Radar elevation way too sensitive on button

raelias

Yeah kind of absurd this even got out, it's like they didn't do a single test on using the radar, and still no fix, I'm not programer but sounds like a pretty easy fix to lower the gain of an input

Win10 64, MSI Krait Gaming Z370, I7 8700K, Geforce 1080Ti FTW3 ,32 GB Ram, Samsung 980 EVO SSD

Modules: Combind Arms, A-10C, F-86F, F/A-18, F-16, Flaming Cliffs, KA-50, L-39, P-51, UH-1, Christen Eagle II, Persian Gulf

Radar antenna elevation still not fixed

See title: contrary to claims the button sensitivity is still way too high. There do seem to be some changes from the previous open beta version, but it's nothing like it used to be. I'm using the POV hat on a Warthog throttle.

Included are two tracks: one for current open beta and one for current stable version. The difference is huge.

F-16 antenna elevation beta.trk

F-16 antenna elevation stable.trk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Radar elevation slowed down

The rate of elevation change via button commands is determined by these two lines in the file "default.lua" in the folder "...\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\F-16C\Input\F-16C\joystick":

{    pressed = hotas_commands.THROTTLE_MAN_RNG_DEC,                                                        cockpit_device_id = devices.HOTAS,    value_pressed = -1.0,                    name = _('MAN RNG Knob - CCW'),                                            category = {_('Throttle Grip'), _('HOTAS')}},
{    pressed = hotas_commands.THROTTLE_ANT_ELEV_UP,                                                        cockpit_device_id = devices.HOTAS,    value_pressed =  1.0,                    name = _('ANT ELEV Knob - CW'),                                            category = {_('Throttle Grip'), _('HOTAS')}},

More specifically the numbers following "value_pressed". If you change them to 0.1 and -0.1 you can set the elevation quite precisely. Instead of modifying the original lines, I added two new lines and bound the added commands to the coolie switch on my TM WH throttle:

{pressed = hotas_commands.THROTTLE_ANT_ELEV_UP, cockpit_device_id = devices.HOTAS,    value_pressed =  0.1, name = _('ANT ELEV Knob - CW Fine'), category = {_('Throttle Grip'), _('HOTAS')}},
{pressed = hotas_commands.THROTTLE_ANT_ELEV_DOWN, cockpit_device_id = devices.HOTAS,    value_pressed = -0.1, name = _('ANT ELEV Knob - CCW Fine'), category = {_('Throttle Grip'), _('HOTAS')}},

You can use values like 0.2 or 0.3 instead of 0.1 to make it a bit faster.

Not an ideal solution of course because the next update will replace the modified file with the original again. I use OvGME to manage my modified files and prevent loss of my modifications.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

• 3 weeks later...
was This issue fixed? I still having trouble with it bound to my Warthog throttle INCR/DECR as axis command..... just seems real buggy. I spend way too much time bugging a target due to this problem

It was fixed with the December 24th update. It is working well with the TM Cougar controller on my end.

Image36.jpg

I find it still a bit fast with normal switches, so I continue to use my little mod with values of 0.2 and -0.2,

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm having issues as well.I have no axis to assign it to so i assign it to a 4 way hat and if i touch it even quickly it jumps all over the place. Not usable for air to air at the moment.Tried individual switches and it made no difference.

MODULES: A10C Warthog,AH-64 D APACHE,AJS Viggen,AV8B Harrier,BF109 K4,C101 Aviojet,F14 Tomcat,F15E Eagle,F16 Viper,F5 Tiger,F86 Sabre,FA18C Hornet,FW190A8,FW190D9,I16 Ishak,JF17 Thunder,KA50 Blackshark,L39Albatros,Mirage2000C,Mirage F-1,MI24P,MI8MVT2,MIG15BIS,MIG19P,MIG21BIS,Mosquito FB VI,P51D Mustang,P47D Thunderbolt,SA342 Gazell,SpitfireIX,TF51D,UH1H Huey,Yak52.

OTHER:Flamming cliffs,Combined Arms,WW2 Assets Pack,SuperCarrier.

TERRAINS: Nevada,Caucasus,Normandy,Persian Gulf,Syria,Channel,Marianas. 

...Tried individual switches and it made no difference.

Individual switches cannot make a difference except if you use a rotary encoder which produces very short pulses. If it's such a big problem for you,why don't you apply the change described in post #35?

LeCuvier

I didn't see that i will give it a try ty.

MODULES: A10C Warthog,AH-64 D APACHE,AJS Viggen,AV8B Harrier,BF109 K4,C101 Aviojet,F14 Tomcat,F15E Eagle,F16 Viper,F5 Tiger,F86 Sabre,FA18C Hornet,FW190A8,FW190D9,I16 Ishak,JF17 Thunder,KA50 Blackshark,L39Albatros,Mirage2000C,Mirage F-1,MI24P,MI8MVT2,MIG15BIS,MIG19P,MIG21BIS,Mosquito FB VI,P51D Mustang,P47D Thunderbolt,SA342 Gazell,SpitfireIX,TF51D,UH1H Huey,Yak52.

OTHER:Flamming cliffs,Combined Arms,WW2 Assets Pack,SuperCarrier.

TERRAINS: Nevada,Caucasus,Normandy,Persian Gulf,Syria,Channel,Marianas. 

The rate of elevation change via button commands is determined by these two lines in the file "default.lua" in the folder "...\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\F-16C\Input\F-16C\joystick":

[...]

Thanks, that looks interesting for some other cases that I will try out probably, like trim or TDC slewing...

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Same issues on a warthog, anyone know how to assign the "antenna elevation up/down functions to the throttle friction control.

At the moment it does not show me the option to assign them to "joy_slider1"

• 2 weeks later...

Bump cause this is really annoying.

I'm already sturggling so much with binding the inputs on my crappy X52 , and the naming scheme in the 'adjust controls' section.

The slightest tap will send the elevation to the moon instantly , the sensitivity is just WAY too high.

I'm no expert but this should not be hard to fix , but it's very vital

I just installed the F-16 module and set up the controls. Testing things out I came across the very rapid radar elevation change. Thought I had it set wrong or something... guess not.

I see it has been reported (in 2019) but has there been any feedback on addressing the issue?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

• 11 months later...

Have to dig this out.

I and many others still experience the radar elevation control via buttons to be way too fast. It's nearly impossible to fine tune the scan elevation.

Please consider fixing this, since not everybody has a free axis for elevation control.

• Like 5