Normandy Map Discussion

Lenux

I believe it was stated that it was going to be out in early access with 2.0, however as we all know "EVERYTHING IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE"! :D

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

Does that mean the Normandy will be released in 2.5? I didn't get it, if the answer is yes, that's really nice, I wasn't expecting that at all

It looks like the order of things scheduled (or rather hoped) for release. That would mean Normandy before 2.5 (updated Caucasus + merge). In that case, it would have to be installed in 2.0.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

• ED Team
Wags,

If southern England is going to have less detail, will the "grass airfield" static object allow us to make an airfield wherever we can find a level area? and if so, will we be able to spawn planes and take off and land on those airfields?

That should be the way it works. It should work similar to Helicopter FARPs.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Wags,

If southern England is going to have less detail, will the "grass airfield" static object allow us to make an airfield wherever we can find a level area? and if so, will we be able to spawn planes and take off and land on those airfields?

thats already possible actually with a tiny adjustment of 2lines in 1 lua file.

on topic, now give us that map already:) having parts of england included is a huge addition to the game...i really hope though, that in future, they will make england also detailed, just as normandy or close to it at least, so that it actually looks nice when flying over it...it's already great to have a not detailed england as it gives us options, but a detailed england would be awesome one day...

People are talking about placing these custom airfields in England- but you did notice that there is quite a handful of airfields in England marked in ED's map?

As they are marked as permanent objects in the map, I suspect the will be very functional indeed, runways, parking spots etc. I would not worry. Even though the map will be "not detailed" I think it will be more than sufficient. I have full confidence in Racoon and his gang.

I'll just use the ones already there then , that's really great

looking forward to this, I'll return to DCS on this release

tad worried they'll be a lot of not needed details slowing fps on the French side

hope I can turn off the detail if need be

this is going to really put DCS in a new market / dimension

dam it I'll purchase the spitfire whilst I'm at it ( I think that's been released ? )

I didn't know that. Which two lines and in which lua file need to be changed and how does one go about doing it?

Thanks in advance for the info.

well its off topic, but as im trying to help, i hope that the mods will still leave my post in here....so here you go, just place the file i attached in :....DCS World/MissionEditor/modules

then you can create missions and make planes spawn anywhere you want on the map...have fun with it.

me_route.lua

well its off topic, but as im trying to help, i hope that the mods will still leave my post in here....so here you go, just place the file i attached in :....DCS World/MissionEditor/modules

then you can create missions and make planes spawn anywhere you want on the map...have fun with it.

Seriously? I've wanted to use this feature for months. Thank you DavidRed.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

tad worried they'll be a lot of not needed details slowing fps on the French side

hope I can turn off the detail if need be

If current NTTR is something to go by (and it should be, considering it runs in the same engine), FPS should be just fine for anyone with a decent build. While current 1.5 still gives me rather poor FPS even after GPU upgrade, I can fly across downtown Las Vegas with mirrrors and all bells and whistles on (except with terrain flat shadows on, the better ones look nice but really kill my FPS). So I hope that Normandy, though very detailed, should not be any worse. And there's hoping that 2.5 will make maters even better.

Would it be possible to use some of the ground units from Normandy on the NTTR map to create a WW2 North African scenario?

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

Would it be possible to use some of the ground units from Normandy on the NTTR map to create a WW2 North African scenario?

DCSW is a sand box my friend! All units can be be placed in any map! All units for Normandy will be playable in NTTR and all our current units for Caucasus and NTTR will be available for Normandy. :)

Edited by Raven68

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Very atmospheric. :thumbup:

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.