Capt Zeen F/A-18C Beta Helios Profile ! ! !

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the update today, the MFDs on the second screen are not easy to read and the labels near the buttons are impossible to read. Oh well, one step forward and one step back.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

I am experiencing the same problem as Sobe.

My DDIs have reverted to the previous thin/faint lettering. Not as bad as they were originally before amending the AMPCD_ini.lua line from "shaderLineDrawAsWire = false" to "shaderLineDrawAsWire = true", but worse than before this latest update.

Needless to say the Stable version is still fine.

I also cannot find changes to any of the lines amended by Capt Zeen in his mod.

Same here, these are my exports now, which worked flawlessly before the update:

QfNbSm5.jpg

xAUUhmH.jpg

If I set the first parameter "shaderLineParamsUpdatable" to false it's playable, but worse than before.

Is this even something we can fix ourselves?

After the patch:

DPI1Ejy.jpg

Ok....

ED has activated the viewport export for the DDI in this patch, so we dont need to overwrite those luas anymore.

So.. what you need to do?

-First, remove the monitor configuration lua files from DCS using JSGME or OVGME ( probably you installed the files with one of those programs)

-Now, in the folder monitor_configuration of the profile package, you need to delete the folder MDI_IP1556A from Monitor configuration\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Cockpit\Scripts\Multipurpose_Display_Group

- Edit the AMPCD_init.lua and set shaderLineDrawAsWire = false

- Now you can install again the modifications using JSGME or OVGME.

In the 2_monitors-FA18C.lua you need to change F18_LEFT by LEFT_MFCD

and F18_RIGHT by RIGHT_MFCD. Thats the names ED uses in his files.

With this changes you will see something similar to my screenshot

Edited by Capt Zeen

Fantastic. Thanks for the quick response. I think thousands of flyers were eagerly awaiting your return home to fix the problem.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Thanks !

I don't know If I have understood well, , but surely you'll change the profile for the new patch , Do you ?

Please tell me when It's done, I fear to do something that could broke my Simulator code . . .

Thanks ! ! !

Thanks mate, much appreciated

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

Just installed it and am trying to set it up. I have all of the viewports working except for the UFC. Does this work, or has it been porked by some update?? Just wondering what I am doing wrong??

Also, what is the LEFT_MFCD in the MonitorSetup? I don't see what that is for.

Great work as always Capt!!! Thank you for your time and excellent work!!

EDIT:

I just saw your post above and made those changes. LEFT_MFCD, and RIGHT_MFCD work fine, but the viewports are blurry.

And the UFC does not display anything at all.

What am I doing wrong?

Edited by Snacko

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

I like the left and right DDIs but the button names on the MFCD in the bottom middle are blurry. Post #5 of https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3554661#post3554661 had a suggestion, but I found it too light.

Just installed it and am trying to set it up. I have all of the viewports working except for the UFC. Does this work, or has it been porked by some update?? Just wondering what I am doing wrong??

Also, what is the LEFT_MFCD in the MonitorSetup? I don't see what that is for.

Great work as always Capt!!! Thank you for your time and excellent work!!

EDIT:

I just saw your post above and made those changes. LEFT_MFCD, and RIGHT_MFCD work fine, but the viewports are blurry.

And the UFC does not display anything at all.

What am I doing wrong?

the exported UFC is very dark by default, so turn up the UFC brightness with the button on the cockpit.

Probably related to the bug were the DDI fonts were rendered weirdly if playing at resolutions of >1440p?

I have the blurriness as well but I use a 4K screen.

| i9 12900K |  64GB DDR5-6000 | STRIX RTX 4090 OC | LG 38GN950 38" |

| Hanns-G HT225HPB | TIR 5 & Varjo Aero | Virpil Throttle & Stick | TM TPRs |

You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.

the exported UFC is very dark by default, so turn up the UFC brightness with the button on the cockpit.
Roger, that fixed it!! Thx!!

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

Probably related to the bug were the DDI fonts were rendered weirdly if playing at resolutions of >1440p?

I have the blurriness as well but I use a 4K screen.

Have mine on a 1280x1024 screen, they are blurry also.

Or did you mean the overall resolution of DCS?

sharkfin out!

Support your local AirTransportWing !

Roal Bavarian Airforce all the way

NEW RIGRYZEN 7  5800X3D~ AORUS GTX 1080Ti ~ AORUS X570S Elite AX ~64 GB Corsair Venegance DDR-4 3600 ~ BeQuiet AIO Silent loop 2 360  watercooled ~ Samsung 890 Pro M.2 (2TB) + 870 EVO (1TB) SSD ~ WIN 10 64-bit ~ AOC 31.5" Gaming 144Hz Display ~ DelanClip@TrackIR 5 ~ TM Warthog no.2 ~Saitek rudder pedals~ 2 TM MFDs on 2nd 27"display ~ Buddyfox A-10 UFC ~ CDU/AAP panel via DCSBios ~ ARC-210 (soldering WIP)

Solved: blurry fonts

Just a quick solution concerning blurry fonts on the DDIs:

In ...\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Cockpit\Scripts\Multipurpose_Display_Group\Common\indicator\MDG_strokesDefs.lua

change the follwing values:

Old:

stroke_thickness = 0.8

stroke_fuzziness = 0.5

New:

stroke_thickness = 0.4

stroke_fuzziness = 0.2

This will enhance the fonts and make them more readable.

Pls keep this in mind:

I have have neither tested more/other values nor influences on other fonts (HUD maybe?).

And do not to forget to set shaderLineDrawAsWire back to false. Zeen already made a headsup on this.

Otherwise the fonts will still look garbled, no matter what values you're going to use for the stroke_...

Maybe someone like to support here by testing other values?

Meanwhile I'm going to make a JSGME-file for that viewport stuff. :thumbup:

In ...\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Cockpit\Scripts\Multipurpose_Display_Group\Common\indicator\MDG_strokesDefs.lua

Old:

stroke_thickness = 0.8

stroke_fuzziness = 0.5

New:

stroke_thickness = 0.4

stroke_fuzziness = 0.2

Pls keep this in mind:

I have have neither tested more/other values nor influences on other fonts (HUD maybe?).

And do not to forget to set shaderLineDrawAsWire back to false. Zeen already made a headsup on this.

Otherwise the fonts will still look garbled, no matter what values you're going to use for the stroke_...

Nice work well! Thx :thumbup:

For AMPCD:

DMC_stroke_thickness = 0.4

DMC_stroke_fuzziness = 0.2

in same file

Edited by DArt

Old:

stroke_thickness = 0.8

stroke_fuzziness = 0.5

New:

stroke_thickness = 0.4

stroke_fuzziness = 0.2

I've tried this solution and it works quite perfectly (with different values) for the exports BUT it completely destroyed HUD and to a lesser extent DDIs on the plane: https://i.imgur.com/Dq0v4CN.jpg

Note that above I had set the values as 0.2 and 0.1 respectively.

With 0.4 and 0.2 like suggested it was still quite bold to me, not as my first screenshots (post #104) but still "worng" and the HUD, while readable, was noticeably thinner. DDIs in the plane were OK.

I've tried Cpt's solution after my post but there was no change at all from my starting point unfortunately.

For now I'm using the original files from before the patch, changing only shaderLineParamsUpdatable = false because it's the most playable to me, even if some aliasing was introduced in the DDIs both plane and exports.

Too bad it was perfect before the patch...

Old:

stroke_thickness = 0.8

stroke_fuzziness = 0.5

New:

stroke_thickness = 0.4

stroke_fuzziness = 0.2

Pls keep this in mind:

Rep inbound !!

sharkfin out!

Support your local AirTransportWing !

Roal Bavarian Airforce all the way

NEW RIGRYZEN 7  5800X3D~ AORUS GTX 1080Ti ~ AORUS X570S Elite AX ~64 GB Corsair Venegance DDR-4 3600 ~ BeQuiet AIO Silent loop 2 360  watercooled ~ Samsung 890 Pro M.2 (2TB) + 870 EVO (1TB) SSD ~ WIN 10 64-bit ~ AOC 31.5" Gaming 144Hz Display ~ DelanClip@TrackIR 5 ~ TM Warthog no.2 ~Saitek rudder pedals~ 2 TM MFDs on 2nd 27"display ~ Buddyfox A-10 UFC ~ CDU/AAP panel via DCSBios ~ ARC-210 (soldering WIP)

Worked for me too! Thx!

Sent from my Moto Z Play using Tapatalk

@RightStuff these values would be perfect to play with if they also didn't change the thickness/alpha of the HUD.

Do you know if there is a way to tune the HUD itself with similar values somewhere else?

I searched some HUD-related luas but found nothing...

since

DMC_stroke_thickness = 0.4

DMC_stroke_fuzziness = 0.2

alters only the ampcd

and

stroke_thickness = 0.4

stroke_fuzziness = 0.2

alters everything else

i imagine there must be a name for the you could insert before "stroke" to keep the HUD thick.

example:

HUD_stroke_thickness = 0.8

HUD_stroke_fuzziness = 0.4

that line doesnt work, but if we can figure out what to place here:

XXX_stroke_thickness = 0.8

XXX_stroke_fuzziness = 0.4

then maybe we can make it look good

Hi,

I'm using these export files for a surround monitor,

but for some reason I get the IFEI to start way off the edge of the screen i set for,

i.e. my fourth monitor for instrument start at 6000, and I set it to 6005,

but it starts drawing at around ~6200 ... as if there's a 'tranparent' area to the left of the IFEI that is being drawn.

Anyone has a clue why is that??

Thanks

Callsign   SETUP