Pilot Trimmer function not working OpenBeta

Hello,

It appears that since a recent update of OpenBeta that in the Huey the Pilot Trimmer function is not working correctly anymore.

This has been tested in various default Persian instant missions, with both the default key "T" and joystick binding, with Force Trim switch set to ON, with settings set to option default and option center stick.

When Pilot Trimmer button is pressed the 3D button on the cyclic can physically be seen being pressed, but the result is that both pitch and roll axis are not being trimmed.

When in settings also the option Rudder trim is selected, it appears that only the rudder is being trimmed correctly, while both axis are still not trimmed at all.

| AMD RYZEN 5900X | INNO3D RTX 4080 ICHILL | G.SKILL 3200-C14 32GB | ASUS X570-E GAMING | LG 27GP850 2K/QHD |
| TM HOTAS COUGAR | VPC WARBRD BASE | MFG CROSSWIND V2 | G.TRIX JETSEAT KW908 | HP REVERB G2 |

YouTube: ScubyFlying

Thanks for your replies.

Hmmm... I'll have some investigations to do.

Clearly the trim button can be seen being pressed in 3D on the cyclic, but results in only the rudder being trimmed (if checked in options) and never a trim in pitch or roll.

It did work before, so I'm scratching my head here?!

| AMD RYZEN 5900X | INNO3D RTX 4080 ICHILL | G.SKILL 3200-C14 32GB | ASUS X570-E GAMING | LG 27GP850 2K/QHD |
| TM HOTAS COUGAR | VPC WARBRD BASE | MFG CROSSWIND V2 | G.TRIX JETSEAT KW908 | HP REVERB G2 |

Check that you don't have multiple bindings set for the trim switch? That can screw things up big time; I find that updates can sometimes add extra bindings to other controllers!

Thanks for your reply.

I have cleared all other bindings and still TRIM IS NOT WORKING IN THE HUEY!

Why is it working for some and not working for others? I can't figure my head around this...

Only rudder trim is still working once this option has been selected.

Help?

Edited by Scuby

I have the same problem - Is there a fix for this? Previously no problem. 3D animation works but there's no trim.

Hi!

Good to hear that I am not the only one with this.

How do you have the Huey trim settings setup? Do you use it in Openbeta? Do you have multiple bindings for trim?

Hope other people can chime in here for help.

Finally! FIXED IT!

Under settings, in the Misc tab, just disable the checkmark for FORCE FEEDBACK.

It is my opinion that this bug should be fixed soon, i.e. it shouldn't have to be so unclear/hidden for users in order for basic control functions to work...

I see now on the forums that this has been reported back in 2018... OMG! Hope developers are taking notice here and can help us fix this. People are still flying Huey right?

Edited by Scuby

Finally! FIXED IT!

Under settings, in the Misc tab, just disable the checkmark for FORCE FEEDBACK.

It is my opinion that this bug should be fixed soon, i.e. it shouldn't have to be so unclear/hidden for users in order for basic control functions to work...

I see now on the forums that this has been reported back in 2018... OMG! Hope developers are taking notice here and can help us fix this. People are still flying Huey right?

:clap: Thank you so much! Fixed also for me!

That is great! So happy for you too. Now hope this will be resolved in a future update.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Same issue.  Does not work... at all.  It used to.
Force Trim switch is on.  Tried with Misc > Force Feedback both on and off and completely restarted the sim between changes.  Pressing the Pilot Trimmer button just makes the button on the cyclic depress.  That's it.  It otherwise does nothing.  Has this even been acknowledged as a bug yet?  Seriously, please fix.  It can't be that difficult...

Edit:  Nevermind.  Found the problem, in case anybody else lands here with this issue.
Not only do you have to deselect Force Feedback, you also have to know to go into the "Special" menu, select UH-1H down the left side, then set your Trimmer Mode.  In my case, it had to be set to "Central Position Tirmmer Mode."  Also make sure "Autopilot Availability" is checked.

Edited by Irk26
Additional information
  • Thanks 1

Win 10 Pro | i7 990x @ 4.5GHz | 32GB/1600MHz RAM | GTX 1080Ti | 1TB System SSD | 500GB DCS SSD | Saitek X55 HOTAS | Saitek Pro Flight Yoke & Pedals | HTC Vive

• 4 months later...
On 7/31/2021 at 3:24 PM, Irk26 said:

Same issue.  Does not work... at all.  It used to.
(...) Pressing the Pilot Trimmer button just makes the button on the cyclic depress.

(...) Not only do you have to deselect Force Feedback, you also have to know to go into the "Special" menu, select UH-1H down the left side, then set your Trimmer Mode.  In my case, it had to be set to "Central Position Tirmmer Mode."  Also make sure "Autopilot Availability" is checked.

Thank you for the tip I had the same issue and your post helped me

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

I am using a Vpforce Rhino FFB and with the option 'without spring and FFB' pilot trim doesn't work. it is also required to disable the rudder option or the pedals will move after each pilot trim depress.