¿Qué comprarías con 400 $?

Honestly I'd wait to see what the rtx 30 series offers before spending any more money on your PC.

However, barring that statement, I would go with a new HOTAS personally. Going from 16gb to 32gb isn't really an issue unless your playing multi-player, or playing campaigns that have a ton of assets in them

System: Ryzen 5900x, G.Skill 3600 32GB, MSI 4090 suprim liquid X, samsung odyssey+ headset 

Honestly I'd wait to see what the rtx 30 series offers before spending any more money on your PC.

However, barring that statement, I would go with a new HOTAS personally. Going from 16gb to 32gb isn't really an issue unless your playing multi-player, or playing campaigns that have a ton of assets in them

Thank you very much, my PC does not support higher graphics. It is a Pre-assembled and has limitations on size, motherboard and power supply. RTX 2060 is the most it would support. Thanks for your answer.

The question is still ongoing.

I’d rather have the Warthog, tough most likely 400 dollars wouldn't be enough to purchase one new .. maybe a second hand one :joystick:

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I'd go with A plus lower tier HOTAS (like T16000) as the RAM is way cheaper than $400 and HOTAS is a must (or do you have one already?).

B is way overpriced and gives you little improvement. [Edit: "Little" is wrong for 60% performance gain but is questionable for the case.]

C is way overpriced and doesn't match your rest of the hardware.

Please update your HW list with current HOTAS (if any) and display resolution (or VR?).

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

I'd go with A plus lower tier HOTAS (like T16000) as the RAM is way cheaper than $400 and HOTAS is a must (or do you have one already?).

B is way overpriced and gives you little improvement.

C is way overpriced and doesn't match your rest of the hardware.

Please update your HW list with current HOTAS (if any) and display resolution (or VR?).

Thanks. I consider all opinions, but I do not consider the option of a T16000. Totally ruled out. If I invest in a HOTAS it has to be something of quality, not something that can break or lose precision in two years. I already had to return a $ 220 X-52 because the Throttle was not reaching full power. I'm flying at 1080 with a 144Hz monitor and I can't really complain. My doubts are the GPU and RAM.

I was thinking about this, but I don't know if it would improve my experience.

https://www.amazon.es/ASUS-TURBO-RTX2060-6G-Tarjeta-gr%C3%A1fica-GeForce/dp/B07MJKTS4P/ref=sr_1_2?__mk_es_ES=%C3%85M%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&dchild=1&keywords=RTX+2060+ASUS&qid=1599470560&sr=8-2

Thanks. I consider all opinions, but I do not consider the option of a T16000. Totally ruled out. If I invest in a HOTAS it has to be something of quality, not something that can break or lose precision in two years. I already had to return a $ 220 X-52 because the Throttle was not reaching full power. I'm flying at 1080 with a 144Hz monitor and I can't really complain. My doubts are the GPU and RAM.

I was thinking about this, but I don't know if it would improve my experience.

OK, then HOTAS it is, just keep in mind that TMWH is not perfect either.

I remembered wrong - the 2060 is over 60% better than 1060 - but is still questionable for your case playing in 1080.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

My main concern has its starting point in this thread, where they say that soon whoever does not have an RTX will not be able to fly well in DCS, therefore, updating the graph would have to be the priority, but if I had no doubts, I would not have launched this question.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4477237&postcount=296

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4477607&postcount=298

The other thing to remember, is that your TMWH will last 10+ years :)

+1

When I purchased my TM Cougar back on 2002, it was more expensive than any other component of my PC ... now, 18 years later it is still my Hotas, while every other component of the pc has been replaced several times over the same time period.

6usRAWb.jpg

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

My main concern has its starting point in this thread, where they say that soon whoever does not have an RTX will not be able to fly well in DCS, therefore, updating the graph would have to be the priority, but if I had no doubts, I would not have launched this question.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4477237&postcount=296

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4477607&postcount=298

LOL, no such thing even in plans - these are just wet dreams of some users.

Perhaps hold off on the video card. Im quite happy with my RTX2070FE, not much more than $400 at the moment. You'll really appreciate having the 32g of ram. I wouldn't take the thrustmaster warthog even if you paid me the $400

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

I would like and also I think they will be well priced, but it would be incompatible with my motherboard, space and power supply. The maximum I can mount is the RTX 2060 and not just any model, by size.

How are you so sure about that incompatibility? With new tech cards perform better while consuming less power apart from maybe the highest models. The PCIex16 will rather be still compatible. They don't have to be of long card design apart from maybe the highest model. So? You will probably want to change the motherboard first in the future anyway.

Btw: Don't trust what some random dude dreams about. It will take years for 1060 to become so obsolete that you could not run DCS (if it still exists by that time). RT is nothing new. It's known for like 40 years. It goes like that: some manufacturer designs some new method (or new cool name for it) for their new hardware to sell it. It's hopefully good enough to show in some demo. Then after a few years a few game might be using it or it's already dead by then. Then maybe after some years it become standard which might be used by other hardware and software or it's gone completely.

Thrustmaster warthog. I just bought one and i can highly recommend it. Excellent Long term investment. :thumbup:

MODULES: A10C Warthog,AH-64 D APACHE,AJS Viggen,AV8B Harrier,BF109 K4,C101 Aviojet,F14 Tomcat,F15E Eagle,F16 Viper,F5 Tiger,F86 Sabre,FA18C Hornet,FW190A8,FW190D9,I16 Ishak,JF17 Thunder,KA50 Blackshark,L39Albatros,Mirage2000C,Mirage F-1,MI24P,MI8MVT2,MIG15BIS,MIG19P,MIG21BIS,Mosquito FB VI,P51D Mustang,P47D Thunderbolt,SA342 Gazell,SpitfireIX,TF51D,UH1H Huey,Yak52.

OTHER:Flamming cliffs,Combined Arms,WW2 Assets Pack,SuperCarrier.

TERRAINS: Nevada,Caucasus,Normandy,Persian Gulf,Syria,Channel,Marianas. 

How are you so sure about that incompatibility? With new tech cards perform better while consuming less power apart from maybe the highest models. The PCIex16 will rather be still compatible. They don't have to be of long card design apart from maybe the highest model. So? You will probably want to change the motherboard first in the future anyway.

Btw: Don't trust what some random dude dreams about. It will take years for 1060 to become so obsolete that you could not run DCS (if it still exists by that time). RT is nothing new. It's known for like 40 years. It goes like that: some manufacturer designs some new method (or new cool name for it) for their new hardware to sell it. It's hopefully good enough to show in some demo. Then after a few years a few game might be using it or it's already dead by then. Then maybe after some years it become standard which might be used by other hardware and software or it's gone completely.

I'm sure because they are the manufacturer's specifications. My PC is a compact, an MSI Aegis 3. Some of its components are adapted, such as the MSI Trident X. The MSI Trident X uses smaller adapted components. These types of computers are difficult to update, so I do not recommend their purchase.

Warthog, its for life... And it changes how you fly. AAR, case i, formation everythiong becomes sooooo much eassier.. the precision of HALL and the weight of the stick really makes a difference.

Es el día y la noche, con el Warthog pasas de conducir un Seat a un Mercedes.

IMHO it's a personal thing.

First I wouldn't bother with RAM, as I don't think DSC would benefit from additional 16gb.

As for GPU vs warthog...

What is your current HOTAS?

What bothers you the most when playing DCS?

If you're struggling with controls, or want more immersion, go for warthog.

If you're struggling with fps or the game doesn't look as good as you'd like, go for GPU.

PS. If you decide to get the GPU, don't buy the 2060. Wait for 30 series. Also, the idea that non RT cards will soon become obsolete is bs. Even if raytracing will be introduced to DCS I'm 100% sure it will be an optional thing.