Normandy Insant CAS A10 is so much better now

hansangb

So a lot has changed. I delid'ed and jacked up my CPU to 4.9GHz, had two 2.x updates, Creator's Fall upgrade happened. But the Instant Action CAS mission for A10C in Normandy was unplayable in VR. Now, I'm getting 45FPS or so and is quite playable. Then Fakum reported that he was having incredible stuttering in 1.5 (non VR) until he used Process Lasso. So who knows, maybe I can add that to something to try to improve VR experience even more.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else noticed the improvement in the mission. Before, I couldn't even fly to the first waypoint marked by red and green smoke. It was a complete stutterfest. Now, not so much.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

It allows you to pin processes to certain cores. And separate out Windows housekeeping from barfing on DCS (for example). https://bitsum.com/

I'm curious what core VR runs on, if there is any impact to DCS & Windows.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

This was working for me in the past, but I tried tonight after seeing this thread and I can't get the JTAC to talk to me. I've been pulling my hair out. Ran repair, deleted saved games folder and NADA. I've played this in the past and had good comms, so not sure what's happening. Confirmed on VHF 30.0 and have tried multiple times but can't get him to talk to me! Anyone have any ideas?