A question and a comment

solidGad

Hey all. Loving the JF-17. It may have even replaced my beloved F14 for my fav DCS module. Just had a question and a comment.

The question...when pressing the T2 Press button to uncage the seeker, do I need to hold it or can I release the button? If I need to hold it, do I still need to hold it once it locks on to a heat source? It's more for me to figure out what button to bind it to.

The comment...anyone else find the gun on the JF-17 not so hot? Very low ammo and the trouble hitting anything. Any tips with this gun?

Thanks for your time!

Hey all. Loving the JF-17. It may have even replaced my beloved F14 for my fav DCS module. Just had a question and a comment.

The question...when pressing the T2 Press button to uncage the seeker, do I need to hold it or can I release the button? If I need to hold it, do I still need to hold it once it locks on to a heat source? It's more for me to figure out what button to bind it to.

The comment...anyone else find the gun on the JF-17 not so hot? Very low ammo and the trouble hitting anything. Any tips with this gun?

Thanks for your time!

about T2 and i dont know if its correct but even if u uncage the seeker u need to hear the tone before launch and i dont think u need to hold it just press it

about gun i see its good no complaining

i wouldnt be too bent over about the gun, it seems a pretty deliberate design decision to discourage a2a gunfighting -- if you run out of missiles, go home to get more missiles.

the jf-17's gun is angled down from the waterline which is more suitable for a2g use but is unsuitable for a2a since you have to pull more lead and exacerbates any plane misalignment

this is honestly not a big deal as aerial gunfighting in a missile arena is a bad meme that will get you killed

Edited by probad

Use Mirage tutorials for fun as their sight works the same. It’s not a predicting death dot, it only shows your bullet path and where they will be at a certain range regardless of target movement. So you need to fire so that in one bullet TOF the pipper is over the target, or conversely track the target for about one bullet TOF with the pipper(the longer the distance, the longer it takes for gunsight to settle) and then fire.

Becuase of that angle, it means t can’t do high G tracking shots well, so get use to snapshots

And put it in SSLC gunsight mode to see actual patch of bullets, the LCOS just draws from gun cross but becuase of down angle your bullets never rise that high on the HUD

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg