS because of this. Normandy Map + assets + 109 = 100$ but no missions because it's a -K

So why did they choose K model if they knew it wasn't in the right setting. To be clear I don't give a fig if it's historically accurate or not, I'd just treat it like a 109 and it wouldnt break immersion in the slightest, but still I know a large proportion of WW2 simmers are strongly opposed to aircrafts flying in the wrong places. Is it a very old module or something created back before the WW2 theatre was even a thing?

------------

3080Ti, i5- 13600k 32GB  VIVE index, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, BKicker,

So why did they choose K model if they knew it wasn't in the right setting.

I think the DCS 109 existed before the Normandy environment? Could be wrong...

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Yes...

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Here was the initial plan:

It was already planned to have the K-4 and the Normandy map, in a 1944 environment, so perhaps at the time of the kickstarter they thought 1944 = Normandy, latest 109 = K-4 (even though it was very late in '44), then simply stuck with it?