[FIXED] Time on Target calc wrong

AvroLanc

It looks like TOT calculation is wrong.

At the moment the TOT feature is not predicting time of arrival at a waypoint.

It merely shows you the difference between the CURRENT time and the fixed TOT set at the WP. This is not very useful.

I would expect the TOT to predict ahead what time you'll arrive at the waypoint, and then compare THAT with the fixed TOT set for that WP.

It's the only useful way to use the TOT ufc feature....

Is it known WIP?

Edited by uboats

• 1 month later...

[WIP] TOT (Time on Target) incorrectly implimented

Duplicate removed

Greetings Uboats, first off thanks for the Jf. Great module

When using the UFC TOT feature we have found that the time on target, Delta T as well as other calculations are based off of DCS mission clock start, not on aircraft position/ Time speed distance calculations to the selected Target or waypoint.

The delta time does not change respective to aircraft speed. It simply compares current time minus flight plan time on target. It counts at a fixed rate. Same goes for the HUD cue, as the Airspeed HUD cue is only comparing fixed flight plan info not Delta T if TOT is changed.

This results in incorrect data when trying to augment flight plan speed to adjust and change TOT in real-time as it's only calculating what was in either the mission Editor flight plan, or some other information that was pre programmed.

Either way not how the Functionality in the aircraft is supposed to work.

Is this a known issue ? I really hope this gets addressed as it's a very powerful tool and function, especially IRL when coordinating strikes on targets.

Thank you

Edited by uboats

Greetings Uboats, first off thanks for the Jf. Great module

When using the UFC TOT feature we have found that the time on target, Delta T as well as other calculations are based off of DCS mission clock start, not on aircraft position/ Time speed distance calculations to the selected Target or waypoint.

The delta time does not change respective to aircraft speed. It simply compares current time minus flight plan time on target. It counts at a fixed rate. Same goes for the HUD cue, as the Airspeed HUD cue is only comparing fixed flight plan info not Delta T if TOT is changed.

This results in incorrect data when trying to augment flight plan speed to adjust and change TOT in real-time as it's only calculating what was in either the mission Editor flight plan, or some other information that was pre programmed.

Either way not how the Functionality in the aircraft is supposed to work.

Is this a known issue ? I really hope this gets addressed as it's a very powerful tool and function, especially IRL when coordinating strikes on targets.

Thank you

Agreed. Reported by me a while ago. Not response yet.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=257539

Bump +1

The nav mod HUD Airspeed cue is also not working correctly as it doesn't predict TOT Dynamically. It's fixed on PrePlanned waypoint speed which is not correct. Almost as if using Su25T FC3 coding setup for functionality as it displays planned Airspeed.

Edited by Shrike88
Spelling

Excellent thanks @Uboats !

Really looking forward to this as TOT is one of the most important and used features in a modern strike aircraft !

Also Saw you helped HB with the Tomcat. Nice work and really first class sir

Thanks again

no problem.

That customized cpt texture feature for all dcs modules was implemented by me long ago as mod and then adopted and improved by ED.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

Greetings Uboats.

Noticing a couple of things and need some clarification

with testing recently that the TOT functionality, the TOT settings are not available in AG mode, only NAV master mode. Is this correct ? I know for the F-16 its available in AG settings for coordinated strike times and your able to release weapons on target based on TOT. Is it not available like this for the JF-17 ? Thought it would be an AG function also, and we would not loose the Speed cue and HUD info in AG master mode

Also TOT still does not augment or update when using pre planned waypoints for me. If i have a speed set in the mission editor, and I update and type in a new Time in TOT, the HUD cue will not change and it seems the set speed in the ME will not update on the TOT.

Seems TOT only works if I create a new waypoint in game and type in the coords and enter a time to reach that waypoint that way

Any insight on this ?

``Having trouble shrinking track file``

Greetings Uboats.

Noticing a couple of things and need some clarification

with testing recently that the TOT functionality, the TOT settings are not available in AG mode, only NAV master mode. Is this correct ? I know for the F-16 its available in AG settings for coordinated strike times and your able to release weapons on target based on TOT. Is it not available like this for the JF-17 ? Thought it would be an AG function also, and we would not loose the Speed cue and HUD info in AG master mode

Also TOT still does not augment or update when using pre planned waypoints for me. If i have a speed set in the mission editor, and I update and type in a new Time in TOT, the HUD cue will not change and it seems the set speed in the ME will not update on the TOT.

Seems TOT only works if I create a new waypoint in game and type in the coords and enter a time to reach that waypoint that way

Any insight on this ?

``Having trouble shrinking track file``

yup, missed some of them.

will go through the TOT again

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...