Gazelle change log

Pat01

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can you please fix the missiles freezing the game? it seems that I can hear the game running but as missile approaches target the game freezes. CTD.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

<Ver 2.1.x>

Alright this is getting better and better. Thanks guys. :thumbup:

After 10mins flying (damn work getting in the way of flying,.. ).

Pick up feels so much more natural.

My un-coordinated turns are well much more coordinated, feels rock stable even at near 90 deg roll.

I've gone back to no curves/saturation on pitch and can now hold altitude. <That would be no, sorry. :cry:>

Set down also feels more natural but still not sure about this sinking through IGE.

hovering again feels more natural.

When I say natural, I mean way less skidish, It just feels better.

Frag.

Edited by FragBum
<edit>

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

can you please fix the missiles freezing the game? it seems that I can hear the game running but as missile approaches target the game freezes. CTD.

I flew my Trainings-Mission last night to get the grips back on the Gazelle and the TOWs worked fine. Done in the latest 1.5.7

Modules: Well... all of 'em

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VIII Hero | CPU: i7-6700K @ 4.6GHz | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengance LPX DDR4 | GPU: GTX TITAN X (Maxwell) | SSD1: 256GB NVMe SSD System | SSD2: 250GB Games | HDD 4TB WD Red

Are you sure the gazelle was included in that? what does your folder dates say?

I'm running Steam 'DCS World (openbeta)' which was updated to 1.5.7.10872 last week (20-05-2017).

Some of the Gazelle's files were updated and the VCB mode switch fixed, some changes are still to make it to 1.5.7

An easy way to check if you have an updated version is to check the Gazelle Doc folder for "NADIR new features_en.txt" which documents the new 'POL' function.

Note: Missions 1 and 10 of the gazelle campaign were updated at the same time.

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Are you sure the gazelle was included in that? what does your folder dates say?

Some files inside the gazelle folder have been really edited. For example, in gazelle doc folder, I have a new file explaining how to enter polar coordinates to NADIR. I have tested it and it works.

Gents,

I updated Caucasus release to 1.5.7.10872 and took the Gazelle for a short spin just for testing. I would say the NTTR FM physics seem to be implemented into 1.5.7 latest release....right? Anyone to confirm that?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]my rig specs: i7-4790K CPU 4.50GHz, 32GB RAM, 64bit WIN10, NVidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti, SSD+

A10C, UH-1H, M2C, F5E, Gazelle, KA 50, F18C, DCS 2.5x OB

including what is named in update 06/10/2017?

Maybe it´s due to me not beeing a natve english speaker....

"The 1.5.7 update reflects what is in the changelog on 16-17/10/2017" does that mean only what is named in that particular update or what is listed "below" as well (incremental)...that would inlcude a lot more = FM is updated finally.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]my rig specs: i7-4790K CPU 4.50GHz, 32GB RAM, 64bit WIN10, NVidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti, SSD+

A10C, UH-1H, M2C, F5E, Gazelle, KA 50, F18C, DCS 2.5x OB

First post edited

Thanks.

Sweet, wow you guys have been busy. Thanks.

I was going to ask about rotor sound. :thumbup:

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

Some Gazelle FM changes have been made, so here are my findings from before (1.5.7.101) and after (1.5.7.10872), testing, using a template I fly after every update.

Before,

Attitude - pitch /roll, 0/0, no SAS, no gyro, no trim, stick centered, rudder centered, flight straight and level, hands off, speed = 69 kts.

alter pitch.

" , -1 deg. speed = 82 kts.

" , -2 = 94kts.

" , -3 = 98 kts.

" , -4 = 106 kts.

" , -5 = 114 kts.

Direction, pitch/bank, will remain constant, even if you pull collective repeatedly, top to bottom. Rudder not used at any time. All conditions remaining the same.

After.

Similar, except that collective down will produce a roll to the right and up a roll to the left, but used gently, no roll is produced and direction pitch/bank remain the same.

Collective dropped quickly top to bottom at high speed and a complete 360 roll is produced, engine cut out, recover upright and do an auto-rotation with no damage.

Inverted flight.

Before.

Roll inverted @ 10,000', perform left and right rudder turns, 360 left and right rolls, forward and backward loops, hands off stable descent to 1,000' and land normal without damage.

After.

All the same except engine cuts soon after becoming inverted and an auto rotation is performed without damage.

Translational lift.

Lift off and accelerate to 60 kts in a straight line without using the cyclic or trim.

None detected, before and after. Roll/bank remain constant at 0/0.

Lift off, travel to a rooftop, land, lift off and travel back to starting point, without using cyclic or trim.

Before and after, same.

Hover at 1,000', drop collective fully and rapidly, descend vertically, needle off clock, at 10' pull collective and land without using stick.

Before and after, same.

That's the story so far.

No conclusions are drawn.

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..

Before,

Attitude - pitch /roll, 0/0, no SAS, no gyro, no trim, stick centered, rudder centered, flight straight and level, hands off, speed = 69 kts.

alter pitch.

" , -1 deg. speed = 82 kts.

" , -2 = 94kts.

" , -3 = 98 kts.

" , -4 = 106 kts.

" , -5 = 114 kts.

Direction, pitch/bank, will remain constant, even if you pull collective repeatedly, top to bottom. Rudder not used at any time. All conditions remaining the same.

After.

Similar, except that collective down will produce a roll to the right and up a roll to the left, but used gently, no roll is produced and direction pitch/bank remain the same.

Collective dropped quickly top to bottom at high speed and a complete 360 roll is produced, engine cut out, recover upright and do an auto-rotation with no damage.

Sorry but in which world this is a similar outcome? You give no numbers for the after part and the except list has at least 3 points different from before...

I won't start commenting the other stuff since FM is WIP and I have no idea what you wan't to show with some of these tests.

Edited by FSKRipper

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have no idea what you wan't to show with some of these tests.

He just wants to point out that the FM is just a bunch of scripts.

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

BRD-M2 Mi-8 Pedals (Ruddermaster controller)

BRD-N v3 Flightstick w. exch. grip upgrade (Kreml C5 controller)

Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle

Pilot seat

Hm, sure but let me show you this:

UH-1H on the Normandy map at 1000ft and 0kts. Dropped collective to zero, made a minor correction on the cyclic to prevent foward speed und descended like a stone. Raised collective instantly at 35feet and not only recovered the helo before touchdown but he popped up like a rocket and needed 2 seconds to get him down again. Track and tacview attached...

How you would call this?

I don't deny that there is some work left on the FM but I never saw such things coming up in the Huey forum and it seems to me that there are some people on something like a little crusade against handpicked developers.

I monitored this threads the last year very carefully and decided to keep quite but since for some people the glass is always half empty even if the developers acknowledge (and patch!!!) their modules this had to be said. BTW show me the pilot who would do such a stupid test like I did and Holbeach also referenced to in RL. I'm only a fixed wing spare time pilot but I personally know nobody who would risk ending in a burning hole for this.

• Like 1

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What is a computer program but a glorified bunch of scripts ?

Isn't a military grade NASA simulator a bunch of scripts ?

Isn't the Huey or the A-10C a bunch of scripts ?

I think we can thank you for stating the obvious, but it really does not help with this thread.

This thread being about the gazelle change log, not about scripts, the FM or the lack of constructive criticism.

So unless you guys want this thread closed with the thousand other ones that have been steered off topic, can we please stay on topic :) ?

• Like 1

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

Hi, participating in the beta testing and working on various stuff for 2 years now with Poly, sorry but nope, FM isn't "scripted", you don't even seem to understand how a FM works, not even talking about a real helicopter. Leave such insult on a 4 years long work on another section, unless you're able to code a "simple scripted FM" on your own, and I really doubt on it.

On another hand, let me remind you that BST is an ED bis, with all the tools and help that 3rd parties need to create on their own.

Not talking in the name of Polychop but in my own name.

See ya.

Nicolas

Edited by dimitriov

Hi guys,

defending or attacking our work brings us to nothing then a spiral of heat. So letscut this here and keep this thread for the changelogs.

If you guys want to fight it our in a thread we can ask the forum admins if we can open such that iscalled fight for the right on the FMs and there you guys can shed blood, but certainly pat and I will not read in that thread cause it is anything else but constructiv.

That said I hope at some point that some he so felt witchhunt might be over soon and all can move on to new journeys.

• Like 2