F-16C Joystick sensitivity ?

Now we all know that FLCS is great at some aspects, however it feels like the F-16 is lacking the sensitivity it deserves with default sensitivity settings.

I've dabbled a bit in changing the sensitivity for the pitch\roll, but i havent really made it feel "natural" yet.

Has anyone found that sweetspot yet ?

Warthog Throttle and Joystick!

Norwegian Rotorhead w\ All Helicopters

Watercooled AMD FX-8350 | Geforce 1060 6GB | 16 GiG DDR3 | Warthog Everything w/ pendulum pedals | Rift VR

Watercooled AMD Ryzen 9500X | RTX 3080 12GB | 64 GB DDR4 3600mhz | Warthog Everything w/Pendulum Pedals | Rift VR (CV1)

I have no experience with the Warthog HOTAS.

Personaly I use the good old Saitek X-52 pro ( something like 10 years old now) and it still works like a charm.

The only thing that needed attention was the rudder potentiometer inside the stick. The rudder was very wobbly even in center position.

Partly disassembled the stick, gave the potentiometer a nice shot of contactspray, twisted the stick a few minutes from left to right, blew things dry with compressed air and re-assembled the stick. From that moment on everything worked as advertised again.

No idea if this is helpful for your HOTAS though.

i know it sounds strange but, i thought that since the viper is a fly-by-wire, the pilot only pushes the stick in whatever direction and it is instantaneous. so for viper i have no curve and very minor deadzone. it seems to work pretty well.

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

I don’t know if that’s somehow been incorporated into the joystick in DCS though.

It is: look down at the rendered stick in your cockpit when you move your physical joystick around...

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

Hi all, just stumbled across this. I have found the Viper to be very challenging when flying formation and refuelling. Yes I understand the nature of this beast but it was either struggling with input lag, overly sensitive throttle response etc so I reached out to a few friends with the full WH TM Hotas as I also have and they gave me a couple of great curves that have made it so much better.

Pitch = -10

Roll = -15

Throttle = 7

It smoothes the handling out so much more.

Personally I have the feeling the Viper responds delayed (and thus sluggish) in roll.

Also personally think the Pitch axis isn't "grippy" enough, as in you pull hard and the onset of g isn't as quick as it should be.

It feels very tame in that.

Lincoln said: “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

Do not expect a reply to any questions, 30.06.2021 - Silenced by Nineline

Stabilator movement seems a little slower in movement when looking outside the jet when going from neutral to full deflection, maybe this has something to do with it?

There are videos on the internet that can be found to compare when doing a quick search.

Hi there,

My problem with the Viper controls is the rudder.

I recorded this footage to show how the DCS F-16C Viper behaves during takeoffs with 10 knots crosswind, no wind, with TGP and no TGP.

The problem is the aircraft starts to push to the right or to the left uncontrollably.

PS: I use small differential wheel brake inputs to correct the alignment with the runway. I tryied to use the rudder, but the input or it's less effective or too much.

Best regards.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D MOBO: Asus ROG STRIX B650E-E MEM: Kingston FURY Renegade 64GB DDR5 5200MHz SSD: Kingstone Fury Renegade NVME PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD 4TB GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC CASE: Cooler Master TD500 Mesh WATER COOLER: Cooler Master Master Liquid ML360 Illusion HT: TrackIR 5 VR: HP Reverb G2 V2 HOTAS: TM HOTAS Warthog RUDDER: TPR Rudder Pedals GRIP: TM F/A-18C GRIP WHEELS: Logitech G27 OS: Win 11 Pro SIMS: DCS World, Falcon BMS, IL-2 Sturmovik, MSFS2020, Arma 3, Assetto Corsa.

I know that it is the incorrect technique. But I can't control the aircraft during take off using the rudder. Or does nothing or pushes too much.

And the TGP, for some reason loaded in the right side of the fuselage, increases too much the drag to the right.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D MOBO: Asus ROG STRIX B650E-E MEM: Kingston FURY Renegade 64GB DDR5 5200MHz SSD: Kingstone Fury Renegade NVME PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD 4TB GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC CASE: Cooler Master TD500 Mesh WATER COOLER: Cooler Master Master Liquid ML360 Illusion HT: TrackIR 5 VR: HP Reverb G2 V2 HOTAS: TM HOTAS Warthog RUDDER: TPR Rudder Pedals GRIP: TM F/A-18C GRIP WHEELS: Logitech G27 OS: Win 11 Pro SIMS: DCS World, Falcon BMS, IL-2 Sturmovik, MSFS2020, Arma 3, Assetto Corsa.

Hi all, just stumbled across this. I have found the Viper to be very challenging when flying formation and refuelling. Yes I understand the nature of this beast but it was either struggling with input lag, overly sensitive throttle response etc so I reached out to a few friends with the full WH TM Hotas as I also have and they gave me a couple of great curves that have made it so much better.

Pitch = -10

Roll = -15

Throttle = 7

It smoothes the handling out so much more.

Thanks, I will have to try these.

I definitely need something. I'm not sure who's more tired, me or the warthog?

Almost feel like it's time for a new stick. It just has way too much friction to make the small inputs I want.

6700K@4.6 48Gb - 1080Ti Hybrid - Warthog - RIFT

Yes, I tried using NWS in the start, the aircraft pushes too much to the right or to the left.

Probably is my rudder control, must be a crap. Everybody have no issues like that.

Thrustmaster T.Flight Rudder Pedals

tfrp-rudder_1.jpg

I was using 30, but a reset to 0 (zero).

I practiced a little more, with no wind, and now, I can stay on the runway.

I fly few hours per week, probably I'm too newbie with these controls.

I used to fly with a Saitek X-52 Pro for more than 10 years. The rudder was in the joystick.

In the end of the last year, I purchased the TM HOTAS Warthog with this T. Flight Rudder Pedals and now I have problems to fly helicopters, WWII planes and take off with wind.

Edited by SilentSierra

I use nosewheel steering until 50 knots and then turn it off and just use rudder control after that. As soon as I turn the NWS off I'm ready to use large rudder inputs if needed to keep straight, these must then be reduced as the rudder becomes more effected during acceleration. I'd definitely recommend a curve of 20 or 30 as otherwise it will be very difficult.

Also if you're trying in a crosswind then you're asking for trouble as the F-16 has tyres currently that are much grippier laterally then they should be, which makes all crosswind handling, both takeoff and landing very difficult. I made a post about it here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=262823

Edited by Deano87

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.