[REPORTED]Bug - Red Glowing F-18 Lt20s

Hoirtel

In the same way I as I reported previously with static object F-15Es (https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=268790) This problem is now occurring with the static object F-18 Lot 20s.

The F-15Es were fixed in one of the 2.5.6.4XXX and I didn't see any glowing objects until OB 2.5.6.5XX, where the F-18 Lot 20s are doing the same thing. This does not apply to the low poly F-18Cs. F-15Es are still fine. I have not tested with all statics so there may be others too but I have not seen any so far.

Again, not really a problem that breaks anything, but probably not supposed to be happening.

Edited by Hoirtel

I can confirm (again)

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

• 3 weeks later...

Could we please get some feedback on the status of a fix for this?

I've been training the CASE III Hornet mission (SC version) a lot lately, and the extreme "glowing orb" issue is very distracting. When I get close to the carrier the glowing orbs are so huge, they pretty much cover half of my HP Reverb view (especially a bright white/green light on the left side of the carrier. I think it might be the ball).

Edit:

I tried to make a "through the lens" picture, but there's too much reflections so I can't get it done..

Edited by sirrah

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

• ED Team

Hi

it is reported and the work is assigned to a dev, we will just have to wait and see if it makes it in for the next patch.

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 1 month later...

position lights glow effect bleed threw the wing

while night flying there red and green poison lights on the under side of the wing have a glow effect that is clipping threw the wing can be seen from the cockpit on the top of the wing

001.thumb.png.b2ee296290f094cec81083c87a4ef15d.png

002.thumb.png.117a24dc4780a39ad295b2a95bd30d0c.png

It's because of the fake halo effect. The wingtip lights are also strange. The fuselage lights are particularly messed up. They should barely be visible by the pilot, since they're flush to the fuselage, but you get these balls of light on top of the fuselage instead.

I get that they wanted to increase the nav lights visibility somehow, but I think a rework of the nav lights need to happen.

Screen_200605_021307.thumb.png.bad7a7f0d66af3a8460f8d979a595dea.png

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

• 4 weeks later...
Hi

it is reported and the work is assigned to a dev, we will just have to wait and see if it makes it in for the next patch.

thank you

An update on this would be appreciated

This extreme bright/glowing nav light bug is still very present, at least on the Hornet (and not only the static object Hornet but)

System specs:

• ED Team
An update on this would be appreciated

This extreme bright/glowing nav light bug is still very present, at least on the Hornet (and not only the static object Hornet but)

Can you attach a track replay, this has been fixed already, I just checked open beta now and all seems ok.

thank you

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Ok, here it goes. I even connected a higher resolution monitor from work, in an attempt to show you what I'm seeing in VR (first I tried through the lens photo's, but that's really difficult!:()

The "glowing orb" effect is also very visible during daytime missions, but I made these screenshots during nighttime as it is more striking.

I also added the mission where I tested it (F-18 - Syria - night). When trying to reproduce, make sure to set the nav lights knob to maximum intensity and test in VR

(I also tried DCS in 2D mode and then everything looks normal)

So:

Screenshot 001

F2 view close range (you can just see a red and green orb around my wingman)

Screenshot 002

F2 view medium range (you can still see red and green glow on my aircraft, although way too large already. Wingman went to one big bright orb of white light)

Screenshot 003

F2 view long range (my aircraft turned into one big orb of white light, my wingman just got out of "orb" distance and popped into a tiny red and white pixel (in VR my wingman lights looked good at this point. I don't think the small light pixel of my wingman can be seen on my screenshot, but it was there))

So basically, it is the "glow/washout" light effect where things get messed up

Some additional info:

Tested on latest (yesterdays) OB version 2.5.6.54046

Tested only on the Hornet at this time (not sure if the problem also still persists on other aircraft, as mentioned in this and the previous thread)

HMD HP Reverb

Rest of hardware in my signature

Hornet lights test.miz

001.thumb.png.e52145614dba5a2198fac450a2093065.png

002.thumb.png.c1e9d80c7b94ccb7f378e360851d5e13.png

003.thumb.png.1a13cd7cb7a471f3f4fab13aca62f2bd.png

Edited by sirrah

System specs:

• ED Team

thanks, yes this is reported and I have asked for an update.

Seems the statics were fixed but something change with nonstatic f-18's

• 2 weeks later...

Already reported and acknowledged by ED

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=277204

System specs:

• 1 month later...

A few updates have past since this was reported. I was wondering, is this still being worked on, or is this considered solved by ED?

(The issue still persists and is very annoying. At least in VR it is)

System specs:

+1

First, it is a major disadvantage against other aircraft (and yes of course you shouldn't have your position lights on when entering combat AO) but it is.

Secondly, it looks horrible like it should belong in a console "flight game" and not in DCS' flight "sim."

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

It's like watching glowing UFO orbs at the moment

Would be nice to see this bug get squashed

System specs:

• 4 weeks later...

The fact that I hear no one else complaining about this, makes me wonder if this bug is still on ED's scope, or if it's being considered solved?

The latter case would mean there's something wrong on my end and I should investigate what is wrong...

System specs:

As per lack of acknowledgement, I assume I'm the only one still having this issue :(

Does anyone have any idea on what I can try to solve it?

I don't use any mods (apart from the A-4 and MB-339) and I tried cleanup/repair. Still overly large nav lights on all lot20 Hornets

System specs:

You're not alone sir... I've been enjoying the F/A-18CX Mast REE variants for a while now :)

• Like 1

ROG Z690 Hero ● i9-12900K 5.5GHz ● Giggy RTX 3090 OC ● 32GB 4800MHz ● Firecuda M.2s ● Reverb G2 ● Win11Pro //// A10CII ● AH64D ● AJS37 ● AV8BNA ● C101 ● CEII ● F16C ● F5EII ● F86F ● FA18C ● FC3 ● I16 ● KA50 ● M2000C ● MI8 ● P47D ● SA342 ● SPIT ● UH1H ● Y52

I'm surprised no one has come up with a mod yet. The JF-17 had similar issues a while back and someone made a mod that greatly reduced the orbs. I still use it now.

It's just so irritating that the Hornet's lights are massive and can be seen from 15nm away, but city lights can't be seen from above 25,000ft and tanker NAV lights don't appear until 0.5nm (measured with AA TACAN).

I'm surprised no one has come up with a mod yet. The JF-17 had similar issues a while back and someone made a mod that greatly reduced the orbs. I still use it now.

It's just so irritating that the Hornet's lights are massive and can be seen from 15nm away, but city lights can't be seen from above 25,000ft and tanker NAV lights don't appear until 0.5nm (measured with AA TACAN).

This issue has been addressed, mentioned in the most recent patch update notes and should now be fixed with the most recent update.

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria