X52 cutting out with Hornet only

I'm running the X52, which lately works fine with the F-16. In the F-18 however I get times when my stick doesn't respond, and then suddenly does, and the diamond on the controls indicator goes way off center and gets stuck there. I wonder, if this is just my USB connection failing suddenly, and then reconnecting which tricks the X52 into readjusting the center. If any other Logitech users have noticed the same bug, if you have any advice for me please share, or if you know of a USB splitter that is highly reliable please tell me the make and model. thank you.

VR rig - stinkin' cool!

If it's a module specific issue check your F/A-18C keybindings for conflicts with other input devices.

Plug your X52 directly into a USB slot on your mainboard instead using a hub, if you generally have issues with your HOTAS. If the issue still remains reinstall your X52 drivers.

To tweak your X52 (esp. to eliminate the jitter on the throttle slider) I recomment this thread: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=199177

Edited by AstonMartinDBS

[Modules] A-10C, A-10C II, AH-64D, F-14A/B, F-16C, F/A-18C, FC3, Ka-50, P-51D, UH-1H, CA, SC
[Maps] PG, NTTR, Normandy, Sinai, Syria, TC

[OS] Windows 11 Pro
[PC] MSI Pro Z790-A, i9-13900K, 64 GB DDR5-5200, RTX 4090 24 GB GDDR6X, 2 x SSD 990 PRO 2 TB (M.2), Corsair 5000D Airflow, HX1500i, H150i RGB Elite, Acer X28, TM HOTAS Warthog (Grip@WarBRD Base), MS SW FFB2, Thrustmaster TFRP, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro
[Checklists] A-10C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AH-64D, Ka-50, UH-1H

It looks like my Comms switches were double bound to the keys and X52 program. I connected my HOTAS directly to a USB as well as my keyboard to speed up the connection to the X52 software. Thanks for the tip and that link. Lots of helpful info there.

Edited by Thalvid

VR rig - stinkin' cool!

Thanks for the tip and that link. Lots of helpful info there.
Indeed, that's a great thread for all X52 owners! :thumbup:

I hope you could eliminate your issue.

[Modules] A-10C, A-10C II, AH-64D, F-14A/B, F-16C, F/A-18C, FC3, Ka-50, P-51D, UH-1H, CA, SC
[Maps] PG, NTTR, Normandy, Sinai, Syria, TC

[OS] Windows 11 Pro
[PC] MSI Pro Z790-A, i9-13900K, 64 GB DDR5-5200, RTX 4090 24 GB GDDR6X, 2 x SSD 990 PRO 2 TB (M.2), Corsair 5000D Airflow, HX1500i, H150i RGB Elite, Acer X28, TM HOTAS Warthog (Grip@WarBRD Base), MS SW FFB2, Thrustmaster TFRP, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro
[Checklists] A-10C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AH-64D, Ka-50, UH-1H

So the X52 has this problem often. Users in other forums have the off center problem occur making the plane roll and pitch uncontrollably. Here's a useful tip for anyone reading: if you get the offset center just unplug the cable that links your X52 stick to the throttle, then plug it back in. it will reset the center and you don't have to quit the game and reboot your PC! It works, I just tried it. Simply unplug the PS-2 cable between the throttle and stick (at either end) and plug it back in again. This solves the frustrating problem of random offset centering immediately without having to do a reboot.

https://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/246159-x52-stick-centering-problem/&do=findComment&comment=4735512

Edited by Thalvid
grammatical improvements

VR rig - stinkin' cool!

• 9 months later...