High voltage lines not visible with clouds in background

astazou

Hello,

Since DCS 2.5.6.50321 I noticed when you fly low (lower than lines), the lines are not visible when there is clouds on background.

If you fly higher than the lines, you can see them again.

Same behaviore on multi' ans in solo'.

If you put a good weather without clouds the problem isn't existing, but if you put a bad weather with clouds:

unknown.png

In attachement you will find a .zip with mission file + track file

I hope it help

Thank you

My DCS contributions:
- My mods/skins: here
- My server/missions scripts: there
- My Discord bot:
this place
If you want to thank me buying a coffee☕/beer🍺, feel free:
https://www.buymeacoffee.com/Astazou

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe it's because you're not supposed to see them?

That's why so many helicopters fly into wires: pilots can't see them. That's also why many helicopters have cable cutters, on the roof and on the bottom of the fuselage.

That's also why, when you fly helicopters low level, youo always fly over high tension pylons, and not between them.

@Googles - OP has a point, although his screenshot and vid might not be showing the full extent of the problem. Clouds of any kind "erase" wire rendering completely at the moment. You can test it yourself with a couple of cumulus clouds thrown in, moving free cam around. What you'll see is there's a line, then suddenly a cotton ball in front of it (even though the cloud itself is obviously kilometers away), then the rest of a line.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Maybe it's because you're not supposed to see them?

That's why so many helicopters fly into wires: pilots can't see them. That's also why many helicopters have cable cutters, on the roof and on the bottom of the fuselage.

That's also why, when you fly helicopters low level, youo always fly over high tension pylons, and not between them.

You can see them well, but not from far always. You can even see them from a moving car in most good weathers very well.

But, in moving helicopter with low ride and high speed and mind somewhere else, and then bad weather, accidents happens.

What OP reports is a bug.

But those cables are usually black, instead gray. And should be thinner than now.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.