SWAPR - SWeet Automatic Player Replacement script - Page 5 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 08-10-2019, 12:21 PM   #41
Hardcard

@Everyone

New SWAPR(Plug&Play) version + tutorial video released (main post updated), you'll love it!
Hardcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 12:50 PM   #42
Rudel_chw
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcard View Post
@Everyone

New SWAPR(Plug&Play) version + tutorial video released (main post updated), you'll love it!
I was happy with the older version .. but of course, I will check out this new one ... cheers!
Rudel_chw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 01:41 PM   #43
Hardcard

The old version required quite a bit of work to set up (dump + edit reference tables, etc.), didn't support sheltered clients, it caused problems when switching between FARP clients and didn't allow users to customize offsets (in bulk)

This new version still has some limitations, like not supporting multiple-client groups...but I'm working on it!

Trust me, you'll be happier with this one!

Last edited by Hardcard; 08-10-2019 at 01:51 PM.
Old 08-10-2019, 01:53 PM   #44
Shahdoh

This is a great improvement to an already great script. Will need to test to see if it solved the high client count issue.

About the only other thing I would like to see if it could be added is an OPTION to disable the slot if the aircraft was damaged while waiting for a client. Along with the option to turn that on and off, a variable to set how long you wanted it to be disabled for.

Though, even without that capability, you have done something great for the community and thank you for all the time and effort you have put into this.
Shahdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 02:14 PM   #45
Hardcard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahdoh View Post
This is a great improvement to an already great script. Will need to test to see if it solved the high client count issue.
I'd be surprised to see that issue resurface with the plug & play version... but, please, keep me posted!

Reference tables are automatically generated and accessed now, no dumps on dcs.log required... so it should work fine? (fingers crossed)

As for your parking spot block suggestion, I'll need to discuss it with the scripting gurus, see if we can pull it off.

Like I said, I'll keep improving this script until it does pretty much everything a user would want.

Last edited by Hardcard; 08-10-2019 at 02:20 PM.
Old 08-10-2019, 02:26 PM   #46
Shahdoh

Just tested in SP and MP. No errors with 206 client aircraft on the Normandy map.

Observations:
- Aircraft now show preloaded ordinance where the statics did not.
- With this many clients, I did notice a performance hit on FPS. This is not the scripts fault though, just have to keep in mind number of displayed objects (with ordinance, skins, etc) that the mission creator must balance for a smooth mission.
- Client aircraft set to hidden in the ME are not hidden when sitting on the ramp. Is it possible to carry over that value to the inactive aircraft?

Major improvements overall and no setbacks that I could see. Awesome work!!!
Shahdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 03:49 PM   #47
Hardcard

Quote:
Just tested in SP and MP. No errors with 206 client aircraft on the Normandy map.
Awesome

Quote:
- With this many clients, I did notice a performance hit on FPS.
Yes, that's the real downside of SWAPR... you would experience pretty much the same performance hit if the plane replacements were statics instead of uncontrolled AI.

The good news is that you're now able to replace sheltered clients as well (with their loadouts and all, which is pretty sick )

Quote:
- Client aircraft set to hidden in the ME are not hidden when sitting on the ramp. Is it possible to carry over that value to the inactive aircraft?
Oopsie, that was an oversight on my part, let me fix it real quick

EDIT: The issue should be corrected now (new SWAPR script uploaded), keep in mind that it'll only work for replacement planes located in airbases. Helicopter and plane replacements outside airbases won't be hidden.

I mean... I guess I could get rid of static replacements altogether and use uncontrolled AI replacements exclusively (so they would also "inherit" loadouts and settings like "hidden")... might end up doing that in the future, we'll see.

Last edited by Hardcard; 08-10-2019 at 04:06 PM.
Old 08-10-2019, 04:14 PM   #48
wolf5
Tester NS 430

Nice work mate, works like a charm in MP

2RIMa-Gaming

People fly planes, pilots fly helicopters
wolf5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 07:26 PM   #49
Yurgon
Campaign Testers

I just included this in our squad mission. So far, in SP, testing worked fine and it looks really cool to see all the slots properly filled with empty aircraft.

Will let you know when we get to actual MP testing.
Old 08-12-2019, 08:21 AM   #50
TheBamse

Great update!
All my previous "issues" (again, caused by me, not SWAPR) was solved with the new version. I'll put the updated mission on our training server for "public" testing today!
TheBamse is offline   Reply With Quote