DCS: Me 262 Discussion - Page 31 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-02-2019, 06:42 PM   #301
twistking

Quote:
Originally Posted by halowraith1 View Post
if yo-yo gets that engine right and the sound guys give all they got, then this will become a dream module!
Old 10-02-2019, 07:48 PM   #302
halowraith1

it was actually a high-power run, too. the full video is on their facebook page.
halowraith1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 02:53 PM   #303
cmeliak

Hello gents, any news around? some new pictures?
Old 10-19-2019, 03:58 PM   #304
razo+r
Veteran

It's really a shame that this project is taking so long...

Now that we know where the project stands (still), I kind of gave my hopes up for this piece of art.
razo+r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 04:48 PM   #305
iFoxRomeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by razo+r View Post
It's really a shame that this project is taking so long...

Now that we know where the project stands (still), I kind of gave my hopes up for this piece of art.
Yes, this is indeed not the news I wanted to read...

They didn´t even start yet.
Quote:
We are still collecting the necessary data to correctly simulate the Me.262 and until we have enough granular detail we will not start development

Fox
iFoxRomeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 06:09 PM   #306
probad

fairweather friends itf
hahaha hey look at me i surely know more about aviation and coding than actual industry professionals hired for their competency because i have read jalopnik and wikipedia i bet theyve never even heard of google LOL
probad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 06:27 PM   #307
JG13~Wulf

262 is not really the most usefull plane to see in DCS WW2 now. It has a really limited use as it is an intereptor (and ground attack plane). I would buy it first day, but in today game, it's not really the plane I look for.

As Me 262 is an interceptor (and ground attack) plane, it is really limited to use it right now. I prefer to see DM, AI, weather, ... before having it in game. And I prefer to have more classic fighter and bomber flyable before having this plane as it have really particular caracteristics.

It is a superb plane but it is too different from other plane now to be really interresting. I think we need more context to make a correct use of it. And I'm happy ED don't rush it right now. I would be really happy to wait 2 or 3 more years if this time is spent to devellop a complete WW2 environment (AI, DM, more flyable planes to match the period, ground objects, ...).

Hope to see it soon. But I prefer to see other things first :p
(But yes I start saving money for it )
Old 10-19-2019, 07:47 PM   #308
Zius

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG13~Wulf View Post
As Me 262 is an interceptor (and ground attack) plane, it is really limited to use it right now.
I don't get this comment.
We have B-17's and P-54's, as well as ground targets, so what more do you want?

Quote:
I prefer to see DM, AI, weather, ...
Yeah, but those things don't pay the bills. New modules do...
Old 10-20-2019, 08:57 AM   #309
iFoxRomeo

Quote:
262 is not really the most usefull plane to see in DCS WW2 now. It has a really limited use as it is an intereptor (and ground attack plane). I would buy it first day, but in today game, it's not really the plane I look for.

As Me 262 is an interceptor (and ground attack) plane, it is really limited to use it right now. I prefer to see DM, AI, weather, ... before having it in game. And I prefer to have more classic fighter and bomber flyable before having this plane as it have really particular caracteristics.

It is a superb plane but it is too different from other plane now to be really interresting. I think we need more context to make a correct use of it. And I'm happy ED don't rush it right now. I would be really happy to wait 2 or 3 more years if this time is spent to devellop a complete WW2 environment (AI, DM, more flyable planes to match the period, ground objects, ...).

Hope to see it soon. But I prefer to see other things first :p
(But yes I start saving money for it )
I think this is going to be the longest announced aircraft in DCS.

The Kickstarter project launched 05.September 2013, that's more than 6years now.

After the RRG desaster, mid 2014 ED took over the "plan" to develop this bird (among K4,Spitfire, P-47). I'm happy for that, don't get me wrong.

People are waiting longer for this DCS bird than you are active on these forums.
So "rush" in conjunction with this development does not fit here. As the development didn't even start yet, it's far away from rushed.

Initially is was scheduled behind the P-47. But the P-47 is also already late. 3 years.

It's like the real Me262. Early announced but then late to the theater of action.

There is no discussion about DM, AI weather etc. improvements. We all want them.
And you think there is no use for the 262 in the current DCS environment? Sorry you are wrong. Zius describes it perfectly. Of course more stuff is better.

Fox
iFoxRomeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 09:13 AM   #310
Ala13_ManOWar

Quote:
I prefer to see DM, AI, weather, ... before having it in game.
If you read the whole Wag's interview indeed he says they are different teams, so parallel development. All of it is coming together, it's not one thing or the other.

S!