I bought WWII Asset Pack but where is all this advertised equipment.

Beta has public version, not "closed" betas. All can download release and open beta on DCS World pages and Steam.

Ok, let me reword it... they should announce release to version named release not "open beta". Not everyone wants to be ED's honorary tester and open beta can be broken so they cannot even fully enjoy it there.

Ok, let me reword it... they should announce release to version named release not "open beta". Not everyone wants to be ED's honorary tester and open beta can be broken so they cannot even fully enjoy it there.

The "releases" always coming first on open beta and after on releases. That has coming from 2013.

About dont has "honorary tester", you can:

1- Use only DCS World "release" version

2- Waiting to "out of early access" modules to use them.

And about WW2, that has been released on iteractions:

-First iteration (2017)

- Air:

B-17G Bomber

-Naval:

APA Arthur Middleton-class (USS Samuel Chase)

LST Mk2

- Trains:

DR 50 Ton Flat Wagon Type SSys

DRG Class 86 Stream Locomotive

G10 covered wagon

Tank wagon

- Anti Air Artillery:

2 cm Flak 30/38/Flakvierling

8.8 cm Flak Gun 18, 36, & 37

Bofors 40 mm gun

Kommandogerät 40

- land

Bedford MWD 4x4 Truck

Cromwell Mk.VIII Cruise Tank

GMC CCKW 2½-ton 6x6 Truck

M-12 GMC 155mm Artillery

M-30 Cargo Carrier

Jagdpanzer IV (Sd.Kfz. 162)

Jagdpanther G1

Opel Blitz 36-6700A

Panzer IV Ausf. H

Panzer V Panther

Panzer VI Tiger Ausf. E (Tiger I)

Panzer VI Tiger Ausf. B (Tiger II)

Sherman Firefly / M4 / M4A4 "Hedge cutter" Rhinoceros

Sturmpanzer 43 Brummbär, Sd. Kfz. 166

Volkswagen Kübelwagen 82

Willys MB jeep 1/4 ton 4x4 Truck

- Infantry:

German Soldier

UK Soldier

US Parachute Soldier

-Second iteration (2018)

- Air:

Spitfire Mk.IX CW

- Naval Units

LCVP Higgins

- land

Horch 901 Type 4 kfz 21

M2A1 Halftrack

Sd.Kfz.2 Kettenkrad

Sd.Kfz. 234/2 Puma

Sd.Kfz. 251

Sd.Kfz. 7

StuG IV

-Third iteration (2020)

- Air:

A-20G Boston Light Bomber

Ju-88A-4 Torp

- Naval Units

E-boat Schnellboot type S-130

Type VII-С/41

- land Units

Flak-41

Flakscheinwerfer 37

M10 "Wolverine" tank destroyer

Mk IV Churchill VII Tank

Mk VIII Centaur IV close support tank

Maschinenstz 33 generator

Sd.Kfz.184 Elefant Heavy Tank destroyer

StuG III Assault gun

- Weapons

G7A-T1 Torpedo

LtIm F5b 450mm Torpedo

V-1/Fieseler Fi 103 Vergeltungswaffe 1 FZG-76

- Others

V-1/Fieseler Fi 103 site (as fixed site yet)

Torpedoes for aircraft and sea vessels

Subsequence and future releases planned and / or develop (on continue expansion):

- Air Units:

Avro Lancaster

A-26 Invader

B-24 Liberator

B-25 Mitchel

B-26 Invader

Bf 109 G-6

C-47 Dakota (on progress)

Fw-190 F-8 (on progress)

Hawker Typhoon

Heinkel 111 Bomber

Ju-87 Stuka (on progress)

- land Units

37 mm Gun M1

QF 3.7-inch AA gun (on progress)

M45 Quadmount (on progress)

- Weapons

V-2/Aggregat-4

- Others

V-2/Aggregat-4 site

Enviado desde mi RNE-L21 mediante Tapatalk

Edited by Silver_Dragon

@Silver_Dragon, you are not getting point... that's fine updates are going to open beta first.

Check marketing video:

Do you see there any word it's just for testing/open beta release?

If someone just plays stable never reads forum and sees that video how could he know?

Do you think it would be that big problem for ED to add there somewhere words "just for open beta"?

Edited by danvac

@Silver_Dragon, you are not getting point... that's fine updates are going to open beta first.

Check marketing video:

If someone just plays stable never reads forum and sees that video how could he know?

Do you think it would be that big problem for ED to add there somewhere words "just for open beta", so you are defending it?

I think that is a fair point. It is understandable why the updates need to go through open beta first - it would potentially add a lot of work making new updates compatible with older builds and the potential to break it.

Yet it should be clear that it will become available on stable at the next stable update (when open beta testing is complete). That milestone isn't completed until then. Otherwise it is also understandable people get confused.

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

Check marketing video:

Do you think it would be that big problem for ED to add there somewhere words "just for open beta", so you are defending it?

"so yuo are defending", OK, sorry by not understand you

Enviado desde mi RNE-L21 mediante Tapatalk

• ED Team

Updates will always go to open beta first, this is how the development cycle goes.

What we have currently with a troublesome open beta has had a knock on effect for the stable version, as soon as we are happy with open beta and have resolved the big issues we will update stable version.

Thanks for being patient

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I always chuckle on forums when someone doesn't understand something and a bunch of die-hard, 7,000 post guys (you are the MINORITY of players of most games) get on here and tell him that it's 'obvious' and people that ask questions are 'nitwits'...seriously, get a life (the guys calling people names on GAME forums). It's a minority of guys that are jerks, but it turns people away.

I've been playing this game a while now and just recently realized that some modules are only available in open beta (when I first tried the JF 17 free trial...cue 'you're a moron then because you don't spend all day on forums and live and breath DCS'). I figured it out myself, but could have just as easily asked on the forums...as that's what forums are for are they not? Asking questions?

The F16 is apparently early access (as are a lot of the modules), but is available on stable (where I play too as the beta is such a stuttering sh@tshow right now). The only modules I'm aware of that are on open beta only are the JF 17 and the WW2 assets pack (if you want the new stuff). That is not OBVIOUS to the average person that plays this casually, and ED should shoulder some of the blame. I've seen several erroneous sentences in the descriptions, especially on the Steam pages (i.e. open beta is required when it hasn't been for nearly 2 years).

I could tell from the original post in this thread that the guy wasn't on open beta. Could have been a one-answer thread. It's unfortunate that it's in the state that it is as I won't/can't try out the additional assets and the JF 17 because of the FPS issues.

"I mean, I guess it would just be a guy who you know, grabs bananas and runs. Or, um, a banana that grabs things. Why would a banana grab another banana? I mean, those are the kind of questions I don't want to answer." - Michael Bluth

• 3 weeks later...
Where is the american quad MG? Cannot find it on Air defense!

Actually, that exact question is what brought me here today.

AAA

M45 Quadmount

QF 3.7-inch AA gun

37 mm gun M1

Not released yet. No date announced

And there's my answer.

Could tidy up the sales brochure a bit.

Bowie

Are you on the open beta version? The asset pack update was only released for 2.5.6

If you are on the 2.5.5 stable editions, the new units will be missing.

Thank you for a straight answer. :thumbup: I can wait.