RDR Screen does not automatically switch to SPT after firing on HPT.

J20Stronk

The Radar page does not update itself switching to SPT after you fire an SD-10 to HPT. The HUD and second missile do update and will track SPT, but the RDR page will still show HPT as the currently selected target.

Switching targets will "invert" the selection, the HUD will track the HPT, but RDR page will show SPT as selected. The missile will guide onto whatever target the HUD is tracking.

Happens when you bug HPT/SPT in both TWS and RWS modes.

Video Below:

Edited by J20Stronk

Are you sure that’s a bug? When shooting that doesn’t change what is HPT or SPT. Looking at the radar screen that way it always tells you what’s HPT or SPT even if you have already fired once. I think it might be correct as is, and is pretty useful on top of that

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

After fire SD-10 to HPT, WCS use radar SPT to calculate shooting params.

WCS wont command radar to swap HPT/SPT.

Which is the most dangerous target, it's up to the pilot, not WCS.

Edited by L0op8ack

The Radar page does not update itself switching to SPT after you fire an SD-10 to HPT. The HUD and second missile do update and will track SPT, but the RDR page will still show HPT as the currently selected target.

Switching targets will "invert" the selection, the HUD will track the HPT, but RDR page will show SPT as selected. The missile will guide onto whatever target the HUD is tracking.

Happens when you bug HPT/SPT in both TWS and RWS modes.

Video Below:

This got me by surprise too a couple of days ago. I was head on against to Mig-29 and had both locked on radar/TWS. Shot missile one at the HPT and manually switched from HPT to the SPT to engage the SPT, switching back manually to the HPT...and did the same again. The first Mig was destroyed but the second Mig got me with a R-73. I was watching the track and saw that all four SD-10 were going to the first Mig-29...WTF was my first reaction :lol: I tried it a second time but this time was watching my HUD and not the Radar screen and saw the automatic switching from HPT to SPT and from SPT to HPT after launching every single missile but nothing (switching "active target") was shown on the Radar screen. Is there an indication i didn't payed attention to on the Radar screen what is the target that will get engaged by my missile launch?

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Actually the RDR didn't swap HPT for SPT at that time, just the WCS automatically use the SPT data for second shot and show U the calculation result on HUD after the first shot is fired.

The logic is a little bit confusing, but the aircraft assume U want to shoot the second guy since U lock him up as SPT (in RL to lock a SPT will need not only a TDC depress but also a special button depressed at the same time).

Deka Ironwork Tester Team

• 3 months later...
most of stick/throttle POVs have only 4 direction, no depress.

if it's modeled, players have to assign another button for this.

it could be done like hornet does it - hornet has an option in Special options for realistic TDC slew which can be checked or unchecked, as it requires depress to slew in the real plane (in mav page etc).

Edited by dorianR666

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580