Mission 5 Sturmovik Campaign for A10 C

Goofeyfoot

Can someone give me some ideas as to how to beat this one? I have been stuck on it for weeks.

The ATC gives you directions to a place where there are absolutely no targets. So I just start randomly shooting at whatever enemies are anywhere in the mission. The random approach isn't working for me. I'm just wandering around shooting whatever I can.

The weapons they give you in the campaign seem to be totally inadequate. EG no Mavericks. More than too many CBU 87s are provided, all of which seem to kill nothing of any importance. I guess I could rearm at the beginning but as stated above, I don't know specifically what I am trying to do so I can only guess what weapons would be valuable.

So is anyone able to suggest a more focused approach?

Thanks.

Michael

The 3 sets of Targets are all "moving targets"

So the co-ordinates tend to refer more to their point of origin than their final positions

You'll need to do a VID search for them - work on the assumption they're moving from the co-ordinates in the direction of the FLOT and you'll be OK

I alwasy assumed the campaign was called "Sturmovik" because it wanted to try and create the "vibe" of the old WW2 Russian Ground Pounder...so strafing/rockets/dumb bombs rather than Mavericks/GBUs

None of the Targets are Tanks/Well Armoured so you should be OK with the load-out

If Memory serves me correctly (its been a while since I flew this one)

Targets are 1. Convey of Unarmoured Vehicles moving on the road 2. SP Artillery that sets up adjacent to the river 3. APCs that move towards the road

Hope that's in some way helpful

Airbag_signatur.png

yes, and thats precisely what the OFFSET page is for.

you are supposed to use it. the bridge is set up as anchorpoint in your A-10C (waypoint 2049/"BULLSEYE" if im not mistaken) by the mission creator. OFFSET will create a new waypoint on the location of the targets, after you enter the data your receive from the ground observer.

There’s nothing to compute or interpret.

thats exactly where you are wrong and why the mission seems so difficult. ;-) dont you think a CAS plane such as A-10C would have a function for something like that? its a common operation in CAS, even F-16 has equivalent functionality as well.

Edited by dorianR666

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580

yes, and thats precisely what the OFFSET page is for.

you are supposed to use it. the bridge is set up as anchorpoint in your A-10C (waypoint 2049/"BULLSEYE" if im not mistaken) by the mission creator. OFFSET will create a new waypoint on the location of the targets, after you enter the data your receive from the ground observer.

thats exactly where you are wrong and why the mission seems so difficult. ;-) dont you think a CAS plane such as A-10C would have a function for something like that? its a common operation in CAS, even F-16 has equivalent functionality as well.

I see. Well in this one, the "Bullseye" they give you isn't the one they measure off. The guy comes on the radio and describes a "point" by saying that it is X degrees and Y distance from the bridge. He does that a couple times during the mission, always measuring from the bridge. That bridge gets marked onto the F10 map.

So are you saying that I have to make that bridge into a Bullseye and then do an offset from that? Wouldn't it be easier and more realistic to measure that point on the F10 map and mark it right on that same map? Only downside is that it isn't going to show up on the HUD but in the heat of the battle, radio comms, etc., would a pilot really have the time and ability to enter something in the CDU?

Well in this one, the "Bullseye" they give you isn't the one they measure off. The guy comes on the radio and describes a "point" by saying that it is X degrees and Y distance from the bridge.

the bridge is set as bullseye, see attached images.

Wouldn't it be easier and more realistic to measure that point on the F10 map and mark it right on that same map?

how is F10 map realistic? can you press F10 in real life? :music_whistling:

Only downside is that it isn't going to show up on the HUD but in the heat of the battle, radio comms, etc., would a pilot really have the time and ability to enter something in the CDU?

you only enter AAADD.D, A is azimuth, D is distance. couple button presses, can be done in 3 seconds.

it not appearing on HUD/TAD is the whole problem that you ask about by creating this thread, is it not? purpose of these instruments is to show you where the targets are.

tad.png.26fdf1f0d075394209baf967a27fdd5d.png

map.thumb.png.a60d018c755a10f63f4fba30901bd5dd.png

cvcbcbcbcvbcb.thumb.png.867534fee61521e4b8bb56dab3f08155.png

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580

• 1 year later...
5 часов назад, DN308 сказал:

Is there a chance to Find that campaign at least in english?

Here it is in Russian: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/250456/

Also in Russian but converted for A-10C2: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3312775/

Otherwise not sure what you mean. It's free for the module and should be installed by default at the main game folder in Mods\aircraft\A-10C\Missions\Campaigns.

• 2 years later...

Hi there!

I have a big problem on this mission.

After bombing a group of vehicules, they ask me to retreat on wp3, cause enemy fighter are comming....

I go to WP3, but after.....Nothing happened! Iam turning around WP 3 for more than 20 minutes....Anyone had this problem?

Thanks!