RWR not showing locked radars in Search mode

Aries144

On 10/29/2023 at 5:26 AM, PawlaczGMD said:

The RWR is almost certainly bugged. It more or less displays all radars NOT locking you in Search mode, and ONLY radars locking you in non-Search mode. This is an insane way for an RWR to work, as it makes it almost useless. Yeah, I'm going to fiddle with this tiny button when I pick up a lock tone - I don't think so. Install this mode that makes it show everything:

To be honest I find current RWR as a masterpiece. On one screen there's information about radars searching. It's always a mess. I look at it only when I hear 2x beep - sign of new radar source. And I have to filter it out anyway, since most of the sources are irrelevant. The second screen shows in clear picture only tracking radars - a real danger. Works brilliant. I never saw anything what gives such clear picture and grat situational awareness. Far better than for example RWR on F-15C where chaos on display forces pilot to pay a lot more attention, and takes a lot more time to get proper SA. I never saw clearer information about threat then the one given in F-5E-3. I hope it won't be changed. It would be a truly disaster if it appears, that it shall work different.

9 hours ago, 303_Kermit said:

To be honest I find current RWR as a masterpiece. On one screen there's information about radars searching. It's always a mess. I look at it only when I hear 2x beep - sign of new radar source. And I have to filter it out anyway, since most of the sources are irrelevant. The second screen shows in clear picture only tracking radars - a real danger. Works brilliant. I never saw anything what gives such clear picture and grat situational awareness. Far better than for example RWR on F-15C where chaos on display forces pilot to pay a lot more attention, and takes a lot more time to get proper SA. I never saw clearer information about threat then the one given in F-5E-3. I hope it won't be changed. It would be a truly disaster if it appears, that it shall work different.

You don’t seem to quite understand the issue with the implementation. 

• Like 3

EDsignaturefleet.jpg

20 hours ago, 303_Kermit said:

Here's the issue that you don't seem to get: When you get locked, the RWR will only give you an audio warning and not show you any visual cue! You have to toggle the search button. It should be obvious why this is a very bad idea. How it should work: turning off Search removes long-range radars that are not locking you, decluttering the display. But you should never ever have to press a button to be able to see the radar locking you. At worst, the Search mode as it currently is should automatically switch off when you're locked. The way it works currently is completely unbelievable to many people.

• Like 3

On 11/1/2023 at 7:30 PM, 303_Kermit said:

That's what priority mode is for.

• Like 2

On 11/2/2023 at 9:25 PM, PawlaczGMD said:

Here's the issue that you don't seem to get: When you get locked, the RWR will only give you an audio warning and not show you any visual cue! You have to toggle the search button. It should be obvious why this is a very bad idea. How it should work: turning off Search removes long-range radars that are not locking you, decluttering the display. But you should never ever have to press a button to be able to see the radar locking you. At worst, the Search mode as it currently is should automatically switch off when you're locked. The way it works currently is completely unbelievable to many people.

I fly 99% time in tracking mode. If I become 2x beep I just check what is it, and go back to tracking mode. Works every time. No need to change it

2 hours ago, 303_Kermit said:

I fly 99% time in tracking mode. If I become 2x beep I just check what is it, and go back to tracking mode. Works every time. No need to change it

Nobody cares what you think about it though. It's overwhelmingly probable that the developers have misinterpreted the RWR manual, and implemented it incorrectly. It's thus wrong and unrealistic. The mod makes it work closer to how it should. Ideally the Search button would be fixed by the devs to work in a way that's correct.

Edited by PawlaczGMD
  • Like 6

On 11/4/2023 at 3:32 AM, PawlaczGMD said:

Nobody cares what you think about it though. It's overwhelmingly probable that the developers have misinterpreted the RWR manual, and implemented it incorrectly. It's thus wrong and unrealistic. The mod makes it work closer to how it should. Ideally the Search button would be fixed by the devs to work in a way that's correct.

Even 100 voices makes no difference. Most times on these forum 1 person has something to say, and presents some facts. Other 99 usually, like you for example - has nothing to say, but likes to argue anyway. If you present document and facts ED will be glad to improve F-5E. Otherwise is just pointless. It's not War thunder -where planes are adjusted to players whining.

Take it easy, and maybe focus on gathering some actual data? Only such way you can change anything.

My best regards

PS. relevant data, means one need to present something more than internet research.

Edited by 303_Kermit

1 minute ago, 303_Kermit said:

Most times on these forum 1 person has something to say, and presents some facts.

Well, you are among the other 99 you are talking about. Neither ED nor you can come up with evidence that the RWR of the F-5 works like it does in DCS, whereas RL and in fact all the other Western RWRs ED made show how a western RWR of that era works.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, 303_Kermit said:

Even 100 voices makes no difference. Most times on these forum 1 person has something to say, and presents some facts. Other 99 usually, like you for example - has nothing to say, but likes to argue anyway. If you present document and facts ED will be glad to improve F-5E. Otherwise is just pointless. It's not War thunder -where planes are adjusted to players whining.

Take it easy, and maybe focus on gathering some actual data? Only such way you can change anything.

My best regards

PS. relevant data, means one need to present something more than internet research.

The evidence is presented in the thread of the mod I have posted. You just choose to troll with "I like it the way it is" instead of reading it.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, PawlaczGMD said:

The evidence is presented in the thread of the mod I have posted. You just choose to troll with "I like it the way it is" instead of reading it.

You mean that? 

Topic is closed. Nothing convincing there either. Advert of F-20 and than 5 sides without single relevant source.