Half my screen is lighter

M0ltar

Trying to figure out what is causing this issue. I know I am not the only one that is having it as I have talk to a couple of the other guys I fly with and they are experiencing the same thing. I started to notice it after the last update.

Example Screenshot

It seems like its cutting my monitor in half and changing the brightness. I can also see, in other lighting, instead of it only being half my monitor will be broken in to 4 zones of different color. This only happen on PG over water and only happens in DCS. I have recalibrated my monitor, turned my GPU OC off, benchmarked my GPU, everything. It is NOT my PC or monitor. It is something to do with PG and DCS and I, for the life of my, cannot figure out what is causing it.

Any ideas?

Edited by M0ltar

I have this as well in VR, and it looks as if there's a bubble all around you, and some distance away it changes to those colors. As if there's a high-detail / low detail bubble that's rather obvious at altitude.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Here is a video of the issue too that should help people see it.

Watch especially when I look out the right side of my pit. You can see that the bottom half of the video has lighter water than the top and it moves with my head.

I can confirm. I have this as well, so it is not just your setup Moltar... I use single 32" monitor.

I suspect that the answer is close to what rrohde had mentioned - the way DCS renders the scene.

Edited by Vatikus

Yes I've seen this too, most noticeable over water like you demonstrate (no ideas how to solve it though)

I was running your mod for PG textures and removed it. Still same issue. Its something with the graphics engine it seems. I have an open ticket with ED so hopefully we can figure it out. Seems to have started last patch or maybe the one before it.

• 1 month later...