[REPORTED]Tree shadows?

oldcrusty

• ED Team

please add a track replay and your dcs log, we can look for clues.

Please also try a cleanup and repair or verify for steam users

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 4 weeks later...

I'm seeing weird tree shadows as well but without the banding, and the ground and buildings just generally look washed out. If I try and reduce Gamma, then I get an unnatural blue tint in shadows, especially when looking at the shady side of the aircraft, F-18, in F2 view. I don't remember exactly which update all this started with, but I kept waiting thinking a future update would fix it but that hasn't happened over the last couple updates at least.

Tree textures are lost in the shadows, making it appear a forest fire has occurred and all that's left is a black, burned landscape where the trees once were. DCS was looking incredibly realistic before this all began, but because of these issues I've lost all sense of immersion.

Log file and track uploaded.

Edit: Forgot to mention, I deleted FXO and shaders and ran a complete cleanup. No help.

dcs.log

Trees.trk

Edited by GeneralDynamics

System Specs:

Win 10 x64 Pro, ASUS Maximus X Formula, i9-9900K @ 4.7 GHz, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200 MHz, NZXT Kraken X73 AIO Cooler, Titan X Pascal GPU, EVGA Supernova 1000W P2 PSU, C: 1TB Samsung 960 Pro m.2 PCIe SSD, D: 1TB Samsung 850 Pro SATA SSD, HT Omega Claro PCIe 7.1 Sound, Denon AVR-1709 7.1 Receiver, 46" Sharp Aquos Quattron Main Screen, 27" Acer T272HL TouchScreen + Helios, TrackIR 5, ThrustMaster HOTAS Warthog, Crosswinds pedals, SimShaker