DCS: A-10C Tutorial Collection (PDF´s and Videos)

MemphisBelle

Wiki down when I went there from each of the links in the op.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wiki down when I went there from each of the links in the op.

What do you mean, the link on the op works fine for me. Directs me exactly where it should be.

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

When trying to access "en.wiki.eagle.ru" the page do not load - Runtime exception error...

hmm, strange. When I've tried yesterday it worked out fine. Once I'm back home I'll check it again via PC. If it still persists so it could be due to a temp technical issue. The wiki worked quite reliable all the past time.

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Have you repaired the wiki I just checked it and got the same error I’m using safari on an iPad to view it

Here is what I get:

MediaWiki internal error.

Original exception: [72bc4ce9bd3ac72c3bbf7150] /wiki/Main_Page RuntimeException from line 57 of /var/www/wiki/mediawiki/extensions/MobileFrontend/includes/MobileFrontend.hooks.php: wgMFDefaultSkinClass is not setup correctly. It should point to the class name of a valid skin e.g. SkinMinerva, SkinVector

Backtrace:

#0 /var/www/wiki/mediawiki/extensions/MobileFrontend/includes/MobileFrontend.hooks.php(126): MobileFrontendHooks::getDefaultMobileSkin(RequestContext, MobileContext)

#1 /var/www/wiki/mediawiki/includes/Hooks.php(177): MobileFrontendHooks::onRequestContextCreateSkin(RequestContext, NULL)

#2 /var/www/wiki/mediawiki/includes/Hooks.php(205): Hooks::callHook(string, array, array, NULL)

#3 /var/www/wiki/mediawiki/includes/context/RequestContext.php(406): Hooks::run(string, array)

#4 /var/www/wiki/mediawiki/includes/context/ContextSource.php(154): RequestContext->getSkin()

#5 /var/www/wiki/mediawiki/includes/OutputPage.php(2402): ContextSource->getSkin()

#6 /var/www/wiki/mediawiki/includes/MediaWiki.php(858): OutputPage->output(boolean)

#7 /var/www/wiki/mediawiki/includes/MediaWiki.php(870): MediaWiki->{closure}()

#8 /var/www/wiki/mediawiki/includes/MediaWiki.php(523): MediaWiki->main()

#9 /var/www/wiki/mediawiki/index.php(43): MediaWiki->run()

#10 {main}

Exception caught inside exception handler: [72bc4ce9bd3ac72c3bbf7150] /wiki/Main_Page RuntimeException from line 57 of /var/www/wiki/mediawiki/extensions/MobileFrontend/includes/MobileFrontend.hooks.php: wgMFDefaultSkinClass is not setup correctly. It should point to the class name of a valid skin e.g. SkinMinerva, SkinVector

Backtrace:

#0 /var/www/wiki/mediawiki/extensions/MobileFrontend/includes/MobileFrontend.hooks.php(126): MobileFrontendHooks::getDefaultMobileSkin(RequestContext, MobileContext)

#1 /var/www/wiki/mediawiki/includes/Hooks.php(177): MobileFrontendHooks::onRequestContextCreateSkin(RequestContext, NULL)

#2 /var/www/wiki/mediawiki/includes/Hooks.php(205): Hooks::callHook(string, array, array, NULL)

#3 /var/www/wiki/mediawiki/includes/context/RequestContext.php(406): Hooks::run(string, array)

#4 /var/www/wiki/mediawiki/includes/context/ContextSource.php(154): RequestContext->getSkin()

#5 /var/www/wiki/mediawiki/includes/OutputPage.php(2402): ContextSource->getSkin()

#6 /var/www/wiki/mediawiki/includes/exception/MWExceptionRenderer.php(135): OutputPage->output()

#7 /var/www/wiki/mediawiki/includes/exception/MWExceptionRenderer.php(54): MWExceptionRenderer::reportHTML(RuntimeException)

#8 /var/www/wiki/mediawiki/includes/exception/MWExceptionHandler.php(75): MWExceptionRenderer::output(RuntimeException, integer)

#9 /var/www/wiki/mediawiki/includes/exception/MWExceptionHandler.php(130): MWExceptionHandler::report(RuntimeException)

#10 /var/www/wiki/mediawiki/includes/MediaWiki.php(550): MWExceptionHandler::handleException(RuntimeException)

#11 /var/www/wiki/mediawiki/index.php(43): MediaWiki->run()

#12 {main}

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Have you repaired the wiki I just checked it and got the same error I’m using safari on an iPad to view it

I checked it and it works fine again on my PC (Windows, Google Chrome Browser). I also testet the wiki link on Opera, Firefox and Safari and all works fine on all the browsers (see the linked screenshot, which represents the safari browser)

Try to load that URL: http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Main_Page this is the direct URL to the WIKI main Page. If that works (it actually should) then try to load this one http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/DCS_A-10C_Guides,_Tutorials_and_Reference_Documents which is the direct link to the A-10C rootpage on the wiki.

regards

Memphis

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

• 1 month later...

Here’s what I get

MediaWiki internal error.

Original exception: [470237f3a3dd8f8eb597923a] /wiki/Main_Page RuntimeException from line 57 of /var/www/wiki/mediawiki/extensions/MobileFrontend/includes/MobileFrontend.hooks.php: wgMFDefaultSkinClass is not setup correctly. It should point to the class name of a valid skin e.g. SkinMinerva, SkinVector

Backtrace:

#6 /var/www/wiki/mediawiki/includes/MediaWiki.php(858): OutputPage->output(boolean)

#7 /var/www/wiki/mediawiki/includes/MediaWiki.php(870): MediaWiki->{closure}()

#8 /var/www/wiki/mediawiki/includes/MediaWiki.php(523): MediaWiki->main()

#9 /var/www/wiki/mediawiki/index.php(43): MediaWiki->run()

#10 {main}

Exception caught inside exception handler: [470237f3a3dd8f8eb597923a] /wiki/Main_Page RuntimeException from line 57 of /var/www/wiki/mediawiki/extensions/MobileFrontend/includes/MobileFrontend.hooks.php: wgMFDefaultSkinClass is not setup correctly. It should point to the class name of a valid skin e.g. SkinMinerva, SkinVector

Backtrace:

#6 /var/www/wiki/mediawiki/includes/exception/MWExceptionRenderer.php(135): OutputPage->output()

#7 /var/www/wiki/mediawiki/includes/exception/MWExceptionRenderer.php(54): MWExceptionRenderer::reportHTML(RuntimeException)

#8 /var/www/wiki/mediawiki/includes/exception/MWExceptionHandler.php(75): MWExceptionRenderer::output(RuntimeException, integer)

#9 /var/www/wiki/mediawiki/includes/exception/MWExceptionHandler.php(130): MWExceptionHandler::report(RuntimeException)

#10 /var/www/wiki/mediawiki/includes/MediaWiki.php(550): MWExceptionHandler::handleException(RuntimeException)

#11 /var/www/wiki/mediawiki/index.php(43): MediaWiki->run()

#12 {main}

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Just picked this up, went to check out the link in the first post, and get the same.

i5 11600k 4.9ghz, 64gb 3600, 3070ti, multiple ssd/nvme, Rift S, TM Warthog / Throttle, Saitek Pedals, Nevada, Normandy, Syria, A10C/2, KA-50 3, P51D, L39, Huey, WW2 Assets, VaicomPro

• 4 weeks later...
Not working for me either.

Can anyone point me to an editable button/switch layout for the Saitek X56 HOTAS? I've seen it in the past, but cant seem to find it now.

The Problem is that ED has shut down the Wiki, thus all the Information is gone. I have "complained" about that already and NineLine said that if Interest is still there, so ED considers to reactivate the Wiki again...but honestly I dont think that they will do that...unfortunately. Too bad for all my wasted time that I put into it...:cry::cry::mad:

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

** Gulp **

The Problem is that ED has shut down the Wiki, thus all the Information is gone. I have "complained" about that already and NineLine said that if Interest is still there, so ED considers to reactivate the Wiki again...but honestly I dont think that they will do that...unfortunately. Too bad for all my wasted time that I put into it...:cry::cry::mad:

...and there's me thinking my browser had somehow blocked the site, thanks for the clarification.

Originally I was looking for an A10-C radio tutorial, guess I'm going to have to do some digging :(

...and there's me thinking my browser had somehow blocked the site, thanks for the clarification.

Originally I was looking for an A10-C radio tutorial, guess I'm going to have to do some digging :(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

S.O: Win 64bit

MB: ASUSTek TUF GAMING X570P

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8 Core

GPU: nVidia GTX1080Ti 8GB

HD: Sabrent SSD 1TB

RAM: DDR4 32 GB 1600Mhz

Accessories: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Alim: 850 watt Corsair 850TXEU

I had a chat meanwhile with NineLine about this, to make it short and as mentioned above, if the Community can make sure that the Wiki will keep maintained, so there´s a good chance that we´ll get it back. There´ve been so much spam registrations and spams in general that it doesnt make sense for ED to keep it running. So to be precise, the amount of work for a group of people around the wiki will be quite impressive. The question is...are people willing to do this? I will start a poll by the beginning of the new year to figure this out.

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

• 3 weeks later...

A-10C Basic takeoff problem

Hi

I'm working through the tutorials for the A-10C and whilst most are OK I'm having trouble with the " Takeoff and Basic Handling" mission.

I'm using the Thrustmaster Warthog flight stick and throttle. The problem is the A-10C just sits there on the runway. The engines are running and the instructor says to increase the throttle to 80% but my throttle is not moving on screen. So the engines stay at idle.

If I have my throttle set to the off position at the start then the engines turn off and won't restart.

I have no problem with tutorials or missions that are already airborne everything works just fine, but any mission that requires a takeoff is the same no go. I guess there is something I'm missing here so any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Allan :pilotfly:

ANNOUNCEMENT:

The whole Collection has moved to the Eagle Wiki

EDIT 12-15-2011:

I changed the wiki link to the new updated and merged Tutorial and Documents collection

You might want to check the link this is where it now goes

This site can’t be reached en.wiki.eagle.ru’s server IP address could not be found.

Go to http://eagle.ru/

Search Google for wiki eagle ru DCS 10C Guides Tutorials Reference Documents

ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

You might want to check the link this is where it now goes

This site can’t be reached en.wiki.eagle.ru’s server IP address could not be found.

Go to http://eagle.ru/

Search Google for wiki eagle ru DCS 10C Guides Tutorials Reference Documents

ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

Eagle Dynamics decided to shut down the Wiki (no ressources to dedicate to ED Wiki) thats why all information are lost. I talked to nineline and wait on his response, sorry ☹

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

Hi

I'm working through the tutorials for the A-10C and whilst most are OK I'm having trouble with the " Takeoff and Basic Handling" mission.

I'm using the Thrustmaster Warthog flight stick and throttle. The problem is the A-10C just sits there on the runway. The engines are running and the instructor says to increase the throttle to 80% but my throttle is not moving on screen. So the engines stay at idle.

If I have my throttle set to the off position at the start then the engines turn off and won't restart.

I have no problem with tutorials or missions that are already airborne everything works just fine, but any mission that requires a takeoff is the same no go. I guess there is something I'm missing here so any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Allan :pilotfly:

Hi Allen,

Do you have rudder pedals? Make sure you are not pushing the wheel brakes. And the wheel brake might be engaged, you can press W to see if that disengages it. You mention that the throttle does not move in the cockpit, have you defined the throttle in the Axis commands of the options. You should see the throttle move.

Peter

AMD RYZEN 7 2700 / 32GB / RTX2070 / 500GB M.2 with Windows and DCS / 2 - 500GB SSD / Rift S/ TM Warthog with F18 stick and Virpil WarBRD / Foxx Mounts/ MFG Crosswind rudders + 3 MFD's | Now enjoying VR with PointCTRL controllers + Gamematrix JetSeat

Hi Allen,

Do you have rudder pedals? Make sure you are not pushing the wheel brakes. And the wheel brake might be engaged, you can press W to see if that disengages it. You mention that the throttle does not move in the cockpit, have you defined the throttle in the Axis commands of the options. You should see the throttle move.

Peter

Hi thanks for the response. I found the problem the throttle controls had disappeared from my profile. No idea how. But it's all working now.

nevermind

Edited by MemphisBelle

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

• 3 months later...

please update the links... its broken...

thx

AMD Ryzen 5 2600, MSI B450 Pro VDH, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz, Kingston A400 240GB SSD (Boot Drive), Crucial 1TB M.2 SSD (DCS World), Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD, 34" Acer Display + 24" Samsung Display, Virpil Alpha R+Warbrd Base, Virpil Rotor TCS+Alpha L, Virpil CP2+SharKa Panels, Virpil Mongoose CM3 HOTAS, Virpil Ace Interceptor Rudders, Logitech G27 Wheel.

Not broken but removed. See post #93.

What a shame.

Agree!

Aorus Z390 Extreme MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.0 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Corsair TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB |TMWH Hotas with VPC WarBRD Base| Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | HP Reverb

• 2 weeks later...
Not broken but removed. See post #93.

What a shame.

Guys, how big is the desire for having such a tutorial collection again?

I´m considering to recreate a Tutorial Collection, if not on a wiki so probably as some sort of representation on a seperate webside with deeplinks referring to respective YouTube Videos or Threads within the ED Forums. Would this be something the effort would worth?

DCS-Tutorial-Collection