Saudi F-15 shot down over Yemen

red_coreSix

So just to recap:

1) Wrong on R-27 dimensions;

2) Therefore wrong on burn time too;

3) Wrong on presence of flash in AIM-9X video;

4) remaining argument based on whether a 'claimed' flash about 1-2m wide in normal video can be 50m wide on FLIR. Let's see, Brimstone is maybe 15-20m wide in normal video and 40-50m in FLIR. Apache 30mm HE flashes are maybe 1-2m wide in normal video and ~4m in FLIR. Somewhere in there is your answer but you will never admit it.

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So just to recap:

1) Wrong on R-27 dimensions;

2) Therefore wrong on burn time too;

3) Wrong on presence of flash in AIM-9X video;

4) remaining argument based on whether a 'claimed' flash about 1-2m wide in normal video can be 50m wide on FLIR. Let's see, Brimstone is maybe 15-20m wide in normal video and 40-50m in FLIR. Apache 30mm HE flashes are maybe 1-2m wide in normal video and ~4m in FLIR. Somewhere in there is your answer but you will never admit it.

How is that a recap? It deals with mostly OT side topics.

1. Yep, the only measurement you can find wrong was off by 2%, not a bad record.

2. Sure, it doesn't really matter.

3. Yep, another one that is basically meaningless, it has very little to do with the actual discussion , and it was just a thought, not something i would fight for, which is why i dropped it as soon as i realized the motor was burned out.

4. What flash are you talking about? The one you say is a small warhead? Show the 50m flash. All the flashes you mention are on military FLIR which (as shown in the apache videos) has some type of flash suppression, something i doubt is present on LE FLIR.

5. If being wrong about a couple of things destroys my credibility, why doesn't being wrong about missile trails (and being hilariously wrong on the whole axle/transmission thing) harm yours? Double standard.

6. I ask again, do you think Mfezi is lying? Yes, we have no inert hits, but we have nothing contradicting his claim.

7. What is your best evidence for detonation?

(Your attempted disengage and divert has been noted, don't think you are getting away with this........) ;)

"Long life It is a waste not to notice that it is not noticed that it is milk in the title." Amazon.co.jp review for milk translated from Japanese

"Amidst the blue skies, A link from past to future. The sheltering wings of the protector..." - ACE COMBAT 4

"Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight"-Psalm 144:1 KJV

i5-4430 at 3.00GHz, 8GB RAM, GTX 1060 FE, Windows 7 x64

1. R-27ET is 4.8m, R-27 is 4.1m. Not 2%. Also has a clear bulge as diameter increases.

2. Yep, out by 25% on burn time.

3. Claiming a flash where there was none, then you begin measuring flashes LOL.

4. Brimstone flash is 20m in normal video and 40m on FLIR, you try claim 1-2m flashes or clouds on normal video become 50m on FLIR.

5. Wasn't wrong.

6. Contractor has drawn bad conclusions.

7. 50m wide flash.

1. R-27ET is 4.8m, R-27 is 4.1m. Not 2%. Also has a clear bulge as diameter increases.

I wasn't measuring lengths. (wrong numbers again also)

2. Yep, out by 25% on burn time.

3. Claiming a flash where there was none, then you begin measuring flashes LOL.

I just suggested that it could be a flash, you claimed there was a missile hit where there was a ditch and you can't even get the missile lengths right and you expect me to trust your guesstimations?

4. Brimstone flash is 20m in normal video and 40m on FLIR, you try claim 1-2m flashes or clouds on normal video become 50m on FLIR.

When have i claimed that? We have no videos of an inert strike with motor still burning other than the tiny stinger, which made a flash, contrary to what you have been claiming the last 25 pages.

5. Wasn't wrong.

We have irrefutable proof of a MANPADS trailing for 10 sec and then continuing without trailing.

6. Contractor has drawn bad conclusions.

You don't seem to be paying attention, did you read what i said?

7. 50m wide flash.

That is the best you have? Ok, show it.

"Long life It is a waste not to notice that it is not noticed that it is milk in the title." Amazon.co.jp review for milk translated from Japanese

"Amidst the blue skies, A link from past to future. The sheltering wings of the protector..." - ACE COMBAT 4

"Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight"-Psalm 144:1 KJV

You were measuring fin length relative to missile length. Fin length is the same, missile length is almost 20% longer. You also failed to spot the change in diameter.

25% out on burn time.

But it couldn't because the missile had no fuel left and was still in tact. I was right on all these things.

You also showed AIM-9X videos remember. So your take is that inert flashes grow in FLIR by a factor of 20 but explosive warhead flashes only grow by a factor of 2 because glow factor.

No we have an explosion with the slightest of gaps between that and the trail. Now in this small gap it could be that the missile lost energy and was no longer flying before auto destruct, or it could be that the missile turned changing the airflow briefly.

The conversation surrounds the video, not what a contractor may or may not think.

Shown it many times.

1515446803_30_20-popcorn-memes-for-when-youre-just-here-for-the-comments.jpg?resize=400%2C400&ssl=1

What? Did someone make a new batch? :lol:

You were measuring fin length relative to missile length. Fin length is the same, missile length is almost 20% longer. You also failed to spot the change in diameter.

25% out on burn time.

But it couldn't because the missile had no fuel left and was still in tact. I was right on all these things.

You also showed AIM-9X videos remember. So your take is that inert flashes grow in FLIR by a factor of 20 but explosive warhead flashes only grow by a factor of 2 because glow factor.

No we have an explosion with the slightest of gaps between that and the trail. Now in this small gap it could be that the missile lost energy and was no longer flying before auto destruct, or it could be that the missile turned changing the airflow briefly.

The conversation surrounds the video, not what a contractor may or may not think.

Shown it many times.

I can see this discussion is going nowhere, it looks like we have both said all we can say and are starting to go in circles. I suggest we suspend this debate until some type of official statement or real proof is made/found.

I respect you as a fellow forum user and human being, and i hold no grudge against you. We had better stop before it just devolves into personal attacks.

It has been fun, Sir!

Good idea.

:thumbup:

IMG

I think that is how we all feel at this point :lol: